4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

how bmx has affected your life?

7/29/2014 12:48 PM

to me i have much more of a life, more energy and more friends.. and especially alot less money ha.. bmx has gave me more knowledge on alot of things and it what i do on my free time! its kinda chilled me out and that its the little things that count it also gets the babes

Bicycle motor-cross Motor bicycle-cross Bicycle cross-motor Motor cross-bicycle!
brands: whatever i can afford GP sk8 park .. Maybe a park rat?

7/29/2014 1:09 PM

Justin_rm250 wrote: to me i have much more of a life, more energy and more friends.. and especially alot less money ha.. bmx has gave me more knowledge on alot of things and it what i do on my free time! its kinda chilled me out and that its the little things that count it also gets the babes

Babes? Nah, it doesn't.

Or at least didn't back in the day for me.

It's my outlet, my stress reliever, and my enjoyment. It means freedom, focuses my energy, exhausts me and relaxes me all at once.

Also it is my way to cling to youth.

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

7/29/2014 1:21 PM

Justin_rm250 wrote: to me i have much more of a life, more energy and more friends.. and especially alot less money ha.. bmx has gave me more knowledge on alot of things and it what i do on my free time! its kinda chilled me out and that its the little things that count it also gets the babes

dave lawrence wrote: Babes? Nah, it doesn't.

Or at least didn't back in the day for me.

It's my outlet, my stress reliever, and my enjoyment. It means freedom, focuses my energy, exhausts me and relaxes me all at once.

Also it is my way to cling to youth.

lol i was kidding about babes bro when you bmx you dont have the money for a girl lolol jk

Bicycle motor-cross Motor bicycle-cross Bicycle cross-motor Motor cross-bicycle!
brands: whatever i can afford GP sk8 park .. Maybe a park rat?

7/29/2014 3:47 PM

Less Stress!
Less Money!
More Injuries!
More Fun!

Eat, Sleep, Ride BMX

Bike Check
Check it! ^

7/29/2014 4:51 PM

More stress. and less stress.
More exercise and fun.
New friends
Heaps of moles.
Less money

The first breath is the beginning of death

7/29/2014 5:02 PM

scarred shins.
permanent grease stained palms.
ungodly ability to calculate approximate shipping costs (applies to guys who frequent the FS section)
even less respect for rent-a-cops (one pulled a tazer on me)
stronger calves/thighs
fucked up helmet hair 24/7
death grip (anyone?)
garage full of spray paint cans
socket set with only 3 heads (3/8, 17mm 19mm etc)
knowledge of all cheap places to eat (rite aid) within a 10 mile radius
i might think of some later

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90
"no one cares you goon i'm practically a girl"-Sickdude/Krooked
shitlist: timedrifter, rxking, crazyclark, _reyesbmx_, thuglifebmxriderz
http://deviantbmxer.blogspot.com/ http://deviantbmxer.blogspot.com/p/forum.html

7/29/2014 5:26 PM

Definite stress reliever
x100 on scarred shins
Made giving up dirtbiking easier
I actually have friends who dont want to just party 24/7
Im broke and happy
Making my enlistment for the Marines harder because of all the hospital visits
Brings me and my brother closer by sharing a sport

7/29/2014 6:02 PM

Stories, experiences, and friends. BMX probably saved me from myself by putting myself in danger. haha

I was in a pretty dark place a while back. A real depressed person and a real mad person. I had a lot going on in my head. I wanted to die before i started riding. It got me through a lot. A lot of other stuff helped to that. I got less depressed by finally channeling my energy in a positive way. It makes me feel really cool when a whole lot of kids talk about me like I am a professional when in reality, I'm not that great. haha

BMX taught me everything i know about life really. You fall, you get back up. You get mad, keep trying. You put effort in, you get results. It even taught me social lessons i needed to learn. Like respecting adults when they don't deserve it or helping people out because eventually people reciprocate. I'd say that if i hadn't done BMX i'd probably be dead.

7/29/2014 6:27 PM

I fap less.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

7/29/2014 6:36 PM

Shit dude. I don't wanna turn this into a soap opera or anything but I was never the MVP at anything. I never was really good at anything. My talents consisted of having a positive Kill/Death ratio in Call of Duty, Halo, Battlefield, as well as just being good at video games in general. Other than that, sports weren't my thing. I may have looked like I could have been average player, I'm kinda skinny and short but fast and I am pretty coordinated but when I was on the court or field, I couldn't perform tasks consistently. I was always the kid that when he did one good thing, everyone in the audience clapped and people were talking about it all through the week at practice because it was so surprising that I did something positive. I always didn't get along with team mates and coaches very well because they all acted like little league baseball games and pee wee football was the most serious shit ever and I was just like "Meh, lets just relax and have fun." So that didn't go very well and I was kicked off of my football team's practice field multiple times. Coach just told me to get off of his field and go home. Football was the last team sport that I played, after 3 years I said "Fuck that." and I stopped after my 3rd season.

The thing with BMX is, if I don't like something, I don't have to do it! It's cool to ride everything and do every trick possible but I like being my own person and doing what I want to do! But I have seen and been through a lot of shit in my last almost two years of riding. I have developed tons of friendships, had experiences that I will remember for a lifetime, and a lot of other stuff. I am happier, more organized, better behaved, stronger, smarter, and just a better person in general!

Bike Check
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

7/29/2014 7:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/29/2014 7:15 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote: I fap less.

This and ALOT less money

And met alot of really cool people

THOU SHALL NOT COMMIT SKOOTERY
Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90, dirtstars22
text me323.245.2827

7/29/2014 7:59 PM

I'm having sex less because my money for prostitutes is going to the bike.

╭∩╮(︶︵︶)╭∩╮

It's sad when everyone takes the side of the pathological liar.
i bet he doesn't even tighten the bolts because he just tears it down after building it.

7/29/2014 8:04 PM

one try kid wrote: I'm having sex less because my money for prostitutes is going to the bike.

OTK does not have sex, sex has OTK.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

7/30/2014 1:45 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote: OTK does not have sex, sex has OTK.

Is OTK some kind of STD?

sounds nasty.

╭∩╮(︶︵︶)╭∩╮

i bet he doesn't even tighten the bolts because he just tears it down after building it.

7/31/2014 12:31 AM

one try kid wrote: Is OTK some kind of STD?

sounds nasty.

It is, especially when it reaches azn girls named Heather.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

7/31/2014 12:36 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote: It is, especially when it reaches azn girls named Heather.

you know you want your girls nasty....

╭∩╮(︶︵︶)╭∩╮

7/31/2014 12:37 AM

one try kid wrote: you know you want your girls nasty....

She is definitely nasty, and I definitely do not want her. You can keep trying but you will never succeed...

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

7/31/2014 12:45 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote: She is definitely nasty, and I definitely do not want her. You can keep trying but you will never succeed...

Can i follow her IG now?

╭∩╮(︶︵︶)╭∩╮

7/31/2014 10:26 AM

one try kid wrote: Can i follow her IG now?

No.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

7/31/2014 11:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/31/2014 11:27 AM

BMX has led me to meet a lot of my good friends and it has made me want to travel more to places INSIDE the US which I think is something Americans often overlook.
It has also put a little bit of spending money in my pocket which was particularly useful when I was getting my undergraduate degree.
Also, it's obviously a great thing to do in your free time as opposed to being bored and being unproductive.

7/31/2014 12:15 PM

Bmx has made me meet new people and make friends with a lot of riders in my state. Biking has made me spend a lot of my money but i don't care, its a way of life. I quit for couple of months due to money issues but i couldnt not just pick up a bike again its in my blood. Im going to ride until i can't anymore and my girlfriend just built up a bike so i am pumped on that.

7/31/2014 12:38 PM

First of all, injuries (scars from things like road rash and shinners, etc.). I mean, it's fun, and almost every single second you get to ride is great (except for the bad days, no shit). You get to meet new people and sometimes actually get to know them, instead of just being "friends" with just for the sole purpose of riding. I also learned a shitload about a bunch of other vital tools (CNC machining, welding, etc.) apart from your general hand tools (socket wrench, crescent/adjustable wrench, allen keys/wrenches, etc.). As for getting fit on a bike, I guess it does a bit of it's part depending on how much and how hard you ride. I don't do much of hauling ass unless I'm late, but my area is crowded with cars so I'd rather not. Apart from injuries and fun, it's all you ever think about and what you almost live for at some points. Oh, and last thing, FCKING CALLUSES!

Most up-to-date/latest bike check.

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

Post a Reply to: how bmx has affected your life?

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm