4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Pegs throwing off my balance?

3/17/2013 6:15 PM

Pegs are great. Its harder to get into manuals, but now i can get them farther.but now i cant get gturns and 180s or hop as high. Should i start lifting more? Or what should i do

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

3/17/2013 6:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/17/2013 6:17 PM

I never had a problem when I decided to ride 4 pegs it made no difference I was still able to do everything fine. It's all in your mind.

Refs: JakeSalbert, Me?(x4), The Balt, the_bmxist,
Jared42069(x2), Dogbones,

3/17/2013 6:23 PM

.. no offense but pegs shouldn't make a difference. maybe iits in your head

Jade Bike Check
Refs : ninjacat33 ; SuperstarDk ; ecuadevil ; xbikeascammer ;blizzbikes ; tcbmx ; mattjmuldoon@hotmail ;bmx ; Uoykcuf ; BrokenBmx, the balt; Pavimo; bmx-junkie; Fit.Team.Rider' tito24; trentydoo; brendan.magner.9 ;Scramhype ; Jonathan.Vargas ; jared42069; tomdon ; lifeofridden2200; howlerfbm

3/17/2013 7:06 PM

Sunny sunny sunny...
What is wrong with you and pegs.
Unless your weak as shit it shouldnt make anything harder.

Instagram

Tomdon: "Looks have nothing to do with it. You have an aura about you that attracts the trannies"
Refs:tomdon x2,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

3/17/2013 7:19 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote: Sunny sunny sunny...
What is wrong with you and pegs.
Unless your weak as shit it shouldnt make anything harder.

I am not weak. I am just not that strong, i am like 5.2 and have minimal muscal. Cant wait to grow though and gain weight

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

3/17/2013 7:23 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote: Sunny sunny sunny...
What is wrong with you and pegs.
Unless your weak as shit it shouldnt make anything harder.

SickDude wrote: I am not weak. I am just not that strong, i am like 5.2 and have minimal muscal. Cant wait to grow though and gain weight

Just keep on using them. Eventually you won't even know they are there.

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

3/17/2013 7:30 PM

I remember trippin on pegs too, the first time I put them on. You'll get used to them eventually. The bit of extra weight will give you a good work out. Your body will come around.

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes

STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting


a particular attitude toward or way of regarding something; a point of view.

3/17/2013 8:13 PM

I didn't feel the weight of the pegs but just seeing them on my bike messed me up on certain stuff. Just keep riding with them and after time it will be like they're not even there

3/17/2013 10:05 PM

How are your pegs affecting your manual? You saying because of the extra weight? I never noticed a difference. Just don't like em on trails I've caught my ankle under back peg once or twice n ate shit

3/17/2013 10:16 PM

rick.huffman.391 wrote: How are your pegs affecting your manual? You saying because of the extra weight? I never noticed a difference. Just don't like em on trails I've caught my ankle under back peg once or twice n ate shit

word. no fun.

Woo! Ride!

3/17/2013 11:09 PM

rick.huffman.391 wrote: How are your pegs affecting your manual? You saying because of the extra weight? I never noticed a difference. Just don't like em on trails I've caught my ankle under back peg once or twice n ate shit

Rotational weight.

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

3/17/2013 11:14 PM

Are you kidding me?... just ride your bike

Filmer for Crux Division, TXL, DFW/OKC rider

3/17/2013 11:28 PM

rick.huffman.391 wrote: How are your pegs affecting your manual? You saying because of the extra weight? I never noticed a difference. Just don't like em on trails I've caught my ankle under back peg once or twice n ate shit

SickDude wrote: Rotational weight.

Pegs don't rotate.

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes

STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting


a particular attitude toward or way of regarding something; a point of view.

3/18/2013 2:29 AM

rick.huffman.391 wrote: How are your pegs affecting your manual? You saying because of the extra weight? I never noticed a difference. Just don't like em on trails I've caught my ankle under back peg once or twice n ate shit

SickDude wrote: Rotational weight.

BMXism wrote: Pegs don't rotate.

or at least, they arent mean to :L



Bike check

3/18/2013 3:56 AM

It's a mental thing. Pegs literally do nothing noticeable weight wise.

3/18/2013 4:39 AM

It doesn't affect your riding.

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

Bike Check.

3/18/2013 9:29 PM

If pegs make your balance go off doing 180's you should stop riding LOL

I mean, if you're Kyle Baldock, thats different. But seriously......no difference flat.

"When I get a new bike I'm taking a shitload of pre-workout suppliments and going fucking crazy the first day and flip - whip off a roof !"

Check out my STOLEN whip here

3/18/2013 9:36 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote: If pegs make your balance go off doing 180's you should stop riding LOL

I mean, if you're Kyle Baldock, thats different. But seriously......no difference flat.

even baldock rode pegs for a while..

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

3/18/2013 9:38 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote: If pegs make your balance go off doing 180's you should stop riding LOL

I mean, if you're Kyle Baldock, thats different. But seriously......no difference flat.

You are canadian your point is invalid

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

3/18/2013 9:45 PM

I've wanted to talk about my goofy-footed things for a while now. I naturally grind left but it's hard to swing my rear end on to the right. I naturally hop onto my right but don't grind right, it's just easier to hop on. Anybody catch my drift? I'm boutta run 4 pegs sometime soon.. And fuck female axles, they scare the shit outta me now. Especially how most female front hubs have cones that are press-fitted. They blow out so fuckin easy cause riding pegs, you gotta tighten that shit like hell. Worse case scenario would have to be riding a male front hub again like the old days.

Latest Bike Check/Update





Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

3/18/2013 10:43 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote: If pegs make your balance go off doing 180's you should stop riding LOL

I mean, if you're Kyle Baldock, thats different. But seriously......no difference flat.

SickDude wrote: You are canadian your point is invalid

Youre complaining about pegs being too heavy.. your point is invalid.. heres a tip for you.. if you dont want to be picked on dont talk shit about other people.. and dont say "oh i was just kidding"

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

3/18/2013 11:22 PM

ehh if anything toss another peg on the other side in the front, its mainly in your head but ive heard this helps "even" it out... like you see the evenness in the front, so its like more easy to manual and shit

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

3/18/2013 11:31 PM

Who cares. ride your bike

Latest edit (Check it out) | Anything With Two Wheels Goes!!
"Fuck it and Huck it" -Tomdon

 photo bike_zpsb600f46b.jpg

3/18/2013 11:45 PM

Rode my friends bike today theirs 2 pegs on the left they get in the way of my hops and it feels like they pull to down to one side

3/19/2013 4:50 AM

SickDude wrote: Pegs are great. Its harder to get into manuals, but now i can get them farther.but now i cant get gturns and 180s or hop as high. Should i start lifting more? Or what should i do

For me, having my brake setup on the right and pegs on the left, i feel like i can maintain balance, it's all in your head, i just think my lever weighs more than my two pegs so it equals itself out.

3/19/2013 5:41 AM

im weak as hell , 6' 1" and only 128-130 pounds no muscle . idk how i can hop higher than all my friends

3/19/2013 6:10 AM

Thats why I run 4 pegs. I didn't like 2 because it felt unbalance, and besides, I like the whole 4 peg idea. 4 pegs are awesome.

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

3/19/2013 6:12 AM

FreddyDapice wrote: Thats why I run 4 pegs. I didn't like 2 because it felt unbalance, and besides, I like the whole 4 peg idea. 4 pegs are awesome.

+1 i originally put 4 pegs on because when i sat down id like to put my right foot on a peg (but i ran left side pegs) so i threw on a 3rd peg and my OCD kicked in and had to have the 4th

3/19/2013 6:12 AM

justin vogelsberger wrote: im weak as hell , 6' 1" and only 128-130 pounds no muscle . idk how i can hop higher than all my friends

How high can you hop?

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

3/19/2013 6:14 AM

FreddyDapice wrote: Thats why I run 4 pegs. I didn't like 2 because it felt unbalance, and besides, I like the whole 4 peg idea. 4 pegs are awesome.

justin vogelsberger wrote: +1 i originally put 4 pegs on because when i sat down id like to put my right foot on a peg (but i ran left side pegs) so i threw on a 3rd peg and my OCD kicked in and had to have the 4th

Yeah, my CDO kicked in aswell. I like my bike to look clean as possible.

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

Post a Reply to: Pegs throwing off my balance?

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm