4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Pissed, freecoaster

2/17/2014 3:43 PM

First post! Well, here's my story:
I have been riding for about a year now, more or less. Rode cassette all that time and just a backstory, I learned 180s 5 months ago, and I was starting 360s, landed a couple. Also, the highest thing i've 180ed down was a really stretched out and steep 3 stair only a month ago. Around that time my friend picked up a federal v3 freecoaster, rode it and it was pretty fun. My wheels were the Shadow complete wheels (3 years old, somehow I ended up with them through trading) and I had some cash so I said, why not? new wheels are long overdue.. So I hit up albes, bought Primo freemix laced to gsport ribcage, and a Primo n4fl v2 laced to roll cage. They arrived a week ago (I ordered them from three weeks) and all that's happened is trouble. I lost 180s, I can only do them once per 6 times. Consistency is gone, 360s are far from grasping now, and I have no idea what to do. I've raged a couple times, because literally everyone that picked up my bike fell in love with it. If any of you guys can help on what I should do, I would be so grateful .

2/17/2014 3:46 PM

youve learned 180s and stuff with the assistance of pedal pressure. now that you have the freecoaster that isnt always engaged. its more about knowing how to do these with pure form and strength.

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

2/17/2014 3:48 PM

Practice, practice, practice!

Refs: mtorres14, BMXer10, Iridefly, veggie is hot, spikez 5, pythagoras, Blake El Gingero, pcoco, eclat. I have way too many refs to list.
wolfiecatfu@yahoo.com

2/17/2014 3:48 PM

element4all wrote: youve learned 180s and stuff with the assistance of pedal pressure. now that you have the freecoaster that isnt always engaged. its more about knowing how to do these with pure form and strength.

The thing is I don't use pedal pressure when 180ing. many people have said that's the reason but it's not.. Here, let me upload a video.

2/17/2014 3:48 PM

Might not be a bad idea to go back to cassette and work on more bike control.....people get a misconception that coasters make fakie tricks easier.....they don't they make more options for fakie tricks but do not make fakie tricks easier

2/17/2014 3:54 PM

It's really the same with me on any kind of setup. Most of my tricks are never super duper consistent unless I do them at least 20 times a day, land half of that, and almost every single day.

Latest Bike Check/Update





Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

2/17/2014 4:14 PM

Ride your bike and get used to it? Or sell your freecoaster if you feel like you really have to

virginia beach ~ instagram: @_harru_ ~ 4pegz

2/17/2014 4:28 PM

I had the same problem when i first got mine. It's really just a matter of riding it and getting used to it. It's frustrating at first but with time your consistency will come back. 360's are pretty scary just because you have to make sure you get the full rotation since there's no using pedal pressure if you come up short.

2/17/2014 5:15 PM

I have a freecoaster and when I ride it all my friends try it and most have trouble doing 180's on it for some reason. I've been biking for a few years so honestly, 180's are a trick I don't even have to think about anymore, I just do them and I can do them on any bike, so to do them on my bike with a coaster is easy. But I do remember it feeling a bit weird at first, you just gotta get used to the slack and how the hub feels, and if it's not feeling right just mess with the slack, I'm sure you already know this but I'm just throwing that in there. I think you have to pull up more on a freecoaster when doing a 180 or a 360. At least that's what it feels like to me. Try that, hopefully it'll help. If not, well at least I tried, right? Haha. Good luck

-Reps: JakeSalbert, Stephan.yupthatsme, bmxrider4lyfe, cb4130, mactive818, Broughton, Dream, Kymike(X2), Sam.cooper1291, louie101202, nshs2010, hatebreeder, justin vogelsberger, Xlilkillaluc15x, Four, Blakebmx92, Brian_Griffin, Element4all
-I have more reps from my old account.
(My old account is 'bmx')

2/17/2014 5:19 PM

KilledGlamour wrote: I have a freecoaster and when I ride it all my friends try it and most have trouble doing 180's on it for some reason. I've been biking for a few years so honestly, 180's are a trick I don't even have to think about anymore, I just do them and I can do them on any bike, so to do them on my bike with a coaster is easy. But I do remember it feeling a bit weird at first, you just gotta get used to the slack and how the hub feels, and if it's not feeling right just mess with the slack, I'm sure you already know this but I'm just throwing that in there. I think you have to pull up more on a freecoaster when doing a 180 or a 360. At least that's what it feels like to me. Try that, hopefully it'll help. If not, well at least I tried, right? Haha. Good luck

what has helped me so far is going faster than usual and pulling up higher. and I mean I love fakieing on it, I've gotten used to the slack, it's just that what annoys me is that I land at different angles every time I 180, overspin or underspin. And the worst part is the inconsistency became fear, I can't even 180ed down 2sets anymore.

2/17/2014 7:59 PM

Get a cassette because everybody ends up going back. I do a lot of fakie tricks as well and always liked having the pedal pressure, mind you I ride chainless pretty often as well and don't need the pedal pressure, but it's nice to have. Just keep practicing man you'll get the hang.

A 20 year old little kids bicycle rider.

Follow my adventures on Instagram @resslerbmx

2/17/2014 10:46 PM

In my honest opinion, I don't think anybody should start off with a freecoaster. A lot of kids nowadays think that freecoasters are just so you don't have to backpedal when going backwards on a bike, but that's not true at all. A freecoaster actually requires a lot of skill. First time I ever tried one, I did a real fast fakie and the slack completely threw me off the bike cause I forgot that there was no almost instant engagement.

Latest Bike Check/Update





Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

2/18/2014 1:18 AM

Ride, ride, and ride more.

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/18/2014 1:28 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote: In my honest opinion, I don't think anybody should start off with a freecoaster. A lot of kids nowadays think that freecoasters are just so you don't have to backpedal when going backwards on a bike, but that's not true at all. A freecoaster actually requires a lot of skill. First time I ever tried one, I did a real fast fakie and the slack completely threw me off the bike cause I forgot that there was no almost instant engagement.

This.

Buddy of mine couldn't 180 fakie & pull out fast enough & got a freecoaster… Within a week or so he got rid of it. He could fakie fine but getting out of it was too weird for him and he didn't like that at all

2/18/2014 4:01 AM

im the only one where i live with one, and nobody can ride my bike. they either get stuck in fakie or they cant handle the slack. coastin aint easy...



NEW Bike check

2/18/2014 5:38 AM

i dislike coasters because i do tricks that require quick fakies( 180 up a bank to manual down for example) and i like being able to slow myself down...Anyways you picked a bad coaster to get.. no adjustable slack =/ but anyways just ride and and it will get better..l. if in 3 months your not used to it then i would think about selling it but not until then.

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

2/18/2014 6:01 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote: In my honest opinion, I don't think anybody should start off with a freecoaster. A lot of kids nowadays think that freecoasters are just so you don't have to backpedal when going backwards on a bike, but that's not true at all. A freecoaster actually requires a lot of skill. First time I ever tried one, I did a real fast fakie and the slack completely threw me off the bike cause I forgot that there was no almost instant engagement.

But I never did start out on a freecoaster! I've had a cassette for pretty much the whole time other than last month I received the coaster. I have no problem fakieing on it it just seems very awkward. And I'm still looking for a reason why.

2/18/2014 7:03 AM

Your a bitch and over thinking it. Just ride the thing for a few solid sessions and get used to it

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

2/18/2014 7:10 AM

Got used to mine in 15 minutes.

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

2/18/2014 7:11 AM

I have done 180 chainless in the past and the pulling and that is the same. the fakie is obviously not.

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/18/2014 10:20 AM

honestly, if you jumped on the freecoaster band-wagon because every pro out there is on one now, you sort of deserve this. freecoasters aren't easy.

2/18/2014 11:01 AM

Hit me up if you want a profile haha

5095408262





Refs: lirider187, lifeofriden2200, howlerfbm, ride4jesus1111, Showtime402, Verdecustom, DontDELETEmePLEASEandTHANKyou, Kymike x2, hookjrclc, ScramHype x2. obiwan chromoly, Brokenbmx, susboi, Overtaker2.25, ecuadevil x3, MaximusBikes.

2/18/2014 1:12 PM

marianoleonczik wrote: honestly, if you jumped on the freecoaster band-wagon because every pro out there is on one now, you sort of deserve this. freecoasters aren't easy.

that

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/18/2014 5:19 PM

Does the freemix have the same flange diameter as the remix ? Thinking about ordering one tonight i just don't know what size of spokes ill need when I decide on my rims
Post a Reply to: Pissed, freecoaster

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm