4li2k73z   Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

choosing bars

10/18/2011 8:25 PM

need help picking bars... im not good with the whole specs thing like up sweep and back sweep and rise and all that fun stuff
i just want bars that are good on my wrists and all around riding like street/drops/gaps, park, and a bit of dirt... idk if it helps but im like 5'10"
i had fit flow streets
and im looking into two sets right now titty bars by liquor bikes and a pair of morphine bars... idk if those would be good for me... any recommendations if theyre not?

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

10/18/2011 8:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2011 8:37 PM

10/18/2011 8:40 PM

do you know how much bigger those are than the fit flow streets i had... i liked em around that size... i hate big bars

sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"

10/18/2011 8:45 PM

and i have no idea what the rise was on the fit flow streets i had

10/18/2011 8:46 PM

You have to find what specs you want before you can choose bars with any real thought behind it.
I started on slam bars, and whenever I ride anything with different specs it just feels uncomfortable
Now I have kink wolf bars, which are identical except .5 inches taller
But thinking about just going back to my og slams since they feel a little too big right now

10/18/2011 8:49 PM

genesis wrote: You have to find what specs you want before you can choose bars with any real thought behind it.
I started on slam bars, and whenever I ride anything with different specs it just feels uncomfortable
Now I have kink wolf bars, which are identical except .5 inches taller
But thinking about just going back to my og slams since they feel a little too big right now

thats why im asking on here... someone stole my bike last week and the bars were like 5 years old so i cant just gosee what the rise was and i have no clue what it was... i liked those but i can get used to new ones so i wanted ones that were good on the wrists and not too big

10/18/2011 8:55 PM

Get 8 or 7.75 inch rise, 8 felt big at first but alot better than my 7.2 fly bars, look for 25-27 width.

30+ refs check profile.
"I like chicks that look like Ronald Reagan"- Chris

10/18/2011 8:57 PM

the 8.85 T1s are great on the wrists

Swoop it motherfuckas

10/18/2011 8:59 PM

Austin_Read wrote: the 8.85 T1s are great on the wrists

i really dont like big bars...

10/18/2011 9:00 PM

Austin_Read wrote: the 8.85 T1s are great on the wrists

9 rise Bone Deth 4 piece feel wonderful

Refs: Wade. Beastassdick. ScramHype Lee_Rager(x7) Spikez5 TCBmx Dolphin
With seller feedback and ref on Bmx-forum.com and PBNation.com. WhiteKinght

10/18/2011 9:01 PM

might aswell get perfect 10s

10/18/2011 9:09 PM

RiverSideRider wrote: might aswell get perfect 10s

hellll no, those things are a joke. I rode a friends bike who had em and they are so rediculasly big i was scared to just drop in the bowl. I cant ride those things for shit.

Swoop it motherfuckas

10/18/2011 9:10 PM

hahaha

10/18/2011 9:12 PM

I was being sarcastic. People kept posting bigger bars when he clearly wants nothing to do with them. I am not a fan of perfect 10s.

10/18/2011 9:12 PM

RiverSideRider wrote: might aswell get perfect 10s

Austin_Read wrote: hellll no, those things are a joke. I rode a friends bike who had em and they are so rediculasly big i was scared to just drop in the bowl. I cant ride those things for shit.

it was obviously a joke

10/18/2011 9:16 PM

Refs : ninjacat33

10/18/2011 9:25 PM

yea i think the biggest ill go is 8"... thats pretty much the biggest ive ever gone for like a week and thats because they came on my bike

10/18/2011 9:27 PM

Fit flow street bars appear to be fit high bars also known as northwest bars
8x28 1.5 upsweep And 4(?) backsweep
You could always get the same bars again, S&M grand slams would be pretty similar just taller
Kink makes their bars in similar specs as does mutiny
I hear good things About liquor bikes, but think morphine is mainly race
Stuff

10/18/2011 9:27 PM

joke or not, im just stateing my oppinions on them.

Swoop it motherfuckas

10/18/2011 9:29 PM

Or just get slam bars and never need a new set of bars again

10/18/2011 9:31 PM

Animal Hyrone?

Shadow Vultus?

Animal Bobs?

Considering your bars were about 5 years old, they were almost definitely under 8". These three bars are about 7.5" to 8" tall with at least 3 degrees upsweep (for your wrists). You should be able to find something you like. If not, S&M makes some pretty small bars still. Check them out.

10/18/2011 9:32 PM

Yeah 8s good check out Kink Badgers and Animal bars, the Scerbos are legit.

30+ refs check profile.
"I like chicks that look like Ronald Reagan"- Chris

10/18/2011 9:50 PM

Kenealy wrote: Animal Hyrone?

Shadow Vultus?

Animal Bobs?

Considering your bars were about 5 years old, they were almost definitely under 8". These three bars are about 7.5" to 8" tall with at least 3 degrees upsweep (for your wrists). You should be able to find something you like. If not, S&M makes some pretty small bars still. Check them out.

yea lol i was looking for the specs for my old bars and i found an old forum talking about how there were only a few brands of bars that were 8 and only a couple of bars that were 8.5 lol

Post a Reply to: choosing bars

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm