4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Spokes rubbing on hubguard. Awesome.

11/7/2011 10:16 PM

Its a bitch.(back wheel) Im probably gonna take it off and see if i can file down the part that rubs at a certain spot while the wheel is spinning.

Have you guys had a problem with this before? And how did you solve this problem? As a temporary fix i just spin the wheel really fast so it kinda wears down the spokes. Not good, i know.

11/7/2011 10:17 PM

what hub/guard?

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | STLRS Facbook | STLRS Youtube Channel | Chuck8273 is king, bow to him | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

11/7/2011 10:18 PM

Just even out the hub guard's shape and if that doesn't fix it, grind off a few millimeters of the edge. A hammer, vice, hacksaw, and adjustable wrench should be all you need.

11/7/2011 10:20 PM

Brokenbmx wrote: what hub/guard?

Fbm guard to primo mix hub. Its rubbing cause of the edge of the guard being smashed.

11/7/2011 10:23 PM

just grind it down, my shadow never touched my mix. my guard is raped too

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | STLRS Facbook | STLRS Youtube Channel | Chuck8273 is king, bow to him | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

11/7/2011 10:25 PM

Brokenbmx wrote: just grind it down, my shadow never touched my mix. my guard is raped too

Its mainly my fault for not rotating the guard too often.
I dont really have anything to grind it down with i dont think. Sand paper? Or would that take awhile?

11/7/2011 10:31 PM

Brokenbmx wrote: just grind it down, my shadow never touched my mix. my guard is raped too

Fbm Marauder wrote: Its mainly my fault for not rotating the guard too often.
I dont really have anything to grind it down with i dont think. Sand paper? Or would that take awhile?

sand paper will take time but itll work.

11/7/2011 10:33 PM

Fbm Marauder wrote: Its mainly my fault for not rotating the guard too often.

learn how to grind.

jk use a bastard file. srzly look it upp

11/8/2011 3:15 AM

your whell is most likely not centered,...if your hub guard is on the right the loosen your right spokes a quarter turn and tighten the left side a quarter turn all the way around,remember to start at the valve hole and finish at the valve hole.if the wheel is fully centered then just find a way to file the guard down lol.

FREE WI-FI FROM FIT?!?! BIKECHECK DUDES!
refs- TCbmx(x2), bmx4life121303, mohawk, iridebmx2122, louie101202, loco_for_riding, daniel21, BMX2LIV(x2), supremelylazzy, lirider187(x2).

11/8/2011 3:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/8/2011 2:19 PM

I put a space between the inside of the hub guard and my hub. It spaced it out enough to clear the spokes for me. (Shadow hubguard, and i have done this on 2 different hubs, worked both times)

edit- i meant "spacer," not "space"

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

11/8/2011 5:37 AM

\BMX-1995/ wrote: I put a space between the inside of the hub guard and my hub. It spaced it out enough to clear the spokes for me. (Shadow hubguard, and i have done this on 2 different hubs, worked both times)

edit- i meant "spacer," not "space"

Lol never thought of that.

11/8/2011 5:40 AM

Why don't you just take off all the spokes. Who needs em anyway?

Just for the record, when I got my BTM... It wasn't "Trendy"

Post a Reply to: Spokes rubbing on hubguard. Awesome.

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm