4li2k73z   Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

is this bike good

8/1/2012 12:52 PM

These parts are all gonna be bought and put together in my new completely custom bmx, btw this is my first bmx so if the cranks are bad then ignore it:
Frame, Bars and Forks: Verde Cartel V2
Stem: Subrosa Hold on
Grips: ODI Longnecks
Brake Lever: Eastern
Front Wheel: Demolition Bulimia 36h
Back Wheel: Demolition Anorexia 36h (with left side 9t driver)
Sprocket: Shiner ECO
Cranks: Stolen Mob
Pedals: Odyssey Twisted
Brake: Odyssey EVO II
Brake Cable: Odyssey
Pegs: Nylon
Chain: Eastern
Tyres: Odyssey Path P-Lyte

Its all red and white and is worth £1000...
It weighs 10.3kg
Is this a good bike and i know the cranks are rubbish

8/1/2012 12:55 PM

Dont buy a damn custom for your first bike.

if you need left hand drive and you plan on griding right away get a vit van homan 3.

I ride a: Cult
why do I ride?:peer pressure

8/1/2012 1:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/1/2012 1:01 PM

thats a good shout but is the bike good

8/1/2012 1:05 PM

better then my first bike..

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

8/1/2012 1:09 PM

Fair but guys what im asking is that is this bike a good weight and are the parts good except the cranks

8/1/2012 1:17 PM

yes it is a good bike but do you need a bike of that caliber as your first bike? It might be too much, especially for the price you're gonna pay. I say find a cheaper bike to make sure you like the sport, but that's just my opinion. The Stolen crank is decent, it's not bad and i doubt you'll ride the bike hard enough to snap them which is why people don't like them.

So in short, buy a cheaper bike to decide whether or not that's what you wanna do. I know i wouldn't want a $1500 bike for my first bike and then find out i won't ride it as much as i wanted to.

8/1/2012 1:23 PM

cheers and thanks thats what i wanted and i wouldnt of gone and bought a bike like this yet after not borrowing my cousins for the last 3 months cheers

8/1/2012 1:25 PM

oh ok, i thought you were completely new to the sport. Well if you want a bike that expensive as your first more power to ya, i would spend probably half that on a complete. But good luck.

8/1/2012 1:26 PM

thanks and will this bike be a good weight for park and some street.

8/1/2012 1:26 PM

Exactly what sbc said, I got my first bike about a year or two ago, it was a haro x0, it lasted me a year then I bought a used custom macneil to see how a custom bike felt, I just sold that a year later and I am now looking at some pretty good completes, but I would say, never, ever spend more than like $600 on your first bike, because that first bike will be the bike that takes the most beating, you will fall, a lot, on this bike, you will run into things, a lot, on this bike, just make sure it has atleast a back double wall rim, and ATLEAST a tri-moly frame, considering its your first bike the frame isn't that big of a deal because you won't be casing enough things off the start and won't be getting lots of air off the start so it will hold up, so I would say just get a cheaper, full chromo or tri-moly complete, and save this list of parts and then once you feel really comfortable on a bike say, 2 years from now maybe, then look at this parts list, find out what has changed and upgrade the list, then buy it all and build a custom bike, but there is no way you should but a custom as your first bike.

Graphics Designer + BMX Rider

8/1/2012 1:30 PM

Satan... wrote: thanks and will this bike be a good weight for park and some street.

It will be pretty good for both from what I understand about frames, its full chromo so it can take a beating from street, and its fairly light meaning the bike itself will be light, you can put fat tires on it which will make it better for dirt, park and street, so honestly, I think its a great frame for street, dirt and park.

8/1/2012 1:34 PM

thanks and that is a valid point i have een involved with bmxing for years and am already alright and am very comfortable on bmxs i shouldnt of started this bike but its too late and am already half in and i wouldnt of done this just for the custom bike i wanted a good bmx to not only learn on but to kinda show off. i also wanted something as a hobby , building it. i really wanted a light good bmx to start and really want to learn so the decision might not be the best but i have really enjoyed the building so far and cant wait to finish and learn some tricks thanks anyway

8/1/2012 1:49 PM

why get an expensive bike to show off? Honestly when i see kids roll up on $1500 bikes i'm not impressed unless they're out there going big.

8/1/2012 1:51 PM

sbc785 wrote: why get an expensive bike to show off? Honestly when i see kids roll up on $1500 bikes i'm not impressed unless they're out there going big.

Exactly, I see these dumb little kids ride around on the street on WTP Envys, sundays, and like $1500 custom bikes, and then the second they get near jumps or a park, they just sit there and don't ride, so 90% of the time I challenge them to bike, and 99% of the time they can barely 180 and they don't even know how to drop in, I just find it retarded when people spend thousands of dollars on bikes, that they don't even ride they just want to show off.

8/1/2012 1:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/1/2012 1:59 PM

i didnt want the bike to show it off i want o become a good bmxer and thought a good bike would help its just a contributing factor to when im not at the park to have a nice bike. i didnt mean to properly show it off i really want to spend every day i can on this bike

8/1/2012 2:08 PM

If you know you're going to stick with BMX and you have the money i say go ahead and get the custom. It will save you money in the long run from having to upgrade your complete parts when they break

8/1/2012 2:11 PM

Satan... wrote: i didnt want the bike to show it off i want o become a good bmxer and thought a good bike would help its just a contributing factor to when im not at the park to have a nice bike. i didnt mean to properly show it off i really want to spend every day i can on this bike

i understand now, the same concept as to why i like my bike to look good when it's sitting on my roof rack of my car when i'm not riding.

8/1/2012 3:02 PM

Satan... wrote: thanks and that is a valid point i have een involved with bmxing for years and am already alright and am very comfortable on bmxs i shouldnt of started this bike but its too late and am already half in and i wouldnt of done this just for the custom bike i wanted a good bmx to not only learn on but to kinda show off. i also wanted something as a hobby , building it. i really wanted a light good bmx to start and really want to learn so the decision might not be the best but i have really enjoyed the building so far and cant wait to finish and learn some tricks thanks anyway

Its not really gonna be showing off, people are just gonna call you a poser and the only people that will most likely ride with you are gonna be older friends or people who wanna steal your bike. If you like building it, buy a complete for an average amount of money, or a used custom, for max half of the price take it apart, and put it back together, and dont worry about the weight, i can bunny hop higher on my 26 pound beast, than my friends 21 pound bike its all about getting used to the bike. Also, learning tricks will damage your bike a lot, you wanna do that first with a cheaper bike so your not scared to scratch it.

Dr.Pepper is the shit, i wish i was sponsored by it, but then id get diabetes....

8/1/2012 3:06 PM

Satan... wrote: i didnt want the bike to show it off i want o become a good bmxer and thought a good bike would help its just a contributing factor to when im not at the park to have a nice bike. i didnt mean to properly show it off i really want to spend every day i can on this bike

It's not gonna help you be better, trust me. I got a kid that rides around the neighborhood on this 2012 envy, its looks brand new and he doesn't know how 180 or anything more than a bunny hop, which looks sloppy as fuck too. When every i ask him to try shit he just uses the excuse "I don't wanna scrach this bike, it cost me a lot, you know.". IDK if that's his legit excuse or hes just pussy as fuck. Get a 500-650 dollar 2012 united complete, the're more than good enough.

Dr.Pepper is the shit, i wish i was sponsored by it, but then id get diabetes....

8/2/2012 1:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2012 1:46 AM

thats a good point but i really want to go with the custom as i enjoy building and just want a nice bike and it would help surely cos the bike would be lighter and maybe that kid cant do anything cos he hasnt tried

8/2/2012 8:52 AM

http://www.bmx-shop.com/Amber-BMX-Dorado-2012-BMX-Bike/p38972.aspx

this bike is a fully custom bike worth more than 1500 in parts for 799, you can buy yourself an icecream with the money you save and you don't have to worry about anything on this bike breaking or looking bad.

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

8/2/2012 9:09 AM

cupovjoe wrote: http://www.bmx-shop.com/Amber-BMX-Dorado-2012-BMX-Bike/p38972.aspx

this bike is a fully custom bike worth more than 1500 in parts for 799, you can buy yourself an icecream with the money you save and you don't have to worry about anything on this bike breaking or looking bad.

This.

I think you want a custom bike for all the wrong reasons. If you want a bike that rides great and looks good on your bike rack then buy the Amber. People will think you're a squid if you're riding around a $1500 bike and you have no idea what you're doing. Once you're riding so hard that you start breaking parts, then you replace them with better parts. You're just wasting money buying a bike you're not good enough for.

8/2/2012 12:19 PM

sbc785 wrote: why get an expensive bike to show off? Honestly when i see kids roll up on $1500 bikes i'm not impressed unless they're out there going big.

Brxnnen wrote: Exactly, I see these dumb little kids ride around on the street on WTP Envys, sundays, and like $1500 custom bikes, and then the second they get near jumps or a park, they just sit there and don't ride, so 90% of the time I challenge them to bike, and 99% of the time they can barely 180 and they don't even know how to drop in, I just find it retarded when people spend thousands of dollars on bikes, that they don't even ride they just want to show off.

Everybody in my town except like 2 of my friends and myself.

"if you feel yourself falling backwards, thrust forward like you would if you were indeed fucking your bike, and if youre falling forwards, push your legs while leaning back, like if you were pulling out from fucking your bike But dont, under any circumstances, actually fuck your bike" - EddiMundo

8/2/2012 12:32 PM

around here it's either the kid has a nice bike and can't ride or the kid has a walmart bike, can't ride and will argue with everyone how his bike is better than everyone elses. This is why i stick to trails, no little kids there, they're all at the skatepark on their scooters.

8/2/2012 12:42 PM

Hey Satan if you are spending that much money why dont you just buy better cranks?

8/2/2012 12:46 PM

Satan... wrote: thats a good point but i really want to go with the custom as i enjoy building and just want a nice bike and it would help surely cos the bike would be lighter and maybe that kid cant do anything cos he hasnt tried

a lighter bike doesnt mean your gunna be better

8/2/2012 12:51 PM

this kid started a "how to" thread, he doesn't know the basics of riding pretty much....these are the kids i don't waste my time with, they build a bike in their head and never get it and then they will start a million threads in the "how to" section. After that it's what color grips, what color scheme bike, are foldable tires good, etc.

8/2/2012 1:37 PM

sorry... and i will buy some new cranks soon

8/2/2012 2:01 PM

Im sorry sbc785 if you feel Im a waste of your time but everyones gotta start somewhere. I thought this site would be help to grow my knowledge on BMXing by people that have this extended knowledge. I enjoy attempting new tricks (however basic) and building this bike is a project i really want to finish. Yes I do care about the colour scheme and dont need advice in this area but will want advice from the more experienced riders.

8/2/2012 4:27 PM

sbc785 wrote: this kid started a "how to" thread, he doesn't know the basics of riding pretty much....these are the kids i don't waste my time with, they build a bike in their head and never get it and then they will start a million threads in the "how to" section. After that it's what color grips, what color scheme bike, are foldable tires good, etc.

Me?

Post a Reply to: is this bike good

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm