4li2k73z   Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

top tube length doesnt matter

7/29/2008 3:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/29/2008 3:18 PM

whos with me.

top tube legth does not matter sos top bitching im to tall for a 20.5

i used to ride an eastern jane 21 tt

and now i ride a new bike with 20.5

and it feels the same.

there are 22 tt frames if i got one i bet you i would feel it.

i dont care aout top tube if the bike is ncie illl get it.

7/29/2008 3:16 PM

i was with you til you started bashing the 20 inch top tube.

When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same, out there for the fun of it, the challenge of progression, and the personal accountability we have for the results we get. There are no teams to let down, no coaches to scream about a missed pedal, and no obstacles that cannot be overcome.

7/29/2008 3:21 PM

7/29/2008 3:52 PM

i feel a difference from a 20.3 to a 21

doctor i'm okay, but my bike's sick

7/29/2008 3:59 PM

it does matter jackass a 5'10" person shouldnt ride a 20" TT unless he has big tall bars and stuff

"If your not falling...then your not trying"
"Streets is Callin'"
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

7/29/2008 4:20 PM

SteveAM wrote: it does matter jackass a 5'10" person shouldnt ride a 20" TT unless he has big tall bars and stuff

It doesnt matter. Ride what works for you. If that is a 19 inch tt and you are 6 feet tall so be it. if its a 21 inch top tube and you are 5 foot 5, thats cool too. ride what works for YOU.

When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same, out there for the fun of it, the challenge of progression, and the personal accountability we have for the results we get. There are no teams to let down, no coaches to scream about a missed pedal, and no obstacles that cannot be overcome.

7/30/2008 3:36 PM

it doesnt matter if its comfortable!

Ride Fast, Fly High
Live, Love, Flow, Die

7/30/2008 3:48 PM

it doesnt matter if its comfortable!

Ride Fast, Fly High
Live, Love, Flow, Die

7/30/2008 3:56 PM

SteveAM wrote: it does matter jackass a 5'10" person shouldnt ride a 20" TT unless he has big tall bars and stuff

i think dats tru cuz it sounds like me i ride a 20' with big bars i stand on it look down and im looken right over the front axel i'd feel way better on a 20"75 and longer frames are easier to ballance wiell manualing

Out tha game

fork 4 sale odssey classic dirt

7/30/2008 4:02 PM

it matters alot especally if u do teck cause u gotta be pre tall or have alot of bike control to whil around a 21 like that and alot of 21 have longer rear ends that make it harder to spin

(\__/) CRACKA!!!!
(='.'=)
(")_(")

1/5/2010 9:27 AM

I'm 6'3" and i ride a 21" top tube now andd that feels too small. renzy sounds like one of those cranmer ankle bitters if you ask me.

1/5/2010 9:29 AM

mynameisfun wrote: I'm 6'3" and i ride a 21" top tube now andd that feels too small. renzy sounds like one of those cranmer ankle bitters if you ask me.

this thread is a year and a half old, that dudes probably fuckin dead by now. COME ON MAN!

"13. it was the first time i busted a nut also. i didnt know what the hell happened. the girl was like did you cum in me. I had no idea."

1/5/2010 9:41 AM

mynameisfun wrote: I'm 6'3" and i ride a 21" top tube now andd that feels too small. renzy sounds like one of those cranmer ankle bitters if you ask me.

don't bring back dead threads

crystal meth

1/5/2010 9:56 AM

hes a noob cut him some slack.

GOSH DAMMIT U FUCKTARD DONT BRING BACK DEAD THREADS! HOLY FUCKFACE

1/5/2010 11:44 AM

im in on this old thread.... im soo in!

when i was young and small i ran various tt's 20" 20.5" 20.75" 21" and non of them mattered until I actually got taller and was on a 20" and I had to chicago my bars out to feel comfy.

that was the point where i realized a 21" was completely necessary

3/16/2010 7:07 PM

I could see your height making a difference, but what about your reach? I am 5'11 and I have 20.5 top. It feels right.

3/19/2010 4:03 AM

I'm 6'6" I can't ride anything under 21.....and thats even a little cramped.

3/19/2010 5:49 AM

im stayin with a 20.5tt bc im 5' 1". im not goin any bigger

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=name&id=100000120996960

""""\___/""""

does this make my signature look fat?

3/19/2010 6:49 AM

Since it is back..

I am 6 feet tall and run a 20.5. Have been on two different frames for about 5-6 years. By everyone's standards, that is too small for me. But I like it as is. It is easy enough to throw around and do tricks with, and big enough for me to have the room I need.

I have seen dudes who are 6 foot 6 riding 20.5 comfortably to them. Also on the flip side, I have seen dudes who are like 5 foot 4 riding a 21. It's mostly about comfort. There are certain things that work, yes, BUT it is a generalization, and too many people forget that. What a person needs to do is ride the frame and see what feels good to them, since a large portion of frame size in BMX is personal preference, because technically (by society's thoughts) all BMX bikes are too small for people over 5 feet tall.

3/19/2010 8:35 AM

i used to ride a 22 inch toptube. xxxl avent factor

steazy

3/19/2010 11:06 AM

How come every time someone brings back a dead thread, it seems Like it dies again and someone brings it back AGAIN. But it isn't a bad thread

1/8/2011 9:53 AM

TT length makes a little bit of difference, but its the combo of TT, Bar and headset height, BB height, CS length that determines where your centre of gravity is in relation to the axles and steerer tube.

I got a 22" wheel bike (that's rims not toptube) and that just takes the piss out of all this tiny adjustments to geom - the 22's make the bike handle exactly how you wanted a BMX to handle like and twice as fkn fast.

1/8/2011 9:59 AM

Rooftop2 wrote: TT length makes a little bit of difference, but its the combo of TT, Bar and headset height, BB height, CS length that determines where your centre of gravity is in relation to the axles and steerer tube.

I got a 22" wheel bike (that's rims not toptube) and that just takes the piss out of all this tiny adjustments to geom - the 22's make the bike handle exactly how you wanted a BMX to handle like and twice as fkn fast.

look at the dates of post man, dont bring back dead post

"Booshy wrote: Oh I forgot about this guy, somehow.. Matt Hoffman! Would love to meet/ ride with him. Or ride him."

bmx_is_rad wrote: Please tap as hard as you like

1/8/2011 9:59 AM

Rooftop2 wrote: TT length makes a little bit of difference, but its the combo of TT, Bar and headset height, BB height, CS length that determines where your centre of gravity is in relation to the axles and steerer tube.

wow. it never ends. since the mods wanna clean up this forum, HOW ABOUT DELETING THIS THREAD PLEASE!!!!

refs: Spikez5, cokacola, dacumup213 (x2), josh estey, Blake El Gingero, naters14, Harry95, pcoco, hattrckhcky, bstick, kevinl, Sunday.bmx21, dgisback, iridebmxeveryday, I RIDE

1/8/2011 10:07 AM

lol ib4tl

im 5'10 i ride 20.75...i noticed someone said something about "if its comfortable whatever".....idiot. if i want comfort ide buy a beach cruiser.

fear does not exist in this dojo, does it? NO SENSEI!! pain does not exist in this dojo, does it?? NO SENSEI!! defeat! does not exist in this dojo, does it? NO SENSEI!!

1/8/2011 9:01 PM

HenHouseSuprise wrote: lol ib4tl

im 5'10 i ride 20.75...i noticed someone said something about "if its comfortable whatever".....idiot. if i want comfort ide buy a beach cruiser.

Obviously you don't understand what I meant by "comfort" on the BMX bike. If you aren't comfortable on it, basically you cannot get used to it, it has you too stretched out or squished in, you shouldn't be riding it. BUT my whole point was that anyone can be comfortable on something different that what "everyone" thinks they should ride.

If you read my old post about a guy I know that is 6 foot 6 and COMFY on a 20.5 you would understand. Same goes with another guy I know who is 5 foot 4 and is comfy on a 21 inch top tube. If YOU are comfy, ride it. If not, change it.

By the way, if you want a comfy bike, beach cruisers are NOT the way to go. Try a recumbent trike.

Jackass.

1/26/2011 5:31 PM

thi thread isnt too old..
id say if you are over 6 foot you should venture 21 and higher and if youre under 6 foot try to go smaller, but i agree its up to you, and you want wanna have back cramp or something after a few hours of riding.. that happened when i rode a scooter lol.

BIKE CHECK RIGHT HERE [:

twitter @burkminipup

refs: AndySubrosa8, spikez5, njbmxerdude, hcmike, TCbmx [x2], HenHouseSuprise, ScramHype [x2], Josh_Steinhauser, bstick, jb07, FreddyDapice

1/26/2011 5:36 PM

burkminipup wrote: thi thread isnt too old..
id say if you are over 6 foot you should venture 21 and higher and if youre under 6 foot try to go smaller, but i agree its up to you, and you want wanna have back cramp or something after a few hours of riding.. that happened when i rode a scooter lol.

its actually pretty old, its just been brought back more than several times

theres a bike shop by me and the guy goes on rant about kids that ride 21 cuase he doesnt believe in them, hes 6 foot and rides 20.5, which i personoly could never do

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

1/26/2011 5:42 PM

its all down to personal preference. Im 5 10 and unitl recently I had a 20.5, thing felt soo small, had to basicallyy run chicago bars. Now im rocking a 21.25 and it feels amazing, Im way more comfortable on it, and the only thing it has affected negatively is spins

1/26/2011 5:44 PM

burkminipup wrote: thi thread isnt too old..

Warchol2 wrote: its actually pretty old, its just been brought back more than several times

theres a bike shop by me and the guy goes on rant about kids that ride 21 cuase he doesnt believe in them, hes 6 foot and rides 20.5, which i personoly could never do

i see that now. ive only ridden one 20.8 frame which is right in the middle. im commenting cause i have a 20.5 or a 20.75 to install

BIKE CHECK RIGHT HERE [:

twitter @burkminipup

refs: AndySubrosa8, spikez5, njbmxerdude, hcmike, TCbmx [x2], HenHouseSuprise, ScramHype [x2], Josh_Steinhauser, bstick, jb07, FreddyDapice

Post a Reply to: top tube length doesnt matter

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm