4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

shipping weight for dans

10/11/2012 6:26 PM

i ordered my custom bike yesterday and the package weight on the conformation email is 38.2 pounds.why is that? i paid $1000 for a fucking bike and its weighs that much? please tell me its just all the boxes and packaging because i'm a little worried here.(P.S. not a weight whore just a little confused)

Two hundred years of American technology has unwittingly created a massive cement playground of unlimited potential.STREET DAWG. [url=http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/Bike-Checks,27/the-day-has-come,1274784]>BIKE CHECK HERE

10/11/2012 6:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/11/2012 6:29 PM

The scale's UPS use must be fucked up... I ordered three shirts and a sticker from Empire and somehow it weighs 8.6lbs? So it's probably just the scale misread or something could also be all the pakaging and shit....

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor


Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

10/11/2012 6:35 PM

Me? wrote: The scale's UPS use must be fucked up... I ordered three shirts and a sticker from Empire and somehow it weighs 8.6lbs? So it's probably just the scale misread or something could also be all the pakaging and shit....

oh thats good thanks for saving me from a heart attack!

Two hundred years of American technology has unwittingly created a massive cement playground of unlimited potential.STREET DAWG. [url=http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/Bike-Checks,27/the-day-has-come,1274784]>BIKE CHECK HERE

10/11/2012 6:41 PM

Huh.I just looked at the invoice for my calafia,and it says 17lbs

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

10/11/2012 6:41 PM

nah man i'm sure it's ok it usually is always the packaging, i wouldn't worry too much

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

Bike Check.

10/11/2012 6:49 PM

stopurdeadmate wrote: oh thats good thanks for saving me from a heart attack!

No problem, I had that same reaction, I was like "WTF? 8lbs for 3 shirts? that sticker better weigh 7.5."

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor


Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

10/11/2012 6:55 PM

Me? wrote: The scale's UPS use must be fucked up... I ordered three shirts and a sticker from Empire and somehow it weighs 8.6lbs? So it's probably just the scale misread or something could also be all the pakaging and shit....

stopurdeadmate wrote: oh thats good thanks for saving me from a heart attack!

Me? wrote: No problem, I had that same reaction, I was like "WTF? 8lbs for 3 shirts? that sticker better weigh 7.5."

lol :D

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

Bike Check.

10/11/2012 6:55 PM

Most likely shipping materials. Your bike isnt going to magically add on weight after they ship it haha

10/11/2012 7:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/11/2012 7:05 PM

Don't worry about it when my bike was shipped by empire it weighed 35 lbs in the box (without the stem and sprocket)
It's mostly packaging and the way the UPS weighs it. BTW my bike weights around 22 pounds.

10/11/2012 7:42 PM

My bike came from wiggle.com in the UK.So Im guessing whole different system.That and it was a complete and not a custom.

7/8/2014 12:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2014 10:47 PM

The weight of you bike increase with shipping and packing material.And you get weight more than you expect But i think you don't need to pay for that extra weight because the company must settle it before with shipping company.

7/8/2014 3:02 AM

I think it's because of the packaging, boxes, tapes, plastics etc. Once i shipped crankset that weigh under a kilo. But had to pay for extra weight because of the box adding weight to my package.

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

7/8/2014 8:36 AM

^Guys, this thread was made over 2 years ago.

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

7/8/2014 9:10 AM

Packaging. Are they assembling the bike for you or are you? That would make a large difference, all the boxes etc for the parts. PLUS it would be a large box or multiple boxes.

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

7/8/2014 10:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2014 10:17 AM

dave lawrence wrote: Packaging. Are they assembling the bike for you or are you? That would make a large difference, all the boxes etc for the parts. PLUS it would be a large box or multiple boxes.

THIS THREAD WAS POSTED OVER TWO YEARS AGO.

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

7/8/2014 12:31 PM

Stocksy wrote: THIS THREAD WAS POSTED OVER TWO YEARS AGO.

Shit, didn't see that. Jackson diggin some old threads.

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

Post a Reply to: shipping weight for dans

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm