4li2k73z   Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Wax for cement ledges.

5/30/2007 7:36 PM

Some places here have good ledges but they are all rough therefore I cannot grind them. So does anybody know where to get wax or what to do without defacing property with paint.

5/30/2007 8:03 PM

i go to the local skate shop and buy the cheap bars of wax for like 3$ works out half way decent

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Bicycles will break bones and parts but never hearts.

5/30/2007 8:18 PM

TumblerBmx wrote: i go to the local skate shop and buy the cheap bars of wax for like 3$ works out half way decent

steal your mothers candles...and if you dont have a mother...steal your friends mothers candles...

5/30/2007 8:35 PM

TumblerBmx wrote: i go to the local skate shop and buy the cheap bars of wax for like 3$ works out half way decent

Ridehardiehard wrote: steal your mothers candles...and if you dont have a mother...steal your friends mothers candles...

or you can go to a store look for the clearence candles buy them at a cheap price and use that as wax for the ledges its basically the same shit a skate store or bike store would sell you and it might be cheaper also then them and you might get more wax then a shop

5/30/2007 9:41 PM

Ridehardiehard wrote: steal your mothers candles...and if you dont have a mother...steal your friends mothers candles...

joe rides bicycles wrote: or you can go to a store look for the clearence candles buy them at a cheap price and use that as wax for the ledges its basically the same shit a skate store or bike store would sell you and it might be cheaper also then them and you might get more wax then a shop

You can get scented ones too, so that when you faceplant the ledge it doesn't smell so dingy.

Or not...

Gary
MirraCo Fivestar Park
Trails/Street/Park
Ride Customizer For Hire

5/31/2007 7:34 PM

joe rides bicycles wrote: or you can go to a store look for the clearence candles buy them at a cheap price and use that as wax for the ledges its basically the same shit a skate store or bike store would sell you and it might be cheaper also then them and you might get more wax then a shop

humbleSage wrote: You can get scented ones too, so that when you faceplant the ledge it doesn't smell so dingy.

Or not...

just grind the things at fast speed lol if you fall, then i guess its time to try again

6/9/2007 3:04 PM

humbleSage wrote: You can get scented ones too, so that when you faceplant the ledge it doesn't smell so dingy.

Or not...

ConspiracyBMX518 wrote: just grind the things at fast speed lol if you fall, then i guess its time to try again

just buy a candle at wal-mart or something it works about the same and thats what i do .

6/9/2007 9:03 PM

Or not...

ConspiracyBMX518 wrote: just grind the things at fast speed lol if you fall, then i guess its time to try again

zero hero wrote: just buy a candle at wal-mart or something it works about the same and thats what i do .

or get pegs that have a better grade aluminum so it grinds faster. the harder the material the faster to slide

6/10/2007 5:56 AM

zero hero wrote: just buy a candle at wal-mart or something it works about the same and thats what i do .

joe rides bicycles wrote: or get pegs that have a better grade aluminum so it grinds faster. the harder the material the faster to slide

dude just show a skater the ledge and it will soon have more wax than you need and you can save your money

6/13/2007 3:02 PM

joe rides bicycles wrote: or get pegs that have a better grade aluminum so it grinds faster. the harder the material the faster to slide

bmxdog wrote: dude just show a skater the ledge and it will soon have more wax than you need and you can save your money

when i skated(or tryed to back in the day) i bought from craft stores, a huge slab of wax, and when i needed some i would cut a bar off of it

6/13/2007 3:49 PM

go to the grocery store and get a box of parafin wax.

6/13/2007 7:34 PM

ya dude
i remmeber reading this topic when i found a box of wax in art today
We were cleaning up since its almost summer and i found a cabinet with a box of wax and i took it
but wheni i got home i opned it and it dint feel like wax..its like sum typa hard wax that like..doesnt feel like candle wax. maybe its sum wierd wax for art cuz there was liek a star carved in it

6/13/2007 9:26 PM

skinnyoddboy wrote: ya dude
We were cleaning up since its almost summer and i found a cabinet with a box of wax and i took it
but wheni i got home i opned it and it dint feel like wax..its like sum typa hard wax that like..doesnt feel like candle wax. maybe its sum wierd wax for art cuz there was liek a star carved in it

wow

6/17/2007 8:55 PM

dan7777777 wrote: wow

if its slippery and stays on wat u put it on, the who the fuck cares???

6/17/2007 11:39 PM

dan7777777 wrote: wow

McCann_video_Production wrote: if its slippery and stays on wat u put it on, the who the fuck cares???

dude you stole someones art project! take it back! rofl!
this is a great thread. personally like the tell a skater about the ledge and have them go at it.
Post a Reply to: Wax for cement ledges.

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm