4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Swapping drivesides

12/28/2012 2:44 PM

Im switching to lhd right now and wondered if i can just switch the spacers from the right to left side will my chain alignment be right.My chain alignment is less than 1 mm off as of now.

Refs: Bought from Four ,TommyBoy & Xxohioanxx Traded tomdon & sold to Big Curn

12/28/2012 3:04 PM

Should be fine. I just did mine for fun and it's perfect. I would still check it afterwards though.

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

12/28/2012 3:10 PM

yes, you can, the frame geometry is the same on both sides for this reason...

i might swap from LHD to RHD for shits and giggles this spring...there's no reason for it but i think it'll be different for awhile.

12/28/2012 4:19 PM

sbc785 wrote: yes, you can, the frame geometry is the same on both sides for this reason...

i might swap from LHD to RHD for shits and giggles this spring...there's no reason for it but i think it'll be different for awhile.

Haha, thats why I did it today, just to change things up a bit.

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

12/28/2012 5:10 PM

I finally got the cranks on even with the installation removal tool at a bike shop they had a really tough time getting them on and they said there were some metal shavings when they got them on.Last pair of 48 splines I had were used and I could put them on and take them off alto easier.But they developed wobble after a few weeks.I'm assuming a little bit of metal shavings on 48 splines is normal during first install?They also said these were the hardest to install 48 splints they have ever put on.

12/28/2012 5:11 PM

metal shavings are from mating the arms to the spindle, neither one is a perfect fit to each other so it's more than likely the shavings are from the arms.

12/28/2012 5:24 PM

Thanks I'm still kinda regretting buying 48 splints again but it was these or eastern and the eastern have a weld right where cranks snap most often so would rather buy cheaper better cranks since these were on sale.

12/28/2012 5:34 PM

lol Eastern cranks aren't that bad, i have some on my Stolen and they've held up to my abuse plus the abuse of every friend i've let use it.

12/28/2012 5:49 PM

It was 50$ more for the motley s and mine are heat treated tapered& butted

12/29/2012 6:57 PM

Had a kid tell me Walmart put my bike together wrong because my chain is on the wrong side. When I explained my bike isn't from Walmart and that I had done that myself, he and his buddies started laughing and saying "what a dumbass! He can't even work on a bike!" I really LOVE how the dipshits of my youth have come full circle and raised a whole new level of dipshits!

12/29/2012 10:23 PM

Chuck8273 wrote: Had a kid tell me Walmart put my bike together wrong because my chain is on the wrong side. When I explained my bike isn't from Walmart and that I had done that myself, he and his buddies started laughing and saying "what a dumbass! He can't even work on a bike!" I really LOVE how the dipshits of my youth have come full circle and raised a whole new level of dipshits!

i get that all the time from younger kids, or even grown adults. mountain bikers think its queer too. BTW OP its 48 Splines not splints.

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | STLRS Facbook | STLRS Youtube Channel | Chuck8273 is king, bow to him |

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb

12/29/2012 10:50 PM

Chuck8273 wrote: Had a kid tell me Walmart put my bike together wrong because my chain is on the wrong side. When I explained my bike isn't from Walmart and that I had done that myself, he and his buddies started laughing and saying "what a dumbass! He can't even work on a bike!" I really LOVE how the dipshits of my youth have come full circle and raised a whole new level of dipshits!

Kids and some teenagers always ask me what kinda bike I have. I tell them I BUILT it and they say nooo. -_____- I'm like, bitch, you don't know bout bikes, get outta here.. xP

Most up-to-date/latest bike check.

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

12/29/2012 11:01 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote: Kids and some teenagers always ask me what kinda bike I have. I tell them I BUILT it and they say nooo. -_____- I'm like, bitch, you don't know bout bikes, get outta here.. xP

Whenever a kid asks me what kind of bike I have, I just say "Verde" and they say "Verdes are shit, your bike sucks." ._.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

12/29/2012 11:03 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote: Kids and some teenagers always ask me what kinda bike I have. I tell them I BUILT it and they say nooo. -_____- I'm like, bitch, you don't know bout bikes, get outta here.. xP

kinda relevant.. was at an indoor park yesterday and my friend has those coalition bars with the holes in them, and some little kid came up to him and was like "what kinda bars are those?! they're crazy looking!" my friend goes "uhhhh I made them" the kid's like "really?!" my friend's like "yeah I made them myself" the kid was so pumped for some reason haha

12/30/2012 6:49 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote: kinda relevant.. was at an indoor park yesterday and my friend has those coalition bars with the holes in them, and some little kid came up to him and was like "what kinda bars are those?! they're crazy looking!" my friend goes "uhhhh I made them" the kid's like "really?!" my friend's like "yeah I made them myself" the kid was so pumped for some reason haha

i always get pumped when i see shit kids make them self's.

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | STLRS Facbook | STLRS Youtube Channel | Chuck8273 is king, bow to him |

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb

12/30/2012 10:21 AM

I always get questions on why my sprocket is on the left.
I always try to answer politely to these kids and explain everything, the only time i really got pissed was when this kid called me an idiot because "one of my pegs broke off" when i was riding 3 pegs

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

Bike Check.

Post a Reply to: Swapping drivesides

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm