4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

metal vs plastic pedals.

11/24/2010 11:13 PM

plastic pedals are a bitch, they leave just as bad gashes on my legs. so i just man up and ride metal.
your thoughts?

steazy

11/24/2010 11:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/24/2010 11:14 PM

but i've always ridden metals, i was trying my friends bike who had plastics.

steazy

11/24/2010 11:15 PM

i like metals but have plastics haha

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

11/24/2010 11:23 PM

catfish95 wrote: i like metals but have plastics haha

This, i'd love a pair of nice metals.

11/24/2010 11:28 PM

catfish95 wrote: i like metals but have plastics haha

bmx_is_rad wrote: This, i'd love a pair of nice metals.

12345
i want eclats

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

11/24/2010 11:30 PM

Plastic is cheaper and comes loose less.

MY NAME IS NOLAN, NOT JIM
MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10
Refs: spikez5, dallybiker45

11/24/2010 11:31 PM

catfish95 wrote: 12345
i want eclats

Orgasm, i wish i could afford them, pretty ridiculous price for pedals if you ask me, but i've never owned a pair so they're probably worth every penny.

11/24/2010 11:38 PM

bmx_is_rad wrote: This, i'd love a pair of nice metals.

catfish95 wrote: 12345
i want eclats

bmx_is_rad wrote: Orgasm, i wish i could afford them, pretty ridiculous price for pedals if you ask me, but i've never owned a pair so they're probably worth every penny.

pc's add up if you think about it though
7 pairs at about $15 bucks is a little over $100
the metals would probably be cheaper in the long run

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

11/24/2010 11:48 PM

catfish95 wrote: 12345
i want eclats

bmx_is_rad wrote: Orgasm, i wish i could afford them, pretty ridiculous price for pedals if you ask me, but i've never owned a pair so they're probably worth every penny.

catfish95 wrote: pc's add up if you think about it though
7 pairs at about $15 bucks is a little over $100
the metals would probably be cheaper in the long run

Yeah, and these pedals are suppossed to be indestructable!

I saw some kid with an all chrome bike, and he had some. I creamed everwhere

PSN - TheNunPoacher

11/25/2010 7:36 AM

i ride plastic because they are cheap.

don't put your finger anywhere you wouldn't put your dick
cell# 518 682. 718.0.(only for parts)
refs
i ride fly, devyn, hattrckhcky, spikez5, blackout2010, 3514eclat, mikelee, brecher, TCbmx

11/25/2010 7:43 AM

i ride both
jcpcs are were its at, i get all the grip of a metal pedal and all the buttery ass sliding ability of plastics

ferthebirdz wrote: my pegs are called cranks..

11/25/2010 7:59 AM

catfish95 wrote: pc's add up if you think about it though
7 pairs at about $15 bucks is a little over $100
the metals would probably be cheaper in the long run

depends on the person
my plastics last me a longggggg time
i buy new pedals when i'm sick of the color lol

11/25/2010 8:00 AM

i switch between the two!
i have metals for trails and when i run pegs and then plastics when i ride park and street without pegs!!

11/25/2010 8:50 AM

JCPCs are the best pedals I have have ever had, but I would lovveeeeee some of those eclats.

11/25/2010 8:56 AM

i ride metal, i cant stand plastics. but i wish i had rubens or eclats

fly sunday mutiny gsport primo odyssey




My Loosefer WAN CLAN Facebook Instagram @dickfarts

11/25/2010 8:58 AM

Just get some Odyssey JCPC's, best of both worlds!

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

11/25/2010 9:08 AM

\BMX-1995/ wrote: Just get some Odyssey JCPC's, best of both worlds!

yep

11/25/2010 9:14 AM

\BMX-1995/ wrote: Just get some Odyssey JCPC's, best of both worlds!

Booshy wrote: yep

Are the JCPC's actually any good?

PSN - TheNunPoacher

11/25/2010 9:17 AM

i want another pair of primo super tenderizers .the grip is amazing and you can ride them forever unsealed with no problems.

ride your damn bike

11/25/2010 9:18 AM

I ride Premium Slims .
(metal)

I fucking hate plastic pedals .

Oh hai.
My bicycle.
Member of the week 08/16/10 - 08/22/10

11/25/2010 9:25 AM

stayfitlife wrote: I ride Premium Slims .
(metal)

I fucking hate plastic pedals .

i would love a pair of these.

don't put your finger anywhere you wouldn't put your dick
cell# 518 682. 718.0.(only for parts)
refs
i ride fly, devyn, hattrckhcky, spikez5, blackout2010, 3514eclat, mikelee, brecher, TCbmx

11/25/2010 9:27 AM

\BMX-1995/ wrote: Just get some Odyssey JCPC's, best of both worlds!

Booshy wrote: yep

camjf wrote: Are the JCPC's actually any good?

yes! Best pedals I have ridden

11/25/2010 9:30 AM

Booshy wrote: yep

camjf wrote: Are the JCPC's actually any good?

Booshy wrote: yes! Best pedals I have ridden

If odyssey ever release them with some limited edition colours, I will get them for sure

PSN - TheNunPoacher

11/25/2010 9:32 AM

camjf wrote: Are the JCPC's actually any good?

Booshy wrote: yes! Best pedals I have ridden

camjf wrote: If odyssey ever release them with some limited edition colours, I will get them for sure

I got them in white coz we didn't have any black ones left, but I am gunna order some black bodies soon.

They will probably release limited edition coloured bodies rather than whole new pedals

11/25/2010 9:40 AM

stayfitlife wrote: I ride Premium Slims .
(metal)

I fucking hate plastic pedals .

millsaps wrote: i would love a pair of these.

Get some.

They're the sex!

Oh hai.
My bicycle.
Member of the week 08/16/10 - 08/22/10

11/25/2010 9:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/25/2010 9:45 AM

Steven_Case wrote: i want another pair of primo super tenderizers .the grip is amazing and you can ride them forever unsealed with no problems.

yeah, thats what i ride, after almost a year, one pin fell out, but the others are fine, just a little worn down.

steazy

11/25/2010 9:44 AM

Booshy wrote: yes! Best pedals I have ridden

camjf wrote: If odyssey ever release them with some limited edition colours, I will get them for sure

Booshy wrote: I got them in white coz we didn't have any black ones left, but I am gunna order some black bodies soon.

They will probably release limited edition coloured bodies rather than whole new pedals

Yeah, I thought they would. But I dont care, they look like sexy pedals

PSN - TheNunPoacher

11/25/2010 10:20 AM

JCPS's best pedals ive ever had SO grippy especially with half cabs

REFS LIST IN PROFILE

Ressler711 is the definition of "chill rider."
I'm fundyssey23 and I approve this message.

"In the streets."

11/25/2010 10:26 AM

ride plastic but i kinda miss the solid feeling of metal pedals...

jb07, Zachary_, Showtime402, bobPa, dee hos, joe-rod56, "idk i'm a loser", Gsport23, JoeGreen, Trenty Doo, fly for life,laloest

11/25/2010 10:35 AM

i ride plastics cause they slide better.

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

Post a Reply to: metal vs plastic pedals.

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm