4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

how old when people landed first flat 360s

7/13/2014 1:27 PM

im 14 and ibe been riding properly for nearly two years and i still cant fully 360, i was wondering how old people were when they landed 360s

7/13/2014 1:33 PM

I leaned 360s on a dirt step up at 13 ...I'm turning 24 in September shit that was a long time ago

7/13/2014 1:36 PM

I was 14 I think, and had been riding for a little a bit over a year. I learned them flyout after around 9 months of riding though.

7/13/2014 1:38 PM

16 riding "legit" for like half a year or something.

30+ refs check profile.

"I like chicks that look like Ronald Reagan"- Chris

7/13/2014 1:44 PM

No idea how old i was but I know for a fact it didn't happen overnight

I'm on the vital legit list!

Don't Sweat The Streets

7/13/2014 1:50 PM

I was 15 when I first started getting them and I had been riding for like 8 months or so. Still can't do them fly out for some reason lol.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

7/13/2014 2:22 PM

I still can't get them consistently.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
"Life's a pizza. Eat it."
-Gary Ginch
"omg u own a truck and drive boots let me fuck you"
-xxOhioanxx
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
#cantbancollin
#savefastplants
#hungandsexless
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

7/13/2014 2:47 PM

does it help learnkng up quarters

7/13/2014 2:50 PM

Learning 3s flying out of a quarter help you figure out spins more consistently forsure , 360 airs to fakie wouldn't really do much good for flat

7/13/2014 2:53 PM

I learned 360's when i was 15, i had been riding for about two years at that point.
Didn't dial them in till i was about 17 or 18.

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | STLRS Facbook | STLRS Youtube Channel | Chuck8273 is king, bow to him |

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

7/13/2014 3:20 PM

im 17 and still pivot like a fatty so at this point idk if bmx is really something for lames like me but keep on trying bro, you're still young.

Save the industry

7/13/2014 3:45 PM

I was 15 when I would take my friend's bike with bigger bars & landed a few shitty ones, I had tiny bars at the time haha but then a few months later I landed a couple shitty ones with my bike, they were so ugly but eventually cleaned up.

You don't HAVE to learn flyout first, I didn't, but it took me quite awhile compared to some of the people I know who learn them flyout first, then flat.

7/13/2014 3:59 PM

Learning hop 3s and doing them off flat jumping down into a decent size bank helps ..... Forces you to get it around or you eat shit

7/13/2014 4:55 PM

i cant 360...lol i try and i just fall off my bike..i can 360 pivot sometimes tho

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...

7/13/2014 5:00 PM

I am turning 15 on Tuesday and I still can't get clean 3s consistently. What seems to happen is I land a few and then eat shit and hurt something that puts me off of my bike for a little while and then when I can ride again, I am doing shitty 3 taps. That's what just happened last week and I am pissed. I landed like 2 or 3 clean ones in a row and then I slammed on my shoulder and pulled and strained some muscles in my arm and shoulder.

Bike Check
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

7/13/2014 5:39 PM

Landed my first one at 13. I had been riding around 2ish years.

Check out my skavenger EL BLAAAAAAAAANCO LOCO!

Subscribe to my youtube channel here

Why do drugs when you can ride BMX?

7/13/2014 6:49 PM

I'm 17 and I still don't get them consistently

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

7/13/2014 7:17 PM

13 had a bike since like 7 though....19 now

7/13/2014 7:51 PM

I can't flat 360 to save my life... And I'm 38.
Can 720 off a good size dirt jump, but that's a whole different feel. Never really got the basics down when I was younger, and don't care. Still, trying to learn to teach my kids, and so I stop hearing, "yo, do a 360!" Lol.

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

7/14/2014 7:50 AM

Hop 360s came about probably in about 2003/04. I was 17. I was also about 75 lbs lighter.

Dammit I am old.

And fat.

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

7/15/2014 8:48 AM

i learned them flyout when I was 14, and I had been riding for 3 months. It took me 5 months to learn them flat and a year to get them to look good. You know how everybody says to turn your head? Do it because it It works

7/15/2014 11:55 AM

Flat ground 3's have always been a personal battle for me. I'm 24, and I can honestly say that I haven't been able to make them feel/look consistently good until a few months ago. 270's over a wedge hip is another story, I could always roast those properly but for some reason always struggled with the hop 3. I feel like the secret is the right carve and a good pop that lets you float a little, seems to be the only way I can cleanly get the rotation around. If I try to spin too hard it never really pans out.

7/15/2014 12:02 PM

Learned them when i rode the 30lbs bike, i was way more built back then haha. So about 16?

7/15/2014 12:31 PM

I was 17 when i landed my first flat 360, i had been riding for like 4 years at that point. They where such a battle for me.. I was never able to do them quarters, tbh i havent even done a flat one in a few months now, so who knows if i can even do them anymore.

7/15/2014 12:38 PM

I'm in my mid 20s and still cant even 180 dude and ive been riding as "legit" as I can for over a year maybe more or less... if you have access to a park or foam pit maybe that could help you learn the feel of 360s so u can get a little more comfortable on flat. If not just keep practicing and you'll get it one day, itll just click. OP can u 3 6 tap?

7/15/2014 12:56 PM

ghostx720 wrote: I'm in my mid 20s and still cant even 180 dude and ive been riding as "legit" as I can for over a year maybe more or less... if you have access to a park or foam pit maybe that could help you learn the feel of 360s so u can get a little more comfortable on flat. If not just keep practicing and you'll get it one day, itll just click. OP can u 3 6 tap?

Lol..took me a year to learn how to 180 and fakie out and ive landed a couple 3 taps in that year to but now i cant seem to do them cuz my bike just wants to fly out from under me

7/15/2014 1:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/15/2014 1:08 PM

ghostx720 wrote: I'm in my mid 20s and still cant even 180 dude and ive been riding as "legit" as I can for over a year maybe more or less... if you have access to a park or foam pit maybe that could help you learn the feel of 360s so u can get a little more comfortable on flat. If not just keep practicing and you'll get it one day, itll just click. OP can u 3 6 tap?

Shadow2 wrote: Lol..took me a year to learn how to 180 and fakie out and ive landed a couple 3 taps in that year to but now i cant seem to do them cuz my bike just wants to fly out from under me

I heard if you stick ur bum far out to the side of ur spin it'll help with the momentum. I dont know if that really works or not though cuzz i cant even 180 but yeah man try it out maybe itll help lol

7/15/2014 1:10 PM

ghostx720 wrote: I heard if you stick ur bum far out to the side of ur spin it'll help with the momentum. I dont know if that really works or not though cuzz i cant even 180 but yeah man try it out maybe itll help lol

Will do...lol brb

7/15/2014 2:48 PM

I was 16

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

Post a Reply to: how old when people landed first flat 360s

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm