4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

New to BMX... Need bike for 7 year old

10/28/2010 4:01 AM

I would like to get my 7 year old son into BMX racing and am not sure where to start or what bike we should buy him. We are familiar with other types of biking (road, cross, mtn) but not with BMX. Our son is rather small for his age and we don't know of any bike shops in Minneapolis, MN to go to for help. Does anyone have any recommendations of where to start?

10/28/2010 4:09 AM

We The People makes an 18" Complete bike, that should get your son in the right direction. Or depending on how tall he is, you could get him a 20" bike, that one's really your call. It will save you money buying a 20" though.
18" BMX Bike
20" BMX Bike
WeThePeople make some really nice bikes in BMX.
Anymore questions, people will help you.

-Greg

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

10/28/2010 4:11 AM

this is more of bmx freestyle site but there may be racers on here that could help you.
i think redline is really good in the race department

10/28/2010 4:17 AM

Good to see your getting the little fella into BMX! As for bikes i'd say around an 18" like Greg posted. Im guessing he wouldn't be shredding to hard but I would still get him a good branded bike, It may be more expensive but it will last longer when he gets better on the track! I would get a proper racing bike if thats what you plan for your son to do, something like an Intense would be ideal - they're brilliant race bikes and are designed especially for it!http://www.intensebmx.com/racebikes/IBK9FJA-3.html

Heres a link to an awesome Intense Junior Race bike for you, check em out and see what you think I'd love to hear feedback on how your son goes!

- Connor

10/28/2010 4:29 AM

My bosses friend just bought an 18 inch 2010 Fit prk 18 for his eight year old son, his son used to ride a regular sized MirraCo Blend, and as soon as his son rode it you could tell the difference in his riding. Deffo get an 18 inch, specs don't really matter at that level and size.

11/26/2010 6:14 AM

GT do some great race BMX bikes. This one is for juniors.
http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/product/34675/GT_Power_Series_Junior_Bike_2011

11/26/2010 8:20 AM

Look at redline, Freeagent, intense, and haro. They all make good bmx race bikes.

Just for the record, when I got my BTM... It wasn't "Trendy"

11/26/2010 8:43 AM

intense, haro, redline, dk, standard

vital's redneck

11/26/2010 9:07 AM

get a redline expert. perfect size for the little fella. make sure you get him a 20'' if he is going to be racing. if you lived in memphis than i have the perfect bike for you, its a redline expert with 20x1 1.8 wheels.

11/26/2010 6:34 PM

look at dk redline and intense for racing

fuck bitches, get money

Post a Reply to: New to BMX... Need bike for 7 year old

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm