4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

pissssssed

7/10/2008 12:43 PM

ok so i just got american cups so i installed my cranks, oddesey wombaolt and then my cranks dontn even move.. i have the rite bearing sset the rite cups and everything im soo pissed, then i go to look at my sidekick and the screen is broken! im soooo mad

refs: fly for life

7/10/2008 12:46 PM

7/10/2008 2:28 PM

I'm not familar with wombolts, but do they have a spacer tube like thing that goes inside the BB shell, and if so did you put it in?

SBCdestroy

village idiot

7/10/2008 2:33 PM

i got the wombolts too, and every bottom bracket needs that spacer in between the bearings, its to keep the bearings from pushing in on each other.......and a word of advice, don't get the mechanik BB, the spacer is about 1.5 mm too long, i had to file it down so my bearings wouldn't stick out.

Me + Bike = Love

7/10/2008 3:09 PM

did you get the odyssey bb?

7/10/2008 3:19 PM

Sidekicks are neat, but a waste of money unless you have internet with em. As to the crank, got all spacers in? Did you overtighten at all?

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

7/10/2008 6:45 PM

the internal spacer has to be present for the wombolts to work properly

7/10/2008 7:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/10/2008 7:54 PM

oh i put the bottom bracket tube inn , i think i forgot the spacers tho, the wombolts r so hard to in install

refs: fly for life

Post a Reply to: pissssssed

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm