4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Thoughts on this idea?

3/25/2014 10:19 AM

Hammertone Raw Aluminum, basically raw a part out and how it would happen put a kind of texture into it, and maybe a slight tint. I think if done right it could look pretty good. To give a better idea, here are some pics to kind of show what I am thinking of. ALSO another thing would be trying to make it cost efficient if there would be any issues with that.

Are you sponsored?
Can you backflip?
What part is that?
How do you barspin?
Is my bike too heavy?
What's your best trick?
........ noobs.

3/25/2014 10:35 AM

Theres already a frame like that, i think its the verde Oxbridge

THOU SHALL NOT COMMIT SKOOTERY
Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype
text me323.245.2827

3/25/2014 10:36 AM

There also a paint thats supposed to give that effect not sure how well it works though

THOU SHALL NOT COMMIT SKOOTERY
Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype
text me323.245.2827

3/25/2014 10:38 AM

That is like a black and silver though. I was talking about a raw aluminum with that kind of texture.

Are you sponsored?
Can you backflip?
What part is that?
How do you barspin?
Is my bike too heavy?
What's your best trick?
........ noobs.

3/25/2014 10:52 AM

James_Letten17 wrote: That is like a black and silver though. I was talking about a raw aluminum with that kind of texture.

Why aluminum? For sprockets and stems?

Why not steel, frames etc.

but Rustoleum has a "Hammered" finish paint that "does that" in a can.

When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same, out there for the fun of it, the challenge of progression, and the personal accountability we have for the results we get. There are no teams to let down, no coaches to scream about a missed pedal, and no obstacles that cannot be overcome.

3/25/2014 10:58 AM

i saw a spray can that does that kind of effect. I also don't dig it.

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

3/25/2014 11:57 AM

didn't fiend do that?

"Riding four piece bars is like getting a BJ from an ugly girl, Close your eyes and it feels the same."

-Feeble_to_face

California Living

3/25/2014 12:24 PM

That looks similar to the verde oxbridge frame.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/25/2014 1:27 PM

fiend morrow frame and fiend embryo fork have that colour

3/26/2014 6:36 AM

James_Letten17 wrote: That is like a black and silver though. I was talking about a raw aluminum with that kind of texture.

dave lawrence wrote: Why aluminum? For sprockets and stems?

Why not steel, frames etc.

but Rustoleum has a "Hammered" finish paint that "does that" in a can.

i had a sunday funday that i put this on but it was gold. the paint is shit to work with if you dont have the right room temp. i used it in like -20 temperatures so the paint mostly bubbled, i sanded it down and re did it the next day in a heated shop and it turned out pretty good. overall a good, easy, and its only twice the price of regular spray paint haha!

3/26/2014 6:37 AM

that second photo was probably painted with rustoleum haha

3/26/2014 8:03 AM

Guy who used to post of mfbs did a hammered finish to a redneck stem looked good. He just used a hammer with a fine point and just whacked it a heap

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

Post a Reply to: Thoughts on this idea?

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm