4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

closed dropouts

2/1/2011 4:40 PM

i was looking at closed dropout forks and i was thinking that you dont need to have a female axle to have a closed dropout fork, like you could just take out your axle and axle nut and all those then put your wheel in place then have the male axle go through the closed dropout through the hub and then just screw on your axle nut on the outside of the dropout

refs: scwright99, ImDaBoss, pcoco, iridebmxeveryday, cschmall, thor_davis, dennis916, ETBA, nebikr13, Christianjames, ridebmx456, A08, CRAZYMAAZY, Odyssey339, Blake el Gingero, SRHrider, Jimmy2227,mannequinforce, Lee_Rager, Wade, Kevinl, agfracing, lil_huper, Bmxer10, BEASTASSDICK , Matix, njbmxerdude(x3), FitBikeCo77(x2), irideafly (escrow service)

BIKE CHECK

2/1/2011 4:42 PM

why waste the time.

MOTW 10/18/10 - 10/24/10
MOTM- April 2011
youtube channel: *SUBSCRIBE PLEASE* http://www.youtube.com/user/MrEod1214?feature=mhum ;
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @eoin_666

2/1/2011 4:42 PM

Why would you want to do that? What happens when you are out riding and get a flat tire?

2/1/2011 4:44 PM

thats true, but if you really really wanted to ride closed dropouts you could do that but i myself wouldnt do that

refs: scwright99, ImDaBoss, pcoco, iridebmxeveryday, cschmall, thor_davis, dennis916, ETBA, nebikr13, Christianjames, ridebmx456, A08, CRAZYMAAZY, Odyssey339, Blake el Gingero, SRHrider, Jimmy2227,mannequinforce, Lee_Rager, Wade, Kevinl, agfracing, lil_huper, Bmxer10, BEASTASSDICK , Matix, njbmxerdude(x3), FitBikeCo77(x2), irideafly (escrow service)

BIKE CHECK

2/1/2011 4:44 PM

LorenzoGallegos wrote: Why would you want to do that? What happens when you are out riding and get a flat tire?

you could have fly cobra tubes . . .

but nobody would think of that until AFTER they popped it.

2/1/2011 4:46 PM

ehh, usually axles have lips on them for the bearings, it might be hard to get the axle through the hubshell.

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

2/1/2011 4:50 PM

if ur gonna build it... build it right

2/1/2011 5:12 PM

LorenzoGallegos wrote: Why would you want to do that? What happens when you are out riding and get a flat tire?

you get that one tube that you dont need to take off your rim

Just ride and stop being a DICK to the new kids

2/1/2011 5:14 PM

Get it off?

Oh hai.
My bicycle.
Member of the week 08/16/10 - 08/22/10

2/1/2011 5:16 PM

gtbikes wrote: you get that one tube that you dont need to take off your rim

that is a FLY COBRA TUBE, i said that earlier

2/1/2011 5:19 PM

that would be a pain in the ass. I would rather just save up for a female hub

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

2/1/2011 5:28 PM

nah it was desgned for female axles

Bmx for life Man!

2/1/2011 5:54 PM

cupovjoe wrote: ehh, usually axles have lips on them for the bearings, it might be hard to get the axle through the hubshell.

this

2/1/2011 6:56 PM

i like the idea of closed dropouts but there is no place for an anti spin pin for a peg.

A bike is not a bike if it doesn't have air in the tires.
Bike Check
BSD Front Street Hub Review
Primo Mix Review
Why You WEAR a mouthguard!
Refs.
\BMX-1995/

2/1/2011 7:06 PM

Cjmdawg wrote: i like the idea of closed dropouts but there is no place for an anti spin pin for a peg.

^^ he has a good point

Bike Check!!!!!!!

Im a peruvian motherfucker

2/1/2011 7:07 PM

I'm gonna go with no.

2/1/2011 7:10 PM

I'd rather just not get a closed dropout.

-Let me tell you something about you that you don't know...
-I don't like Fit.
-BLRBMX thought I was 23. Silly kid.
-Facebook

2/1/2011 7:37 PM

mattlrdude wrote: nah it was desgned for female axles

No fucking shit.

kobe bryant ready

2/1/2011 7:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2011 7:46 PM

dirtbmx33 wrote: I'd rather just not get a closed dropout.

i think its the way bmx is goin, sorta like pivitol seats, but i think this will take longer

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

2/1/2011 7:46 PM

Cjmdawg wrote: i like the idea of closed dropouts but there is no place for an anti spin pin for a peg.

Some have a little slip to put the anti-spin Pin in

2/1/2011 7:50 PM

irideafly wrote: Some have a little slip to put the anti-spin Pin in

also you can go oldschool and buy a peg with a little cross shaped washer with a tab on one end that goes to the topside of the dropout.

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

2/1/2011 8:07 PM

dirtbmx33 wrote: I'd rather just not get a closed dropout.

Warchol2 wrote: i think its the way bmx is goin, sorta like pivitol seats, but i think this will take longer

Eh, I'm not really a fan. I just don't like the idea of taking the bolts all the way out, you have a higher chance of cross threading it. At the same time, on frames you don't have to worry about chain tension.

-Let me tell you something about you that you don't know...
-I don't like Fit.
-BLRBMX thought I was 23. Silly kid.
-Facebook

2/1/2011 8:41 PM

cky199 wrote: you could have fly cobra tubes . . .

but nobody would think of that until AFTER they popped it.

if its popped they can cut it out and get that tube. but this is a legit thread. good thought dude[:

BIKE CHECK RIGHT HERE [:

twitter @burkminipup

refs: AndySubrosa8, spikez5, njbmxerdude, hcmike, TCbmx [x2], HenHouseSuprise, ScramHype [x2], Josh_Steinhauser, bstick, jb07, FreddyDapice

2/1/2011 8:47 PM

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

2/2/2011 5:05 AM

spikez5 wrote: No fucking shit.

shut the fuck up

Bmx for life Man!

2/2/2011 5:25 AM

mattlrdude wrote: shut the fuck up

Mr. Obvious just got meann

2/2/2011 5:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/2/2011 5:43 AM

mattlrdude wrote: shut the fuck up

Booshy wrote: Mr. Obvious just got meann

really??? i thought forks went on your back wheel with the 14mm axle, wow have i been putting my bike together wrong
just kidding haha

2/2/2011 5:43 AM

female? unscrew the screws.

2/2/2011 5:44 AM

JarrodBmxWA wrote: female? unscrew the screws.

he was talkin bout male hubss

2/2/2011 5:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/2/2011 5:48 AM

JarrodBmxWA wrote: female? unscrew the screws.

Booshy wrote: he was talkin bout male hubss

oh true bro. yeh that would suck balls. female are the best
Post a Reply to: closed dropouts

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm