4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Squeaking cranks/pedals help

6/21/2014 2:44 PM

My pedals/cranks started squeaking and it really annoys me and i wanted to know how to fix it and if theirs any videos you can link me to help me cause im not that experienced with bikes and dont want to mess anything up :D | It usually happens when i put the most pressure on the pedal when its vertical and it dosent happen when im not standing.

Video of squeaking:

Pedal area when it happens

6/21/2014 2:56 PM

Take your cranks apart, grease up the spindle, insert it, and grease up the crank arms aswell. Put a little bit of grease on the spindle bolts, tighten them well and then tighten the crank arm bolts. Don't overdo it with the grease. Good luck!

6/21/2014 3:00 PM

I agree with madermike I had the same issue with stock cranks on another bike and I just greased them real well and it stopped. To really fix the issue get some 48 spline cranks they won't ever squeak

Bikes & bitches. We love running into scooter fags
Instagram: @ian_sino and @wethepeople_bmx_life

6/26/2014 9:07 AM

madermike wrote: Take your cranks apart, grease up the spindle, insert it, and grease up the crank arms aswell. Put a little bit of grease on the spindle bolts, tighten them well and then tighten the crank arm bolts. Don't overdo it with the grease. Good luck!

i think i did what you said and it helped but theirs still about half a second of squeaking which is 100% better but still annoys me

6/26/2014 11:22 AM

madermike wrote: Take your cranks apart, grease up the spindle, insert it, and grease up the crank arms aswell. Put a little bit of grease on the spindle bolts, tighten them well and then tighten the crank arm bolts. Don't overdo it with the grease. Good luck!

CULT_BMX wrote: i think i did what you said and it helped but theirs still about half a second of squeaking which is 100% better but still annoys me

Does your chain have any lube? If it's dry or old it's probably the reason, or your bottom bracket (bearings) need cleaning and regreasing(which is unlikely)
Post a Reply to: Squeaking cranks/pedals help

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm