4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Well, Fit F.A.F. Good or Bad?! The final decision.

4/27/2013 6:27 PM

I have looked over almost ALL Fit F.A.F. tire reviews. I am just so confused about it because there are so many mixed results, some say they dont last at all, some say they last long. What is the real verdict? How long do they really last? I am only gonna even think about getting them if they actually do last. I ride a LOT like everyday no matter what. I have a Glh and a path because they have lasted okay. the Glh is okay for tread only having it for about 2 months and the path has lasted for about 4. I seem to burn thru front tires a lot quicker. SO! Do they last, or dont they? if not, which do last longest?

4/27/2013 6:36 PM

They don't last. I ride once a week if I'm lucky and I wore mine down supe fast. I only ride a smooth park too

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

4/27/2013 7:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/27/2013 7:16 PM

Ive had one on the front for about 8 months and its still goin strong. Ive heard bad things about having one on the back tho. Especially if you ride brakeless it squeaks like no other when you jam your foot in the frame. I also kinda like that my front squeaks when doing fakies, g turns, ect. Id say get it if your running it on the front.

References - jared42069

4/27/2013 8:39 PM

2.25 has more aggressive tread that lasts longer. all of the other sizes wear out faster

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

4/27/2013 8:45 PM

Well why would you make a thread if you got mixed reviews?!

Puberty hit Hermoine like a bus...

#Lacehubsnotweed

Check out my whip here

4/27/2013 8:47 PM

My 2.3 wore down in two months, but my 2.25 is still going strong on my friends bike, almost looks new, over a year later. The folding FAFs tend to last slightly shorter.

You probably know more than me.
M8.

4/27/2013 8:52 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote: Well why would you make a thread if you got mixed reviews?!

Mainly to try and filter some of it out. Still mixed results. I love the tread pattern, just had no idea if they last at all. This helped a bit.

4/27/2013 8:54 PM

Okay, thats good. The only one that lasts is the 2.25. But not for the rear, just the front. Lol

4/27/2013 8:58 PM

Buy them and find out. Don't use your feet to slow down if you ride brakeless and any tire should last quite a bit. FAF's have silkwall lining or something and kevlar so they're good tires. Pick them out and try.

Puberty hit Hermoine like a bus...

#Lacehubsnotweed

Check out my whip here

4/27/2013 10:54 PM

Just don't get folding ones and they'll last you for a while.

4/27/2013 11:50 PM

Animals last the longest for me

4/28/2013 9:29 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote: Buy them and find out. Don't use your feet to slow down if you ride brakeless and any tire should last quite a bit. FAF's have silkwall lining or something and kevlar so they're good tires. Pick them out and try.

Yeah.... haha i really like the look of them and they felt good on the one kid's bike at the skatepark. just dont wanna blow twenty-some dollars... lol

4/28/2013 9:37 AM

DialedGuerraBmx wrote: Animals last the longest for me

Yea, i like the GLH a lot it seems to hold up a bit better than most others. I like sliders a lot so it's held up amazing so far. Probably my favorite thing about it is the fast rolling it does lol it is just kinda heavy... not to be all weight weenie or nothing, it just is going from 2 folding tires.

4/28/2013 1:49 PM

Get Odyssey Aitken P-Lytes.
Hands down bets tires you can get.

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

Bike Check.

4/28/2013 3:32 PM

I've had mine on for a few months now, it wore down fairly quick but threads aren't showing yet. Heavy street use.

Ever in Palmyra/Hershey/Lebanon? Hit me up - 717-439-2789

Straight-Edge

4/28/2013 3:36 PM

I ride a 2.25 in the front and ride everyday. They usually last me in the area of 6 months probably.

4/29/2013 10:55 AM

theyre okay.liked the GLHs 30x more.

Follow me on Instagram, i follow back : N3gativecr33p

Post a Reply to: Well, Fit F.A.F. Good or Bad?! The final decision.

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm