4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

tree lil buddy frame?

3/23/2014 9:20 PM

hi there, has anyone here had experience with the lil buddy 21" TT frame? Would it be too big for someone around 5'9" ? and what makes it "dialled" as someone calls it ?

3/24/2014 5:04 AM

Tree stopped making these due to having a hard time being a frame sponsor. Sam decided it would be easier and better just to be a parts sponsor.

It has a very unresponsive, stable, trailsy geo. Ive heard a handful of negative reviews about them from street hard-hitters who broke them but a few of my park/trails friends have been running them for years.

As for the length, I would recommend a 20.75-20.85 for you if you ride street/park. A 21" will just feel a bit more roomy and less responsive. Would definitely be a
good size for you if you ride alot of trails. In the end it all comes down to preference.

Life behind bars.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

For sale!! 21" The Make Croft $100, Mutiny Glam v2 $20, Custom trans blue Odyssey Lumberjacks $20! Get at me!

3/24/2014 6:28 AM

zzzxtreme wrote: hi there, has anyone here had experience with the lil buddy 21" TT frame? Would it be too big for someone around 5'9" ? and what makes it "dialled" as someone calls it ?

Its too long for you.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/24/2014 5:58 PM

thanks for the warning. i ride street more. i should just stay happy with what i've got

3/24/2014 6:01 PM

T-rider wrote: Its too long for you.

Not necessarily, my friend's on a 21" frame & is only 5'7" and he shreds it.

To the OP, what frame do you currently have, and TT length?

3/24/2014 7:11 PM

Well I'd sau it's good for you it'll just feel roomier

And "dialed" just means the frame geo and parts you have are exactly what you wanted

THOU SHALL NOT COMMIT SKOOTERY
Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype
text me323.245.2827

3/25/2014 7:56 AM

zzzxtreme wrote: hi there, has anyone here had experience with the lil buddy 21" TT frame? Would it be too big for someone around 5'9" ? and what makes it "dialled" as someone calls it ?

sundaybmxRR wrote: Not necessarily, my friend's on a 21" frame & is only 5'7" and he shreds it.

I am around 5 11` and 20.75 feel perfect. I feel like a shorter frame would be better for him, also deppends in his current set up and how does he feel about it.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/25/2014 10:16 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote: Not necessarily, my friend's on a 21" frame & is only 5'7" and he shreds it.

T-rider wrote: I am around 5 11` and 20.75 feel perfect. I feel like a shorter frame would be better for him, also deppends in his current set up and how does he feel about it.

I'm 5'6" and ride a 20.5 and at christmas I am moving to a 20.75, hopefully I am about 5'8" then though

3/25/2014 12:27 PM

T-rider wrote: I am around 5 11` and 20.75 feel perfect. I feel like a shorter frame would be better for him, also deppends in his current set up and how does he feel about it.

Jamie.MacMillan.28 wrote: I'm 5'6" and ride a 20.5 and at christmas I am moving to a 20.75, hopefully I am about 5'8" then though

How does it feel?

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/25/2014 7:56 PM

thanks T-rider.

currently I have a wtp versus 2012
specs

20.8" TT, 75 HT, 71 ST, 11.8" BB, 8" standover, 13.2" rear end

feels fine. i remember i changed the frame to a colony teddy and then hated it. also changed the bar to fiend 8.75 bar and hated it. so this stock setup for me is, can I say, dialed?

I ride street mostly. thought of getting a new setup,something different, rather than changing parts for my current setup

3/25/2014 8:11 PM

zzzxtreme wrote: thanks T-rider.

specs

feels fine. i remember i changed the frame to a colony teddy and then hated it. also changed the bar to fiend 8.75 bar and hated it. so this stock setup for me is, can I say, dialed?

I ride street mostly. thought of getting a new setup,something different, rather than changing parts for my current setup

Well the Tree frame is pretty different, I'll list the specs below

74.5 HT
71 ST
11.5” BB 8.5" stand over height
13.75” rear end
20.5", 20.75", or 21" TT

So the 21" Tree frame you're talking about will not only be a bit longer top tube, but also a bit longer rear end. It might not mess you up that bad cause I'm around your height & ride a 20.5" TT & my rear end is 13.6"-13.75" & feels perfectly fine to me.. It'll definitely take a few days to get used to it over your current frame though given how different they are. Might not seem like that much but it'll throw you off for a bit, so if you DO get the frame, don't get discourage. Give it a bit!

Also, "dialed" means like good. If you drop your bike, and it makes no sound at all, no loose parts or anything like that, I would say "that's a dialed bike!" same for a trick, if someone did a tailwhip & it whipped around perfect, and they caught pedals perfect too, you'd say that's dialed as well. So when saying the Tree frame is dialed, that means it's a good frame pretty much.

3/26/2014 2:10 AM

zzzxtreme wrote: thanks T-rider.

specs

sundaybmxRR wrote: Well the Tree frame is pretty different, I'll list the specs below

74.5 HT
71 ST
11.5” BB 8.5" stand over height
13.75” rear end
20.5", 20.75", or 21" TT

So the 21" Tree frame you're talking about will not only be a bit longer top tube, but also a bit longer rear end. It might not mess you up that bad cause I'm around your height & ride a 20.5" TT & my rear end is 13.6"-13.75" & feels perfectly fine to me.. It'll definitely take a few days to get used to it over your current frame though given how different they are. Might not seem like that much but it'll throw you off for a bit, so if you DO get the frame, don't get discourage. Give it a bit!

Also, "dialed" means like good. If you drop your bike, and it makes no sound at all, no loose parts or anything like that, I would say "that's a dialed bike!" same for a trick, if someone did a tailwhip & it whipped around perfect, and they caught pedals perfect too, you'd say that's dialed as well. So when saying the Tree frame is dialed, that means it's a good frame pretty much.

this

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Post a Reply to: tree lil buddy frame?

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm