4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Parts or Complete?

6/19/2014 9:22 PM

hey guys,

im currently riding 2011 forgotten victim (black with cherry red frame)

I was either going t get a brand new complete or get new parts

my budget for both would be around 750 and would be early next year because im happy riding my bike right now but im progressing my tricks rapidly and my bike Is only a beginner bike.

If I got a complete I would either get a 2015 or 2014

also I ride dirt and park so I am looking for something with a tt 20.75 or under

Thanks guys

6/19/2014 9:52 PM

For that budget range I would probably go with a complete because anything custom that's decent is at least $1100 or more. The new 2015 united Martinez pro has great specs but it has a 20.85" tt length which is over what you said. Besides that there's the 2015 kink solace Hamlin. Also great specs and a 20.5" tt length and it's $700 on dans. Then there's the 2014 fit Benny sig. Has a ton of aftermarket parts and a 20.75" tt length which is what you asked for but imo I don't like the look because of the 4pc bars. There's more company's out there I was just naming specific models off the top of my head. Good luck deciding!

Bikes & bitches. We love running into scooter fags
Instagram: @ian_sino and @wethepeople_bmx_life

6/19/2014 10:07 PM

does anyone know anything about the united cinema bike?

6/19/2014 10:19 PM

It isn't worth $500 imo. Low end cinema wheelset and the frame isn't full chromoly. Hell even the bars aren't full chromo which is a huge turn off to most riders. United seems to be high on their prices for some of the things you get, but when you spend a lot they come through with a great product. If you're looking for something in that price range take a look at the subrosa letum, full chromoly frame, fork, and bars with a female axle front hub and a few shadow components. It seems pretty solid and it's a 20.75" tt

6/20/2014 7:08 AM

Try making a cart on Dans/Albes/Empire/Local Mailorder for yourself for what you feel you MUST replace to see what you can get. That way you can see what you would be looking at for pricing upgrades. If you have a solid chromo frame, you could potentially get away with upgrades (depending on condition).

The hard part is that custom setups are what YOU want, usually stronger, BUT more expensive. That said, you might not need a FULL bike, and upgrades could work for you.

If everything on your current bike is trashed, maybe a high end complete would be a better choice for now.

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

6/20/2014 10:42 AM

dave lawrence wrote: Try making a cart on Dans/Albes/Empire/Local Mailorder for yourself for what you feel you MUST replace to see what you can get. That way you can see what you would be looking at for pricing upgrades. If you have a solid chromo frame, you could potentially get away with upgrades (depending on condition).

The hard part is that custom setups are what YOU want, usually stronger, BUT more expensive. That said, you might not need a FULL bike, and upgrades could work for you.

If everything on your current bike is trashed, maybe a high end complete would be a better choice for now.

^What he said^

6/20/2014 5:19 PM

I think I am going to get a complete im thinking of a united Martinez expert 2015, but I am open for sugestions as you's probably know whats good and whats not

6/20/2014 6:55 PM

DKGrides wrote: I think I am going to get a complete im thinking of a united Martinez expert 2015, but I am open for sugestions as you's probably know whats good and whats not

Go for it. United makes a great bike and the specs are good also. And if you want a freecoaster they have that model in it so it's up to you and what you like. It looks like a great bike tho. Before you get it tho check out the 2014 fit mac 3 it's $550 on dans and also a great buy if you want a cassette

6/20/2014 7:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/20/2014 7:34 PM

What would yous reccomend i have ridden and liked both
As in coaster and casette

6/20/2014 8:59 PM

DKGrides wrote: What would yous reccomend i have ridden and liked both
As in coaster and casette

I ride a cassette and like it fine. Never owned a coaster but would like to get one soon. I would say if you like doing a lot of tricks where you're in fakie (fakie bars, fakie grinds, fakie whips or grinds to 180's etc) then get a coaster but if you don't or don't plan on it go for the cassette. If I was in your position I would get the coaster though

6/20/2014 9:43 PM

Coaster it is then but in the long run I would like to get an Ezra so I can ride cassette if I want

6/20/2014 10:15 PM

DKGrides wrote: Coaster it is then but in the long run I would like to get an Ezra so I can ride cassette if I want

I considered getting one but for the price I can get a whole coaster wheel so I'll just have both

6/20/2014 10:33 PM

How much are they

6/21/2014 9:56 AM

Claims to ride dirt
Says he needs a 20.75"tt or less
Everyone reccomends bikes with 75.5* headtubes for dirt
logic

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
"Life's a pizza. Eat it."
-Gary Ginch
"omg u own a truck and drive boots let me fuck you"
-xxOhioanxx
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
#cantbancollin
#savefastplants
#hungandsexless
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

6/21/2014 11:46 AM

buy all used parts, i only paid 500 total for my custom funday, and its even nice and strong

6/21/2014 5:04 PM

sunny.noble wrote: buy all used parts, i only paid 500 total for my custom funday, and its even nice and strong

That is what i am thinkimg about doing

6/21/2014 7:03 PM

just keep riding what you have and replace stuff as it breaks. it gives you more time to save up too

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

6/21/2014 9:36 PM

Its impossible to build part by part on a 750 budget, even if you buy all the cheapest parts. But you can get a pretty decent Complete for 750. Go to DANSCOMP and make sure you use a promo code. Use 45H1 for 15% OFF! and sign up for there REWARDS.

6/21/2014 9:40 PM

But I'm in aus and it is 252 postage to aus but if I could organize with one of you's could you forward it onto me because I think it would be cheaper to pay you to post it to me than pay danscomp to post it to me

6/22/2014 7:51 AM

DKGrides wrote: Coaster it is then but in the long run I would like to get an Ezra so I can ride cassette if I want

Do that or just throw down on a Cassette wheel thats fully set up tire tube etc so it is a simple wheel swap if you want/need to. Less small parts to swap out.

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

6/22/2014 7:52 AM

michael.eckhart wrote: Its impossible to build part by part on a 750 budget, even if you buy all the cheapest parts. But you can get a pretty decent Complete for 750. Go to DANSCOMP and make sure you use a promo code. Use 45H1 for 15% OFF! and sign up for there REWARDS.

No it isn't. There were threads about a year ago showing full custom builds for 500-700.

You just can't be picky on color or brand.

Post a Reply to: Parts or Complete?

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm