4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

The 180s question to end all 180 questions.

11/21/2012 5:50 PM

All of the 180 question explanations are not that good. Can someone please tell me how to rotate and/or a way to practice this without a bike so i can practice it after it gets dark and chilly. I know you are supposed to huck the bars, turn your head and go for it, but its not happening. I am also committed and not pussing out.

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

11/21/2012 6:11 PM

Huck the bars? No. Hop, turn your head the way you rotate, and keep trying. You can turn into them a little too if it helps.

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Mutiny- Kink- Odyssey- Eclat
Facebook

11/21/2012 6:12 PM

If you land and your POV is not 180 from your starting point, you're not doing it right.

11/21/2012 6:34 PM

K THANKS @Dudeinthewitchhat and no shit @brainnoob

I ride for my papou.

11/21/2012 6:35 PM

SickDude wrote: K THANKS @Dudeinthewitchhat and no shit @brainnoob

quit being such a cock

11/21/2012 6:39 PM

Carve some, pull up towards the direction you're spinning, turn your head, tuck legs up, land, roll out. I started out doing the little two wheel hops and just kept trying to spin further and further. after a day of practice i got comfortable with the 180 motion and i was getting pretty close to landing them. Then i just started cleaning them up by tucking my legs up to get them higher and fully rotated. This probably sounds like alot of nonsense bullshit but breaking stuff down always helps me out. Now i can do them with little effort.

11/21/2012 6:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2012 6:51 PM

Holy shit. Im sorry guys that i was being a duechbag to ppl who were just trying to help me. Im goin tough time with breakups and bullying and i wasnt thinking when i typed it. Sorry

I ride for my papou.

11/21/2012 6:46 PM

no shit...? umm then why cant you do it?

you sir are arrogant, and arrogances is frowned upon

11/21/2012 6:50 PM

SEANimal757 wrote: no shit...? umm then why cant you do it?

you sir are arrogant, and arrogances is frowned upon

read the comment a bove

I ride for my papou.

11/21/2012 6:51 PM

SickDude wrote: Holy shit. Im sorry guys that i was being a duechbag to ppl who were just trying to help me. Im goin tough time with breakups and bullying and i wasnt thinking when i typed it. Sorry

Pussy.

Refs: Wade. Beastassdick. ScramHype Lee_Rager(x7) Spikez5 TCBmx Dolphin
With seller feedback and ref on Bmx-forum.com and PBNation.com. WhiteKinght

11/21/2012 8:53 PM

Pull back,kick your frame,spot the pedals while looking back.

Oh wait that's a flip whip.

"When I get a new bike I'm taking a shitload of pre-workout suppliments and going fucking crazy the first day and flip - whip off a roof !"

Check out my STOLEN whip here

11/22/2012 2:04 AM

Dont listen to the other guys. what you need to do is when you first learn to spin carve into the quater pipe and look over your shoulder (if you spin right look over your right shoulder etc..) and just keep trying. you will get it soon enough

Latest edit (Check it out) | Anything With Two Wheels Goes!!
"Fuck it and Huck it" -Tomdon

photo bike_zpsb600f46b.jpg

11/22/2012 3:12 AM

Wow you dumbass I was being serious with that tip. Its an obvious thing but so many noobs over look it. If your head is not 180 from your starting point it's because you're actually not committing. You might think you are but you're not. Turn your head and your shoulders more.

11/22/2012 3:46 AM

Sharpy wrote: Dont listen to the other guys. what you need to do is when you first learn to spin carve into the quater pipe and look over your shoulder (if you spin right look over your right shoulder etc..) and just keep trying. you will get it soon enough

He is asking for flat 180s...

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

Bike Check.

11/23/2012 12:43 PM

I'm working on 180s as well (actually, go ahead and laugh, foot-jam 180s) and I keep reading that you need to turn your head. I was doing that but one thing I discovered that is quite helpful is you need to keep your head up as well. Make sure you are keep your eyes forward, not on the ground. Once I started turning my head while keeping my eyes up and looking forward rather than down at my feet, I started to make much more progress.

11/23/2012 12:55 PM

I started by just turning 90 degrees until I got comfortable with it then I started putting more effort into the spin. I still dont land them clean every time but I continue to practice. Not much anyone can tell u except turn ur upper body and fully commit to the spin. Practice as much as u can.

11/23/2012 12:55 PM

sometimes it helps out if you try it out of a fly out or a ditch , it gives you more time to rotate and land

11/23/2012 2:10 PM

get you ass on some grass do some 90's and keep trying to get further round until you get 180.
then take it to the concrete and perfect the rotation and learn turn out

parkrat.

11/23/2012 3:19 PM

try disasters on a small quarter pipe to give u some extra momentum to start out with. get the motion down then bring it to flat. make sure u got bunnyhops down nice n solid first too

11/23/2012 3:24 PM

I gave up on 180s. I get them super clean but my foot comes off. Ive tried eveything, shit I even duct taped my foot to the pedal and made out with the concrete.

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

Post a Reply to: The 180s question to end all 180 questions.

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm