4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Tire keeps popping but looks like a knife fight victim?!

4/14/2014 10:25 AM

My front tire keeps popping no matter what I've looked at the rim stripe it's fine I've looked over the inside of the tire it's fine I don't over pressurize it so I'm stumped any ideas? Here's a pic of the tube it's crazy

4/14/2014 12:00 PM

Pinch flat blowout. Basically the center of the hole is where it pinches, then blows out like that. What are you using to install the tire?

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

4/14/2014 12:39 PM

Nice hole lol. Maybe spokes are that loose that they push the rim strip and fucks thatup..

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/14/2014 1:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2014 1:28 PM

Just noticed this also, is this what's causing the flats? Or are they actually pinch flats? Yes that's the metal sticking out of the tire..

4/14/2014 3:08 PM

Bad tire. Yes that is the cause I would bet.

New tire time!

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

4/14/2014 3:08 PM

Oh and quit using screwdrivers to change your tires.

4/14/2014 3:15 PM

I actually use the rubber end of my wrench and my fingers lol

4/14/2014 8:28 PM

use plastic tire wrenches best things ever! also make sure your tire is seated properly

4/15/2014 6:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2014 6:34 AM

Dennon21 wrote: I actually use the rubber end of my wrench and my fingers lol

Quit using the wrench. Get tire levers. 5 dollar investment, no more trashed tires. Make sure you learn the correct way to use them as well. In the shop I worked at, we MAYBE went through a set of 3 in a summer. That's doing dozens of tires a day.

My personal set is 3 years old, barely any wear on them.

4/15/2014 3:44 PM

Yes thats probably the problem.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

Post a Reply to: Tire keeps popping but looks like a knife fight victim?!

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm