4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

no air, or case,

7/29/2014 7:16 PM

Okay I i got one of those 1080 skate ramps, it was close out at 20 bucks **** yeah right?

OKay So, Each time I take a run at this thing, If I try to air off of it, I ethier case on my left, Or, I fall back,

When I dont try and air off it and just try pumping it, I'm normally fine, unless my wheel dosnt land stright and I **** the landing up.

Help? suggestions? can you even air off the thing with a bike?

D.O.S.
dk, Odyssey, Shadow

7/29/2014 7:25 PM

wait you mean those small plastic ramps you get from walmart that are like maybe 2 feet tall? i think its humanly impossible to air on something with that mellow of a transition and that thin
unless im completely misunderstanding this
unless you mean jump not air

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
"no one cares you goon i'm practically a girl"-Sickdude/Krooked
shitlist: timedrifter, rxking, crazyclark, _reyesbmx_, thuglifebmxriderz, ImClancy
http://deviantbmxer.blogspot.com/ http://deviantbmxer.blogspot.com/p/forum.html

7/29/2014 7:25 PM

Those ramps are made for children dude. I'm not saying they aren't fun to haul ass at but in reality, I'm not sure if there is a certain way to actually air these things out with the technique of boosting and pumping.

My advice to you is to just go really really really fast at one and see how far you can go. Other than that, if you're looking to get some air, try making a nice wooden ramp or a dirt flyout even.

Bike Check
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

7/29/2014 7:26 PM

Stocksy wrote: Those ramps are made for children dude. I'm not saying they aren't fun to haul ass at but in reality, I'm not sure if there is a certain way to actually air these things out with the technique of boosting and pumping.

My advice to you is to just go really really really fast at one and see how far you can go. Other than that, if you're looking to get some air, try making a nice wooden ramp or a dirt flyout even.

hes trying to air it lol

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
shitlist: timedrifter, rxking, crazyclark, _reyesbmx_, thuglifebmxriderz, ImClancy

7/29/2014 7:27 PM

Stocksy wrote: Those ramps are made for children dude. I'm not saying they aren't fun to haul ass at but in reality, I'm not sure if there is a certain way to actually air these things out with the technique of boosting and pumping.

bmxsteve99 wrote: hes trying to air it lol

Like a quarter pipe?

Bike Check
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)

7/29/2014 7:29 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote: hes trying to air it lol

Stocksy wrote: Like a quarter pipe?

yeah

7/29/2014 7:29 PM

.........wot

Check out my skavenger EL BLAAAAAAAAANCO LOCO!

Subscribe to my youtube channel here

Chum is fum

Magic

7/29/2014 7:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/29/2014 7:32 PM

No, just air it like it was a roller, Hey it was 20 bucks, and it didn't break when I used it first so theirs that.

D.O.S.
dk, Odyssey, Shadow

7/29/2014 7:30 PM

If you're trying to air a 1080 plastic ramp from walmart like a quarter pipe, don't. Just don't, please.

Bike Check
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)

7/29/2014 7:33 PM

dkTechEthan wrote: No, just air it like it was a roller, Hey it was 20 bucks, and it didn't break when I used it first so theirs that.

thats not airing, thats straight up jumping
if you case that i really am sorry for you lol

7/29/2014 7:35 PM

Read this.

Bike Check
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)

7/29/2014 7:37 PM

dkTechEthan wrote: No, just air it like it was a roller, Hey it was 20 bucks, and it didn't break when I used it first so theirs that.

bmxsteve99 wrote: thats not airing, thats straight up jumping

Most of the time I dont case at all, especially when I roll in from a hill top, Its just whenever I try to get more speed and get a little more height, thats when it happens. always on the left side.

D.O.S.
dk, Odyssey, Shadow

7/29/2014 7:44 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote: thats not airing, thats straight up jumping

dkTechEthan wrote: Most of the time I dont case at all, especially when I roll in from a hill top, Its just whenever I try to get more speed and get a little more height, thats when it happens. always on the left side.

Define casing?

Check out my skavenger EL BLAAAAAAAAANCO LOCO!

Subscribe to my youtube channel here

Chum is fum

Magic

7/29/2014 7:47 PM

when I hit front tire first and either my bike flips throwing me off, or when my wheel isn't straight on the landing and comes out from under me, every time, always hitting my left side.

D.O.S.
dk, Odyssey, Shadow

7/29/2014 7:48 PM

dkTechEthan wrote: when I hit front tire first and either my bike flips throwing me off, or when my wheel isn't straight on the landing and comes out from under me, every time, always hitting my left side.

pull back, plain and simple

7/30/2014 9:32 AM

Why waste $20 bucks on that in the first place? It's time to put on some big boy pants and ride something bigger than a 1 foot gap. BMX is about having fun but that's just humiliating. You will have a much better time on something bigger, it will be much more satisfying.

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!

7/30/2014 9:51 AM

those black plastic wal mart ramps... they are what they are. if you have really good hop you can get alot of air off those. years ago i got close to 6 feet on one. they dont hold up very well.

i ride to stay young

7/30/2014 10:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/30/2014 10:00 AM

MidWestBMX wrote: Why waste $20 bucks on that in the first place? It's time to put on some big boy pants and ride something bigger than a 1 foot gap. BMX is about having fun but that's just humiliating. You will have a much better time on something bigger, it will be much more satisfying.

Well I wanted to make a 7x5 quater, but parents shot me down on that. or building any kind of ramp so i saw the thing on clearance and though, what the hell, its a ramp, and its only 20 bucks, if it breaks oh well, if they toss it it was just 20 bucks, vs me building a quarter and probably having it be tossed by my parents.

D.O.S.
dk, Odyssey, Shadow

7/30/2014 2:02 PM

just go faster

7/30/2014 2:06 PM

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

7/30/2014 3:25 PM

Is this guy serious? Just, What the fuck man.

Nothing like a Good day of Digging and Riding

7/30/2014 4:29 PM

i had the same problem untill i got neutered. really helps out.

virginia beach ~ instagram: @_harru_ ~ 4pegz

7/30/2014 4:57 PM

D.O.S.
dk, Odyssey, Shadow

7/30/2014 5:07 PM

Sorry, but I honestly think you would have a better time using a skateboard or scooter (or roller skates) with that ramp.

7/30/2014 5:15 PM

Happybliss wrote: Sorry, but I honestly think you would have a better time using a skateboard or scooter (or roller skates) with that ramp.

yeah, This is true, But When you arnt allowed to build what you want- and see this thing for 20 bucks, ehh better then nothing, I'd really love to have something bigger... or if i could dig the woods behind my house....Yeah....

D.O.S.
dk, Odyssey, Shadow

7/30/2014 5:20 PM

I always feel the same way, no place build anything really close to my house. And the only area for dirt jumps in town is practically owned buy other riders, so no changing anything.
Post a Reply to: no air, or case,

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm