4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

broken integrated seat clamp nut n bolt?ace hardware is closed? you wouldve never checked this part first

8/18/2014 8:42 PM

Soo I got a new bike dude had a crappy screw n bolt it was stripped to hell I'll post pics maybe take my word for it. Anyway took the.nut n bolt from a donor brake lever. I tried my extra clamp bolts but they were too big...the lever has two nuts n bolts u can try.it was a perfect fit check.it out

HEAVY bikes METAL music

8/18/2014 8:52 PM

you didn't know you could do that? If the bolt ever strips but the nut is ok you can replace the bolt with one for mounting brakes too

I'm on the vital legit list!

Don't Sweat The Streets

8/18/2014 8:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/18/2014 9:01 PM

tomdon wrote: you didn't know you could do that? If the bolt ever strips but the nut is ok you can replace the bolt with one for mounting brakes too

Yea I had trouble finding finding a skinny one to fit my bike.I had 5 options before I had to resort to the huffy brake lever.yea the ones to mount the brake are too fat for my verde .the guy that it before had a cappy nut crappy screw type phillips head it wasnt the original one.im stoked now.

HEAVY bikes METAL music

8/18/2014 9:01 PM

I always save bolts like these, especially like these ones with the extra nut at the end. You'll never know when you might over tighten one day or strip a bolt or something.

Most up-to-date/latest bike check.

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/18/2014 9:04 PM

tomdon wrote: you didn't know you could do that? If the bolt ever strips but the nut is ok you can replace the bolt with one for mounting brakes too

RxKing wrote: Yea I had trouble finding finding a skinny one to fit my bike.I had 5 options before I had to resort to the huffy brake lever.yea the ones to mount the brake are too fat for my verde .the guy that it before had a cappy nut crappy screw type phillips head it wasnt the original one.im stoked now.

and it's not like it's ghetto rigged cause the replacement came from a bike part

Don't Sweat The Streets

8/18/2014 9:05 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote: I always save bolts like these, especially like these ones with the extra nut at the end. You'll never know when you might over tighten one day or strip a bolt or something.

It's black is clean looking.I had to share.this guy had a loose seat screw head was rounded and bolt was the wrong thread with no locking liner jus raw metal the worst thing ever.now I'm legit haha

HEAVY bikes METAL music

8/18/2014 9:07 PM

RxKing wrote: Yea I had trouble finding finding a skinny one to fit my bike.I had 5 options before I had to resort to the huffy brake lever.yea the ones to mount the brake are too fat for my verde .the guy that it before had a cappy nut crappy screw type phillips head it wasnt the original one.im stoked now.

tomdon wrote: and it's not like it's ghetto rigged cause the replacement came from a bike part

Exactly looks like it belongs.I like how its black not silver like wat u get at home depot

HEAVY bikes METAL music

8/18/2014 9:12 PM

threads like this remind me why people are on my shitlist

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90
"no one cares you goon i'm practically a girl"-Sickdude/Krooked
shitlist: timedrifter, rxking, crazyclark, _reyesbmx_, thuglifebmxriderz
http://deviantbmxer.blogspot.com/ http://deviantbmxer.blogspot.com/p/forum.html

8/18/2014 9:25 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote: threads like this remind me why people are on my shitlist

Yes but No one cares about your little shit list. Maybe some dumbass like me can find this useful.at least now it might get entertaining

HEAVY bikes METAL music

8/18/2014 9:25 PM

lel

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90

8/18/2014 9:26 PM

Don't Sweat The Streets

8/18/2014 11:25 PM

tomdon wrote:

I'd hit it.

╭∩╮(︶︵︶)╭∩╮

It's sad when everyone takes the side of the pathological liar.
i bet he doesn't even tighten the bolts because he just tears it down after building it.

8/21/2014 3:14 AM

Sorry to get back on topic, but if you find a store that has stainless steel fasteners, those are harder to strip and don't rust. They are also stronger than normal steel fasteners.

8/21/2014 11:19 AM

When you need one bolt, buy like 4 of them because they are like 30 cents each.

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

8/21/2014 11:30 AM

tecnic1 wrote: Sorry to get back on topic, but if you find a store that has stainless steel fasteners, those are harder to strip and don't rust. They are also stronger than normal steel fasteners.

if you dont have a big selection at a store, get a shitton for cheap from mcmastercarr, its where ive gotten everything from bearings to stem bolts for a heck of a lot cheaper than what you can find on danscomp

Post a Reply to: broken integrated seat clamp nut n bolt?ace hardware is closed? you wouldve never checked this part first

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm