4li2k73z   Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

colony freecoaster

7/30/2012 11:29 PM

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

7/30/2012 11:35 PM

7/30/2012 11:42 PM

modified khe?

I ride a: Cult
why do I ride?:peer pressure

7/30/2012 11:49 PM

Thanks for posting this, it's on pretty much every bike forum site.

Filmer for Crux Division, TXL, DFW/OKC rider

7/30/2012 11:59 PM

Garett_Kanters wrote: modified khe?

Yes

7/31/2012 6:09 AM

why don't more people work on their own design like EZRA?

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | STLRS Facbook | STLRS Youtube Channel | Chuck8273 is king, bow to him |
Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb

7/31/2012 6:11 AM

Brokenbmx wrote: why don't more people work on their own design like EZRA?

That's what i'm saying...

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco, element4all,

Animal - Guerra - Odyssey

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844
E-Mail - freddydapice@yahoo.com
Tumblr - http://freddydapice.tumblr.com 
PSN - TheBrownWolf

7/31/2012 6:24 AM

FreddyDapice wrote: That's what i'm saying...

it makes the company look better and furthers BMX technology

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | STLRS Facbook | STLRS Youtube Channel | Chuck8273 is king, bow to him |
Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb

7/31/2012 7:41 AM

Because it takes some engineering skills and a fair amount of money to develop a new technology for hubs. Most companies just take a basic design, and tweak it. That is why most cassettes are so similar, basic hub shell shape is about the only difference, aside from a few companies out there (Tree, ezras coaster, Primo N4FL etc).

There are too many smaller companies that cannot spend the cash to develop game-changing technologies.

When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same, out there for the fun of it, the challenge of progression, and the personal accountability we have for the results we get. There are no teams to let down, no coaches to scream about a missed pedal, and no obstacles that cannot be overcome.

7/31/2012 3:01 PM

dave lawrence wrote: Because it takes some engineering skills and a fair amount of money to develop a new technology for hubs. Most companies just take a basic design, and tweak it. That is why most cassettes are so similar, basic hub shell shape is about the only difference, aside from a few companies out there (Tree, ezras coaster, Primo N4FL etc).

There are too many smaller companies that cannot spend the cash to develop game-changing technologies.

kis bike co seems pretty small, but they have that half flangeless cassette hub.

but then again, that's not really game changing...

Freecoasters with stock female axles seem to be gaining a little popularity. the stranger coastersaurus has one too

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

7/31/2012 4:40 PM

I always thought this too, but I also saw it as the chance for one company to better, or perfect, another company's design. Theoretically, let's say this freecoaster is solid, and easy to maintain, then KHE will have to step it up, and so will every other company.

7/31/2012 6:56 PM

I don't think it's that bad i mean if it works well then use, right? I don't know if it's just me but i'd rather ride a colony or a stranger part then a KHE......

Instagram= suckmydeeeck
Tumblr= http://benkingyo.tumblr.com/

7/31/2012 7:11 PM

NebLikesBMX wrote: I don't think it's that bad i mean if it works well then use, right? I don't know if it's just me but i'd rather ride a colony or a stranger part then a KHE......

The Stranger freecoaster uses KHE internals

7/31/2012 7:27 PM

why do that when you can put your name on a KHE and sell it for just as much?

7/31/2012 9:07 PM

cky199 wrote: why do that when you can put your name on a KHE and sell it for just as much?

Because the new way could b better instaed of the old way and it provides more options of what to get.

text me for faster response 7742720929.

Refs- bmxscout48, easternbikes28, DontDELETEmePLEASEandTHANKyou, Mybike1986, Funky chicken

7/31/2012 10:26 PM

NebLikesBMX wrote: I don't think it's that bad i mean if it works well then use, right? I don't know if it's just me but i'd rather ride a colony or a stranger part then a KHE......

LorenzoGallegos wrote: The Stranger freecoaster uses KHE internals

That's not what i meant:L what i meant was i would rather have a Stranger logo on my bike then a KHE, if you know what i mean?

Instagram= suckmydeeeck

7/31/2012 11:22 PM

NebLikesBMX wrote: That's not what i meant:L what i meant was i would rather have a Stranger logo on my bike then a KHE, if you know what i mean?

That's what it's all about now in the BMX industry. The marketing.
E.g. The way Cult has put itself out into the market was super successful, other companies like Sputnic and Cardinal weren't too good at it.
You've gotta please the kids.

8/1/2012 9:21 AM

NebLikesBMX wrote: That's not what i meant:L what i meant was i would rather have a Stranger logo on my bike then a KHE, if you know what i mean?

brianoob wrote: That's what it's all about now in the BMX industry. The marketing.
E.g. The way Cult has put itself out into the market was super successful, other companies like Sputnic and Cardinal weren't too good at it.

basically that, cult took the average part put their name on it and kids replaced full dialed customs with all cult parts the next day

BMX and Road Bikes. Bike Shop Employee
Follow me on twitter @scotteffting
Follow me on instagram: scotteffting

8/1/2012 10:25 AM

brianoob wrote: That's what it's all about now in the BMX industry. The marketing.

In a way yes but if it does work well then use it? like i said i would rather ride part's from a company like stranger or colony then khe.

Instagram= suckmydeeeck

Post a Reply to: colony freecoaster

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm