4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Riding alone

5/8/2013 6:34 PM

What do you do when you ride alone? Stick to what you know you can do? Dial tricks in? Go big?

Just wondering. I never really go all out when I'm by myself for some reason, usually just stick to what I know I can land or what I know I won't really hurt myself on if I fuck up. Tried dialing whips in earlier, got one straight to pedals.

Also, music or no music? I prefer music, that way it pumps me up and I don't have to worry about people trying to talk to me with headphones in.

and when you get thirsty or hungry, what then? I try to stick to vending machines. I don't like leaving my bike out by myself with no other friends out there to watch it. If there is no vending machine nearby I go to a convenience store and keep an eye on it though.

Just curious as to what the rest of you guys do if there's no one out. Lately no one's been coming out here really.

5/8/2013 6:39 PM

I ride alone sometimes

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

5/8/2013 6:41 PM

I ride alone quite a bit because everyone here just rides park and I hate park. I always just stick to smaller stuff and what I know I can land, mostly flatground stuff. I don't like to go big especially by myself ha.

No music, I like to hear the noises my bike makes so I know when it needs to have maintenance done or something like that.

30+ refs check profile.

"I like chicks that look like Ronald Reagan"- Chris

5/8/2013 6:58 PM

Four wrote: I ride alone quite a bit because everyone here just rides park and I hate park. I always just stick to smaller stuff and what I know I can land, mostly flatground stuff. I don't like to go big especially by myself ha.

No music, I like to hear the noises my bike makes so I know when it needs to have maintenance done or something like that.

I dislike park too but I'd rather ride with people than alone, it gets boring but sometimes I do enjoy it cause it makes me wanna dial stuff in and learn little nibbler shit

5/8/2013 7:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/8/2013 7:03 PM

I've ridden alone ever since I started riding so If I'm feeling like going big I go big.... even if it's alone. I figure if I get knocked out unconscious I just hope nobody steals my bike and loots me while I'm unconscious O_o? There's always someone around willing to help though..... Although I've thought about having a broken bone or something which prohibits my movement.... I'd crawl home, not much I can do never really found someone that was cool with riding with me O_O

No music If I need music to pump me up to go big then I can't do the trick. Sometimes I find myself humming tunes that I like but that seems to distract me even more.

I scream alot.... when I land something that I consider hard or difficult I like to get a good WHOO!! Some people jump lol good stuff.

If I got to go inside a store my bike is coming with me If I get told I can't take it in I'll go somewhere else.

The main thing that I think would suck about riding alone is that I can't share the victory of landing a trick or doing something rad with anyone else. I land a trick and i'm pumped but it's just me.... still feels great though. I've thought about grabbing a cam and filming myself O_o

I guess It's really my persona, I dash through the streets back and forth the blocks and I see that all the locals just chill at one spot. I've met some interesting people, then some not so interesting people it is what it is though. I don't really stay at a spot too long

5/8/2013 7:02 PM

That's a clean tailwhip btw =P What camera are you using? I've never seen myself execute a trick once.... It's a different feeling to do a trick and feel how you do the trick it's another thing to actually see yourself do it....

5/8/2013 7:13 PM

I almost always ride alone, every now and then a friend will tag along on my old complete and just chill, but i usually just have to work riding in with whatever free time i have so i mostly end up going alone. I don't really do gaps so most of the time it's just chill ledge stuff, flat, and some manuals, stuff i wont really get hurt on. On the odd occasion i do want to hit a gap or something i'll usually bring somebody along.
As for music i wish i could listen to it while riding but i have to be able to hear my bike or it messes with me.

5/8/2013 7:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/8/2013 7:16 PM

I've spent the majority of my time riding alone in my hood. Riding with ppl makes me step my game up and I get more out of my sessions. when im alone i practice manuals and do tricks that im already comfortable with until i feel like trying something different. I like to go out late nights when the streets and lots are empty and practice things that im rusty on but theres nothing like having others who are on my level or better cause we feed off of each others energy

5/8/2013 7:16 PM

Aav1996 wrote: That's a clean tailwhip btw =P What camera are you using? I've never seen myself execute a trick once.... It's a different feeling to do a trick and feel how you do the trick it's another thing to actually see yourself do it....

haha thanks! and my iPhone 5, I don't have a legit camera setup. I'd love one but I'd never wanna carry it around and stuff

5/8/2013 7:17 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote: What do you do when you ride alone? Stick to what you know you can do? Dial tricks in? Go big?

Just wondering. I never really go all out when I'm by myself for some reason, usually just stick to what I know I can land or what I know I won't really hurt myself on if I fuck up. Tried dialing whips in earlier, got one straight to pedals.

Also, music or no music? I prefer music, that way it pumps me up and I don't have to worry about people trying to talk to me with headphones in.

and when you get thirsty or hungry, what then? I try to stick to vending machines. I don't like leaving my bike out by myself with no other friends out there to watch it. If there is no vending machine nearby I go to a convenience store and keep an eye on it though.

Just curious as to what the rest of you guys do if there's no one out. Lately no one's been coming out here really.

Clean whip bro! and i ride alone when i dont feel like riding to my friends house because they live a few towns over so i usually blast really fast paced music to motivate and "block out the world around me" helps me focus

Email: benignimatt@gmail.com
Xbox GT: CreeD Viibez

5/8/2013 7:19 PM

How come you guys like to ride with other people when going big?

5/8/2013 7:20 PM

I go big when I ride by myself, do a lot of first try new tricks when I am by myself

Action Wheels Bike Shop. I'll learn bars and whips when I feel like it.
Follow me on instagram: scotteffting

5/8/2013 7:22 PM

matt X stolen X bmx wrote: Clean whip bro! and i ride alone when i dont feel like riding to my friends house because they live a few towns over so i usually blast really fast paced music to motivate and "block out the world around me" helps me focus

Thanks! and I do the same. fast paced music when I ride to a spot, chill riding music at the spot.

5/8/2013 7:25 PM

I rarely ride alone but if I do I pretty much dial in the stuff I can already do. Normally I always have at least one person to ride with.

Ever in Palmyra/Hershey/Lebanon? Hit me up - 717-439-2789

Straight-Edge

5/8/2013 7:27 PM

Aav1996 wrote: How come you guys like to ride with other people when going big?

For me it's cause if I were to eat shit, it gives me peace of mind knowing I'd have someone there if need be. That and I feel better knowing someone's watching me. Not a cocky kind of deal like "Hey watch me!" just gives me peace of mind for some reason

5/8/2013 7:28 PM

Aav1996 wrote: How come you guys like to ride with other people when going big?

sundaybmxRR wrote: For me it's cause if I were to eat shit, it gives me peace of mind knowing I'd have someone there if need be. That and I feel better knowing someone's watching me. Not a cocky kind of deal like "Hey watch me!" just gives me peace of mind for some reason

^I totally agree with this statement. The presence of your friends increases your confidence.

Straight-Edge

5/8/2013 7:29 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote: For me it's cause if I were to eat shit, it gives me peace of mind knowing I'd have someone there if need be. That and I feel better knowing someone's watching me. Not a cocky kind of deal like "Hey watch me!" just gives me peace of mind for some reason

This. If you break an ankle or leg you at least have someone there to help ya out.

30+ refs check profile.

5/8/2013 7:35 PM

I go as hard as possible cause I can't embarrass myself.

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

5/8/2013 7:36 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote: I dislike park too but I'd rather ride with people than alone, it gets boring but sometimes I do enjoy it cause it makes me wanna dial stuff in and learn little nibbler shit

Yeah but you can probably ride park, I've NEVER rode park , maybe one time for 5 minutes so I suck at it. I usually just ride street with one or two friends.

30+ refs check profile.

Yea I guess you guys are right.... I kind of feel weirded out when riding with someone though... cautious about their every move...

I don't think I've ever broken anything or had a sprained ankle.....

Although I do think that I was close to breaking a few bones.... One time I was 180ing over this little ledge.... I didn't lift up enough and I was going at a decent speed I got thrown off and slammed hard on the ground, felt this sharp pain and I couldn't feel my arm for a few secs. Then this one time I was hopping up these steps and I didn't see someone there so I slammed and my front pedal just slammed towards my shin... started bleeding and had to limp home didn't get the feeling to my shin back till I got near my house....

When I started riding I used to ride with an old friend and I skated for a bit I'm not sure if I rolled my ankle or what but 90% of my body fell and my ankle kept going with the board couldn't walk properly for a few weeks and my bud being there definitely helped we just chilled that day so I can relate. ( I type alot guys, sorry >.>

Edited Date/Time: 5/8/2013 7:36 PM

I like to just work on my flat tricks, I do 90% of my learning alone, and I apply it to big shit im not ballsy enough to do alone when I'm riding with friends

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

5/8/2013 7:38 PM

I ride by myself a lot late at night, when I can't sleep I just go mash my city...

I try to not try anything out of my 'dialed' tricks when I'm alone. Street is also the only thing I like riding alone... you could be knocked out at a skatepark or a set of trails and no one could possibly find you for hours

twitter

PROBZ

5/8/2013 7:40 PM

BJ Tomczik wrote: I ride by myself a lot late at night, when I can't sleep I just go mash my city...

I try to not try anything out of my 'dialed' tricks when I'm alone. Street is also the only thing I like riding alone... you could be knocked out at a skatepark or a set of trails and no one could possibly find you for hours

THIS...... I've never ridden park or dirt but If I were ever to ride it I'd ride with someone....

I actually wouldn't mind riding with 1 person or MAYBE 2 any more than that and it's no good.....

5/8/2013 7:42 PM

BJ Tomczik wrote: I ride by myself a lot late at night, when I can't sleep I just go mash my city...

Aav1996 wrote: THIS...... I've never ridden park or dirt but If I were ever to ride it I'd ride with someone....

I actually wouldn't mind riding with 1 person or MAYBE 2 any more than that and it's no good.....

You only ride in small groups? I love riding with just 1 other person or 10 other people.

Straight-Edge

5/8/2013 7:43 PM

I'm 44 years old. No one my age rides and younger riders don't want to ride with an old dude. :D I don't ever ride with headphones, because 99% of the time I'm in the street and want to be aware of traffic... especially since I'm giving brakeless a try. So... yeah.

I used to ride a Mirraco 20Forty, but now I ride a Sunday-ed out Premium and I dig it!

5/8/2013 7:43 PM

I mostly ride alone unfortunatly, and when I ride with friends, it's usually my one buddy who longboards, and doesn't ride but its still fun lol

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

5/8/2013 7:45 PM

iamtim wrote: I'm 44 years old. No one my age rides and younger riders don't want to ride with an old dude. :D I don't ever ride with headphones, because 99% of the time I'm in the street and want to be aware of traffic... especially since I'm giving brakeless a try. So... yeah.

Age is only a number right? I ride anyone and everyone (as long as they're not a douche)

Straight-Edge

5/8/2013 7:48 PM

Aav1996 wrote: THIS...... I've never ridden park or dirt but If I were ever to ride it I'd ride with someone....

ImBrayden wrote: You only ride in small groups? I love riding with just 1 other person or 10 other people.

I ride alone 99.9% of the time but If I were to ride with someone it would be 1 or AT MOST 2 people but 2 would be pushing it. I've ridden with a group of 6 or 7 I believe it's nice when your going down the streets and everyone's looking like their going to get run over =P But once you get to a spot everyone just sits and talks O_o

5/8/2013 7:51 PM

iamtim wrote: I'm 44 years old. No one my age rides and younger riders don't want to ride with an old dude. :D I don't ever ride with headphones, because 99% of the time I'm in the street and want to be aware of traffic... especially since I'm giving brakeless a try. So... yeah.

ImBrayden wrote: Age is only a number right? I ride anyone and everyone (as long as they're not a douche)

Right on, age is just a number. That's why I ride.

I'm certainly not a douche, I'm just not very good. Heh.

I used to ride a Mirraco 20Forty, but now I ride a Sunday-ed out Premium and I dig it!

5/8/2013 7:51 PM

ImBrayden wrote: Age is only a number right? I ride anyone and everyone (as long as they're not a douche)

I've ridden with dudes up to like 30 yrs old I think (a scooter guy) but hey.... he was doing what he loved. I don't hate against scooters =P He tried skating, bmx, motorcross, long boarding, and mini dirt bikes but he liked scooters out of all of them =P Seemed like a pretty chill dude....

And yes Age is only a number.

I think some old dude was trying to touch up on my thigh on the bus today.... he kept getting closer and I could feel his fucking hands touching my thigh just a little inch more as time passed.... Fuck that I bailed.
Post a Reply to: Riding alone

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm