4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

pissssssed

7/10/2008 12:43 PM

ok so i just got american cups so i installed my cranks, oddesey wombaolt and then my cranks dontn even move.. i have the rite bearing sset the rite cups and everything im soo pissed, then i go to look at my sidekick and the screen is broken! im soooo mad

refs: fly for life

7/10/2008 12:46 PM

7/10/2008 2:28 PM

I'm not familar with wombolts, but do they have a spacer tube like thing that goes inside the BB shell, and if so did you put it in?

SBCdestroy

village idiot

7/10/2008 2:33 PM

i got the wombolts too, and every bottom bracket needs that spacer in between the bearings, its to keep the bearings from pushing in on each other.......and a word of advice, don't get the mechanik BB, the spacer is about 1.5 mm too long, i had to file it down so my bearings wouldn't stick out.

Me + Bike = Love

7/10/2008 3:09 PM

did you get the odyssey bb?

7/10/2008 3:19 PM

Sidekicks are neat, but a waste of money unless you have internet with em. As to the crank, got all spacers in? Did you overtighten at all?

When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same, out there for the fun of it, the challenge of progression, and the personal accountability we have for the results we get. There are no teams to let down, no coaches to scream about a missed pedal, and no obstacles that cannot be overcome.

7/10/2008 6:45 PM

the internal spacer has to be present for the wombolts to work properly

7/10/2008 7:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/10/2008 7:54 PM

oh i put the bottom bracket tube inn , i think i forgot the spacers tho, the wombolts r so hard to in install

refs: fly for life

Post a Reply to: pissssssed

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm