4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Tire keeps popping but looks like a knife fight victim?!

4/14/2014 10:25 AM

My front tire keeps popping no matter what I've looked at the rim stripe it's fine I've looked over the inside of the tire it's fine I don't over pressurize it so I'm stumped any ideas? Here's a pic of the tube it's crazy

4/14/2014 12:00 PM

Pinch flat blowout. Basically the center of the hole is where it pinches, then blows out like that. What are you using to install the tire?

When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same, out there for the fun of it, the challenge of progression, and the personal accountability we have for the results we get. There are no teams to let down, no coaches to scream about a missed pedal, and no obstacles that cannot be overcome.

4/14/2014 12:39 PM

Nice hole lol. Maybe spokes are that loose that they push the rim strip and fucks thatup..

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/14/2014 1:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2014 1:28 PM

Just noticed this also, is this what's causing the flats? Or are they actually pinch flats? Yes that's the metal sticking out of the tire..

4/14/2014 3:08 PM

Bad tire. Yes that is the cause I would bet.

New tire time!

When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same, out there for the fun of it, the challenge of progression, and the personal accountability we have for the results we get. There are no teams to let down, no coaches to scream about a missed pedal, and no obstacles that cannot be overcome.

4/14/2014 3:08 PM

Oh and quit using screwdrivers to change your tires.

4/14/2014 3:15 PM

I actually use the rubber end of my wrench and my fingers lol

4/14/2014 8:28 PM

use plastic tire wrenches best things ever! also make sure your tire is seated properly

4/15/2014 6:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2014 6:34 AM

Dennon21 wrote: I actually use the rubber end of my wrench and my fingers lol

Quit using the wrench. Get tire levers. 5 dollar investment, no more trashed tires. Make sure you learn the correct way to use them as well. In the shop I worked at, we MAYBE went through a set of 3 in a summer. That's doing dozens of tires a day.

My personal set is 3 years old, barely any wear on them.

4/15/2014 3:44 PM

Yes thats probably the problem.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

Post a Reply to: Tire keeps popping but looks like a knife fight victim?!

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm