4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

what got you guys/girls to start riding?

1/15/2014 11:38 AM

Personally i used to skate, always kind of wanted to get a bike but thought they were all like $500 dollars. One time skating i fucked up my ankle on a gap. I swear the bottom of my foot touched my damn calf. But anyways, i couldnt really skate anymore after that so i got a cheap bike of Dans Comp. I never had problems with my ankle on a bike. Stupid story i know xD but im bored as shit.

1/15/2014 11:41 AM

Used to cycle around my neighbor hood with my friends on shitty bikes.

Bought a 2008 WTP Reason off a friend for €100

Wanted a new bike

Got a WTP Versus 2012 for Christmas 2012 for €505

Start going to the indoor at my old local

It closed down

Now I ride when my (shit) skatepark downtown is dry

I'm gonna need bigger bars

1/15/2014 11:54 AM

back in the day had a trek race bike i used just to pedal around. Then i started hitting these dirtjumps that these other bike riders built. back when i was about 14 lol then my trek got stolen and the next day i got a diamondback mr lucky think it was a 1998 model lol and went from there. Started on dirt moved into street riding and then the lil skatepark here was built but wasnt bike friendly but we still rode it. Luckily now they changed the park so bikes are allowed now! Now i ride more street and park.

brakeless maniac

1/15/2014 12:01 PM

It was a warm Spring day way back in the mid to late 70's...

1/15/2014 12:02 PM

I used to go mtb to a really awfull trails to jump and that, also practise a kind of downhill, really easyone, 30 meters long lol. I saw one friend with a shitty bmx and i asked for it, i fell i love dam! I bought a gt slammed 2012 then, it got stolen by a mothercuker. Bought a verde prism 2012 and change parts while they broke.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/15/2014 12:08 PM

Someone held a gun to my head, and told me if I didn't ride I'd die, so I rode & rode & rode, real fast.

Lulz.

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

1/15/2014 12:42 PM

I used to skate as well. Last summer I was hangin out with one of my friends and I traded some airsoft guns for his hyper metro.

I fixed it up

and have been riding ever since.

You know what my bike's name is? Bike.
That Emily chick does some damn good shovel work you should get her out at the trails-eskimojay
"Are there any downsides to your career?" "Yup-downside icepicks, but I've never been able to do downside double pegs."-Tony Hamlin
UPDATED BIKE CHECK

1/15/2014 12:57 PM

first time i accidentally rode off a curb the adrenaline set me free.

Sigs are for Pigs

1/15/2014 1:09 PM

^^^so true, not what got me started but i remember when i was about six or so (i onlt raced then) and was bombing down a hill and lost control, ended up going off a curb and accidently did a manual for about 10 feet i felt like such a badass that day haha

THOU SHALL NOT COMMIT SKOOTERY
Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90, dirtstars22
text me323.245.2827

Post a Reply to: what got you guys/girls to start riding?

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm