4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

is the rant fork good?

4/13/2014 9:32 PM

my forks are bent and i'm really low on cash. i'm thinkin about just getting some rant forks
http://www.danscomp.com/products-PARTS/353333/Rant_Fork.html

i do some pretty big gaps and roof drops, but not like everyday. maybe like one gap/drop a week. is this fork gonna hold up?
if not, any other recommendations for a budget fork?

also, my cranks are really bent. would it be wiser to invest in a new fork or new cranks? thanks

4/13/2014 9:34 PM

Dude. Save more money or buy used. Sounds like you're at the point that you're gonna have to start getting serious upgrades.

4/13/2014 9:34 PM

I'd get a better one. Fit or Odyssey.

"When I get a new bike I'm taking a shitload of pre-workout suppliments and going fucking crazy the first day and flip - whip off a roof !"

Check out my STOLEN whip here

4/13/2014 9:39 PM

4/13/2014 9:44 PM

The Rant forks don't seem to bad to be honest, im not sure how long they will last but id trust them over the fiction troops. The mission circuits don't look bad but i think the Rants will hold up better.

Replace your forks over your cranks because you will get less hurt from cranks snapping then if your forks snap.

Also another thought is to try and find some good used parts on here from trust worthy members.

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | STLRS Facbook | STLRS Youtube Channel | Chuck8273 is king, bow to him | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

4/13/2014 9:56 PM

For $60 I'm sure you could find some good used forks, and maybe even cranks too if you found the right seller.

4/13/2014 10:46 PM

the rant forks came with my stock subrosa and i would say its good but the star nut inside just some how got crushed when i was tightening it. but it could get easily be replaced.

4/14/2014 5:40 AM

If you are going to do roof gaps and that id get better forks.
As for cranks, id go with eclat tibias/mavericks, kink pillars......

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/14/2014 6:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2014 6:55 AM

What kid of "roof drops/gaps" are we talking here? Like a garage roof to a bank downward or are we talking like straight up 10 foot drops to flat?

What are the gaps? A few feet? 20 feet? over stuff?

A little more detail helps a lot.

But seriously, if you are dropping large amounts, and doing large gaps with hard landings, get the best forks you can. Do NOT cheap out.
I say this because a cheap fork will bend/break and put you FULL FORCE FROM THE GAP/DROP onto your face.

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

4/27/2014 10:14 PM

thanks everyone i think i'll just save up first. but i'm wondering, why is the rant fork cheaper than more expensive aftermarket forks? i mean, the rant is made of 4130 chromoly and has 5 mm dropouts..it sounds pretty good?

4/27/2014 10:17 PM

jokeloony wrote: thanks everyone i think i'll just save up first. but i'm wondering, why is the rant fork cheaper than more expensive aftermarket forks? i mean, the rant is made of 4130 chromoly and has 5 mm dropouts..it sounds pretty good?

Just cause it's a lower end brand and the method they used to weld and stuff may not be as top notch. It's pretty much the same quality as stock and generic stuff. You can even tell by the way you need to press on a separate bearing race.

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

4/27/2014 10:23 PM

jokeloony wrote: thanks everyone i think i'll just save up first. but i'm wondering, why is the rant fork cheaper than more expensive aftermarket forks? i mean, the rant is made of 4130 chromoly and has 5 mm dropouts..it sounds pretty good?

Not being heat treated really cuts the cost down

4/28/2014 5:47 AM

Go with some used ones if you can't afford good new ones. You'll end up breaking the rants and have to buy forks again and then you have wasted all the money.

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

4/28/2014 6:15 AM

FreddyDapice wrote: Go with some used ones if you can't afford good new ones. You'll end up breaking the rants and have to buy forks again and then you have wasted all the money.

THats a good option. Find a pair of odyssey r25 used

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

Post a Reply to: is the rant fork good?

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm