4li2k73z   Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

changing out sprocket with a one piece crank

12/26/2008 12:14 PM

okay i got past the bearrings but i cnat figgure out how to get the ring of bolts off behind the sprocket the bolts arent crescents there kinda weird and im getting pretty pissed so if you have experience with this comment please.

thanks for reading

12/26/2008 4:31 PM

I used a vice grip, but that was all i had around...you need to take the crank out all the way to get it all off... so once you have removed the crank from the frame, if you have a big vice grip use that to remove it, i believe it has normal threading on the sprocket side (been a long time since i have had a one piece) but opposite on the non sprocket side...

if your profile pic is your setup, you have a 3piece crank, so you just need to take of the arm on the sprocket side, and then pull the sprocket bolt out, and the sprocket comes right off.

When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same, out there for the fun of it, the challenge of progression, and the personal accountability we have for the results we get. There are no teams to let down, no coaches to scream about a missed pedal, and no obstacles that cannot be overcome.

12/22/2009 8:04 PM

dude this post is sooo old. get 3 pc. cranks

I'm Tim.

12/22/2009 8:06 PM

Tim Dalton wrote: dude this post is sooo old. get 3 pc. cranks

fuck you.

.Trinity Bikes Freestyle team.
.Ride for fun, its what matters.
4 years in this shit SWAGGGGG$$$$$$##

"I'd punch a little kid dead in the face if he came at me with a knife, I don't care how old you are, don't fuck with me. "

then why did you reply to it

Have you ever noticed the word bed looks like a bed

funtington wrote: fuck you.

this

12/22/2009 8:07 PM

hey I want to know this too. hahaha.

you can call me Paulo...
Flickr
*Vital's official Filipino!*

12/22/2009 8:08 PM

kidding baby dont leave<3

.Trinity Bikes Freestyle team.
.Ride for fun, its what matters.
4 years in this shit SWAGGGGG$$$$$$##

"I'd punch a little kid dead in the face if he came at me with a knife, I don't care how old you are, don't fuck with me. "

12/22/2009 8:52 PM

It is old. And YOU brought it back up. Not everyone can afford 3 piece cranks, so I offered up a decent solution.

When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same, out there for the fun of it, the challenge of progression, and the personal accountability we have for the results we get. There are no teams to let down, no coaches to scream about a missed pedal, and no obstacles that cannot be overcome.

11/8/2010 1:42 PM

i've got the same problem, i got the crank off but there is a weird bolt on behind it that i cant get off

11/8/2010 1:52 PM

ian73 wrote: i've got the same problem, i got the crank off but there is a weird bolt on behind it that i cant get off

congrats, first vital post and you managed to bring back an old thread

put the cranks in a vice with a towel and then use a screwdriver and a hammer to get that wierd ass second bolt of

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

11/8/2010 1:58 PM

ian73 wrote: i've got the same problem, i got the crank off but there is a weird bolt on behind it that i cant get off

Warchol2 wrote: congrats, first vital post and you managed to bring back an old thread

put the cranks in a vice with a towel and then use a screwdriver and a hammer to get that wierd ass second bolt of

lol new members dont visit the "read first - new members and useful links" thread.

11/8/2010 2:32 PM

at least he used the search bar...
Post a Reply to: changing out sprocket with a one piece crank

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm