4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

barspins agghhhhh!!!!!

4/1/2012 6:03 AM

i cant throw my bars the whole way around and i keep only doing half bars ive been trying for at least 1-2 months and still cant even try to throw them the whole way pls help

4/1/2012 6:06 AM

Not that hard bro, just hop and throw. Follow the bar around with your right or left had (whichever way you throw) and yeah. Keep your legs straight as you throw. And be kind of centered in the middle of your bike. Not too far back, not too far forward.

4/1/2012 6:09 AM

My barspins are far from perfect but getting a high hop helped me a lot. And once ur at the peak of ur hop lock ur legs back but have ur head over the bars. Also the closer u hold ur hands to the crossbar the faster theyll spin. The only thing left to do is get ready for some bruised shins and knees and Chuck ur bars like a bitch. Shin guards might help.

"You might want to get some knee pads and a family pack of chapstick, I'm afraid its going to be a long night for you".-Austin_Read

4/1/2012 6:09 AM

ill try that then :L soo scary

4/1/2012 6:13 AM

Ya but once u start like catching them with one hand it'll be a lot less scary.

"You might want to get some knee pads and a family pack of chapstick, I'm afraid its going to be a long night for you".-Austin_Read

4/1/2012 6:26 AM

i still cant i cant get a high hop at all as well its just so hard

4/1/2012 8:31 AM

I found that there easier to do at first if you learn them while doing those weird hops where you pick both wheels off the ground at the same time.

4/1/2012 9:11 AM

bermybmxer wrote: I found that there easier to do at first if you learn them while doing those weird hops where you pick both wheels off the ground at the same time.

Bang ^

4/1/2012 9:14 AM

ill try that :L

4/1/2012 12:27 PM

still cant do em i just cant throw them scared incase i fall of the back i think

4/1/2012 12:29 PM

Try them in grass or something soft.

4/1/2012 12:31 PM

I haven't tried them in a long time, I landed a few 180 ones before too but I would always do them catching late, like right when I landed instead of in the air and jammed my finger pretty good a few times, and riding with a jammed finger sucks complete ass so I said screw barspins, lol.

4/1/2012 12:32 PM

Just keep your knees tucked back but have your upper body lean way forward to compensate for the imbalance.

4/1/2012 1:27 PM

bmxofd00m wrote: i cant throw my bars the whole way around and i keep only doing half bars ive been trying for at least 1-2 months and still cant even try to throw them the whole way pls help

Look my dude, i throw barspins all day era day its my fave trick, trux 180 bars hop bars, double peg to bars all that good stuff i love them, the key to a bar spin is" a nice 1-2 crank speed, then you hop a few times find your comfort zone, then you hop maybe a good 6-10 inches off the ground or higher, level the bike out pinch your knees toward your seat. ( you dont have to pinch your seat just your knees in, lean over your bike and throw fast and focus on catching. after alot of practice comes dialed barspins

4/1/2012 5:27 PM

you should be able to throw with your feet on the ground without even looking before you try to hop it.

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

Post a Reply to: barspins agghhhhh!!!!!

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm