4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

plastic fly ruben pedals?

5/29/2010 9:33 PM

alright. so the bearings in my odyssey twisted pc pedals are crusty and loose like \BMX-1995/s vagina because i over tightened them the wrong way once, i was thinking about getting plastic fly ruben pedals.

since i didnt see a review on these yet, i just wanna know if any of you guys have any experiance with these pedals? they look really good, and they look like theyve got some good concave.

i havent heard much about them, but im interested in finding out if theyre worth it!

remember its the plastic ones, not the metals.

thanks!

im alex, and i like to ride my bike.
MOTW 5/24/2010 - 5/30/2010.
BOTM february 2011.

5/29/2010 9:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/29/2010 9:36 PM

i have em theyre pretty good.
only problem is sometmes when i pedal in the same place everytime theres a little pop but i heard thats just an imperfection in the bearings.
and sometimes my left pedal comes loose. but its on the right side so idk, probably put too much grease on it.
i have a slip side on the left and thats about it. theyre pretty legit so get em. and they come in a cool package Wink

5/29/2010 9:36 PM

Go for it. If not get the DK plastics, theyre awesome.

5/29/2010 9:38 PM

vanillseatbmx wrote: alright. so the bearings in my odyssey twisted pc pedals are crusty and loose like \BMX-1995/s vagina because i over tightened them the wrong way once, i was thinking about getting plastic fly ruben pedals.

since i didnt see a review on these yet, i just wanna know if any of you guys have any experiance with these pedals? they look really good, and they look like theyve got some good concave.

i havent heard much about them, but im interested in finding out if theyre worth it!

thanks!

friend has them... and they are legit and strong

A bike is not a bike if it doesn't have air in the tires.
Bike Check
BSD Front Street Hub Review
Primo Mix Review
Why You WEAR a mouthguard!
Refs.
\BMX-1995/

5/29/2010 9:39 PM

FBM Marauder: thanks for the info man. hey my left pedal sometimes comes loose too, but not much haha. are they solid or wiggly?

and damn that cool packaging might seal the deal for me, i love shit that comes in a cool package haha whats it like?

karanrides: thanks man ill check out the DKs too.

BOTM february 2011.

5/29/2010 9:39 PM

karanrides wrote: Go for it. If not get the DK plastics, theyre awesome.

i saw dk plastics on a stock dk at my local shop. im not entirely sure if theyre the aftermarket pedals but they looked like shit. no knurling or concave at all.

5/29/2010 9:40 PM

vanillseatbmx wrote: alright. so the bearings in my odyssey twisted pc pedals are crusty and loose like \BMX-1995/s vagina because i over tightened them the wrong way once, i was thinking about getting plastic fly ruben pedals.

thanks!

Cjmdawg wrote: friend has them... and they are legit and strong

sweet thanks man!

BOTM february 2011.

5/29/2010 9:41 PM

vanillseatbmx wrote: FBM Marauder: thanks for the info man. hey my left pedal sometimes comes loose too, but not much haha. are they solid or wiggly?

and damn that cool packaging might seal the deal for me, i love shit that comes in a cool package haha whats it like?

solid.
and the package is a white box with a lid that says fly ruben on it with green and when you open it , it elegantly showcases the two pedals

5/29/2010 9:42 PM

Fbm Marauder wrote: i saw dk plastics on a stock dk at my local shop. im not entirely sure if theyre the aftermarket pedals but they looked like shit. no knurling or concave at all.

Im not sure theyre aftermarket either. But mine feel great and your feet stay on them for the most part. The pins are also big and square for great traction.

5/29/2010 9:44 PM

Fbm Marauder wrote: i saw dk plastics on a stock dk at my local shop. im not entirely sure if theyre the aftermarket pedals but they looked like shit. no knurling or concave at all.

hmm...they look kindof cool actually i like how flat they are. but theyre kinda like a saggy pair of tits how plain they look without knurling or nothing.

BOTM february 2011.

5/29/2010 9:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/29/2010 9:47 PM

vanillseatbmx wrote: FBM Marauder: thanks for the info man. hey my left pedal sometimes comes loose too, but not much haha. are they solid or wiggly?

Fbm Marauder wrote: solid.
and the package is a white box with a lid that says fly ruben on it with green and when you open it , it elegantly showcases the two pedals

sweet, and sweet. haha that sounds really cool to be honest the odyssey plastics came in plastic haha so yeah. im kinda thinking about shadow ravager pedals.

BOTM february 2011.

5/29/2010 9:59 PM

you should get the premium slim pcs when they come out

Refs:Wolfen-Smk-Legendsx23-Spikez5(x18)-
iridebmxeveryday-2funny4u-cokacola-bstick-
sxe411-gstring02-sunday.bmx21-irideafly(x46)-
jecbmx-mike-e-Disturbed11-ScramHype-
bdk1313-Lee_Rager-millsaps-purplerain814
-naters14-getskyhigh
And 15+ On TCU

5/29/2010 10:02 PM

mikelee wrote: you should get the premium slim pcs when they come out

no you shouldnt
they come with sealed bearings so the shell around that is metal and as we all know metal is stronger than plastic.
so what happens is the metal starts to ovalize the plastic and then the pedal comes loose.
thats why they sell extra pedal bodies

5/29/2010 10:10 PM

Fbm Marauder wrote: no you shouldnt
they come with sealed bearings so the shell around that is metal and as we all know metal is stronger than plastic.
so what happens is the metal starts to ovalize the plastic and then the pedal comes loose.

nvm then lol

Refs:Wolfen-Smk-Legendsx23-Spikez5(x18)-
iridebmxeveryday-2funny4u-cokacola-bstick-
sxe411-gstring02-sunday.bmx21-irideafly(x46)-
jecbmx-mike-e-Disturbed11-ScramHype-
bdk1313-Lee_Rager-millsaps-purplerain814
-naters14-getskyhigh
And 15+ On TCU

5/29/2010 10:13 PM

mikelee wrote: nvm then lol

yeah and i dont think i can wait that long to get new pedals i have to tighten this one 5 times a minute! haha.

BOTM february 2011.

5/29/2010 10:22 PM

i have them, they are amazing, but mine became loose when i greased the spindle, dumb idea anyways, but theyre amazing, get them

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

5/30/2010 3:26 AM

pedals are win. They're a little on the small side but they're light strong and mega grippy even on old worn shoes. :D

FTW!

I'm cooler than a polar bear's toes.

5/30/2010 6:52 AM

I like my Fly Ruben PC's.

☻/
/▌
/ \
___ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡π̲̲͡|̡̡̡____

This is Bob and his beautiful beach house, copy and paste him on your signature so he can obtain Vital domination!

5/30/2010 6:56 AM

Zachy D wrote: I like my Fly Ruben PC's.

invalid

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

BMXFU

Loading Haters
█████████████ 99%
Complete

5/30/2010 6:57 AM

no they sell extra pedal bodies because they want you to buy pedal bodies when you grind the pins down.

my input to this thread is to buy the shadow nostra pc pedals. almost completely solid, massive pedal platform, massive pins.

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

5/30/2010 7:18 AM

Zachy D wrote: I like my Fly Ruben PC's.

fat bald man wrote: invalid

leave him alone lol
its not funny anymore
Post a Reply to: plastic fly ruben pedals?

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm