4li2k73z   Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Would it be ok to....

5/31/2010 10:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/31/2010 10:31 AM

Take a spacer out from inbetween my bottom bracket tube and my sprocket and put it inbetween my sprocket and my crank arm because my chain alignment is fucked up and I think doing this will fix it.

☻/
/▌
/ \
___ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡π̲̲͡|̡̡̡____

This is Bob and his beautiful beach house, copy and paste him on your signature so he can obtain Vital domination!

5/31/2010 10:28 AM

dude, thats like 3 inches.

im alex, and i like to ride my bike.
MOTW 5/24/2010 - 5/30/2010.
BOTM february 2011.

5/31/2010 10:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/31/2010 10:32 AM

vanillseatbmx wrote: dude, thats like 3 inches.

What?

Edit: Oh I know what you are saying, I forgot to put that the spacer I'm putting between the sprocket and crank arm is the spacer between the bottom bracket tube and the sprocket.

☻/
/▌
/ \

This is Bob and his beautiful beach house, copy and paste him on your signature so he can obtain Vital domination!

5/31/2010 10:32 AM

Zachy D wrote: What?

Edit: Oh I know what you are saying, I forgot to put that the spacer I'm putting between the sprocket and crank arm is the spacer between the bottom bracket tube and the sprocket.

the spacer in between your bottom bracket bearings to keep the bearings spaced correctly is like a 3 inch spacer.

BOTM february 2011.

5/31/2010 10:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/31/2010 10:33 AM

ooh you mean the cone washer spacer?

BOTM february 2011.

5/31/2010 10:40 AM

vanillseatbmx wrote: ooh you mean the cone washer spacer?

Na like on my bike I have the cone washer space and then next to it are small spacers to keep my cranks from hitting my chainstay and I want to take one or two of them and put them in between my sprocket and crank arm so the chain alignment isn't fucked like it is now.

☻/
/▌
/ \

5/31/2010 10:45 AM

Zachy D wrote: Na like on my bike I have the cone washer space and then next to it are small spacers to keep my cranks from hitting my chainstay and I want to take one or two of them and put them in between my sprocket and crank arm so the chain alignment isn't fucked like it is now.

this will be okay to do, but just make sure that you have atleast 5mm of space in between your chainstay and your crank arm!

BOTM february 2011.

5/31/2010 10:47 AM

Zachy D wrote: Na like on my bike I have the cone washer space and then next to it are small spacers to keep my cranks from hitting my chainstay and I want to take one or two of them and put them in between my sprocket and crank arm so the chain alignment isn't fucked like it is now.

vanillseatbmx wrote: this will be okay to do, but just make sure that you have atleast 5mm of space in between your chainstay and your crank arm!

Ok thanks bro.

☻/
/▌
/ \

5/31/2010 11:08 AM

vanillseatbmx wrote: this will be okay to do, but just make sure that you have atleast 5mm of space in between your chainstay and your crank arm!

but not 4?

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

5/31/2010 11:20 AM

Zachy D wrote: Ok thanks bro.

no problem man!

BOTM february 2011.

5/31/2010 12:04 PM

FUCKIN WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BANG DIKHEDD

My account is open to use, password is donthackme123.

Jarrod dont fucking change this.

5/31/2010 1:25 PM

what is happening to this site jesus

m.o.e.

5/31/2010 1:33 PM

27 posts and not a single correct answer. This site is getting shitty.

You can't put a spacer between your sprocket and your crank! The only spacer that should be there is the shim if you have a 22mm sprocket going onto a 19mm spindle, and usually that is on the inside anyways. If you put another spacer there, the only way it would work is if you ALSO put a spacer on the sprocket bolt. Otherwise, you're going to go to tighten your sprocket bolt, and it's going to bend your sprocket into the crank, because the crank is going to be too far from the sprocket. The only way to do what you're saying without spacing BOTH the sprocket and the sprocket bolt is to buy a Tree sprocket, I'd think.

Christ guys, don't talk when you don't know what you're talking about.

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

5/31/2010 1:35 PM

tibug wrote: 27 posts and not a single correct answer. This site is getting shitty.

You can't put a spacer between your sprocket and your crank! The only spacer that should be there is the shim if you have a 22mm sprocket going onto a 19mm spindle, and usually that is on the inside anyways. If you put another spacer there, the only way it would work is if you ALSO put a spacer on the sprocket bolt. Otherwise, you're going to go to tighten your sprocket bolt, and it's going to bend your sprocket into the crank, because the crank is going to be too far from the sprocket. The only way to do what you're saying without spacing BOTH the sprocket and the sprocket bolt is to buy a Tree sprocket, I'd think.

thank you<3

m.o.e.

5/31/2010 1:36 PM

stink hole

5/31/2010 4:05 PM

Zachy D wrote: Take a spacer out from inbetween my bottom bracket tube and my sprocket and put it inbetween my sprocket and my crank arm because my chain alignment is fucked up and I think doing this will fix it.

AndySubrosa8 wrote: stink hole

5/31/2010 4:24 PM

tibug wrote: 27 posts and not a single correct answer. This site is getting shitty.

Oh shit I didn't think about that. Haha I just found out that my chain alignment is fucked up is because my spindle bolt is gone and the sprocket moved I guess.

☻/
/▌
/ \

5/31/2010 5:07 PM

Zachy D wrote: Oh shit I didn't think about that. Haha I just found out that my chain alignment is fucked up is because my spindle bolt is gone and the sprocket moved I guess.

Ah yes, that could do it...do you have the right spacer in the sprocket? If you have a 19mm BB spindle, and a sprocket meant for 22mm spindles, you need the spacer in the spindle hole.

5/31/2010 5:27 PM

Zachy D wrote: Oh shit I didn't think about that. Haha I just found out that my chain alignment is fucked up is because my spindle bolt is gone and the sprocket moved I guess.

tibug wrote: Ah yes, that could do it...do you have the right spacer in the sprocket? If you have a 19mm BB spindle, and a sprocket meant for 22mm spindles, you need the spacer in the spindle hole.

Yeah I have the right spacer so it's most likley the spindle bolt. How the hell would that come out while I'm riding though?

☻/
/▌
/ \

5/31/2010 5:30 PM

Zachy D wrote: Yeah I have the right spacer so it's most likley the spindle bolt. How the hell would that come out while I'm riding though?

Eye Dee Kay dude....maybe it snapped, though I haven't heard of that happening before really...check and make sure it's not sheared off inside the crank.

5/31/2010 5:33 PM

tibug wrote: Ah yes, that could do it...do you have the right spacer in the sprocket? If you have a 19mm BB spindle, and a sprocket meant for 22mm spindles, you need the spacer in the spindle hole.

Zachy D wrote: Yeah I have the right spacer so it's most likley the spindle bolt. How the hell would that come out while I'm riding though?

tibug wrote: Eye Dee Kay dude....maybe it snapped, though I haven't heard of that happening before really...check and make sure it's not sheared off inside the crank.

I already checked the inside of the crank and everything is fine.

☻/
/▌
/ \

5/31/2010 5:35 PM

yeah could work i gess.

don't put your finger anywhere you wouldn't put your dick
cell# 518 682. 718.0.(only for parts)
refs
i ride fly, devyn, hattrckhcky, spikez5, blackout2010, 3514eclat, mikelee, brecher, TCbmx

5/31/2010 5:41 PM

millsaps wrote: yeah could work i gess.

Lol...............................................................

Post a Reply to: Would it be ok to....

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm