4li2k73z   Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

what to learn after a bunny hop ?

5/3/2008 4:42 PM

hey,
Learned the bunny hop about a week ago . Can get it up to 1 foot . I can also front pull and hiphop . I ride street mostly . whats the next easiest trick to learn ?

5/3/2008 5:07 PM

From what I hear, your best bet at a new trick would be a 180.

5/3/2008 5:19 PM

540 you know thats about it

5/3/2008 5:29 PM

backflip
haha nah probablly 180's and manuals

5/3/2008 5:34 PM

180's and manuals
posably barspins too

5/3/2008 5:50 PM

huh....just tried to manule...dont use pegs so its kinda hard(assume you put your feet on back pegs) I have no ide how im gona 180 its looks so hard....are there easier tricks that work up to it ? thats how i learned to bunny hop . and I ride 1 break no detanglar so I can't really do barspins.....

5/3/2008 5:59 PM

Find a nice gradually down sloped "hill" Manual with your feet on the pedals ( same way as when you bunny hop). Then bunny hop on to a curb and gradually lean farther and farther back and learn to hop onto a curb into a manual and then find a quarter pipe the ride up and role out fakie (backwards) Back pedal and just try to go in "rewind" Then learn how to turn it around doing a Fakie. I'm sure people here can help with all of these basics.

5/3/2008 6:07 PM

ye im with pago on this, im new at BMXing and i kno how to bunnyhop too... but i dont see how a 180 is easy from there

5/3/2008 6:12 PM

Once you get tired or frustrated with one, switch to another. Find one spot that has "the subtle hill", "island curb's or similar set up", and set up a box or something WEAK that you can bunny hop over", and just run it like a drill. Some times you can find a steep bank at a loading dock and use it as a quarter pipe for getting "reverse momentum" before trying any bunny hop 180's. That way you know how to ride backwards and do Fakies before your 180;s. Setting you up for landing your 180's and more. You will also be set up for powerslide "to fakie" and 360's and also tire taps to Fakies at parks. These are all Fundamental and easy to bail from clean. Stay loose!

5/3/2008 6:14 PM

unluckyrider wrote: ye im with pago on this, im new at BMXing and i kno how to bunnyhop too... but i dont see how a 180 is easy from there

Well considering I'm newer than both of you, I'm not very good reference but I would suggest finding some grass to start. Go ahead and get a small rolling start or none at all. Lean your head to the side you'd like to 180 towards. Kind of whip your head but not to hard because well it could mess your neck up. Lift the front tire and hop. Kind of a bunny hop with a small rolling start. Just make sure to throw your head into the direction you wish to turn. You may not be able to go all the way around at first but after enough tries and practice, I'm sure you'll get there. The reason I suggest grass is so if you hit it doesn't hurt as bad.

5/3/2008 6:21 PM

180s are easy. just carve turn your head and hop. but the fakie is a different story

pedal harder hop higher and try new stuff this is bmx

5/3/2008 6:35 PM

Fakie's are so fucking easy with brakes! Took me 6 tries, and in both directions. Next day after hours of work I was doing the tire tap to fakie on one side of a four foot box jump. If you are athletic at all you can spin out of a fakie with out tripping on you're bike! 180's can tweek your body and leave you unable to work on FAKIES, MANUALS, BUNNYHOPPING, AND HOPPING ON CURBS INTO MANUALS. I suggest doing those drills even after learning the shit. Just keep hopping higher boxes, and hopping into manuals on higher and higher curbs and ledges. And trust me FAKIES ARE EASY! You don't NEED to 180 in. Thats what the tire tap is for. You don't start out with tiretaps, you can just "reverse gears" keep your weight off the bars and lay her down to one side or the other after you ride backwards for 6-8-10 yards. No high impacts in any of this. Its just fundamental conditioning.

5/3/2008 8:04 PM

90 then 180

-nice bike-

5/3/2008 8:36 PM

lostboys wrote: 180s are easy. just carve turn your head and hop. but the fakie is a different story

Uh, if you do a forwards 180, you will be landing backwards. So it's obviously a good idea to learn how to ride backwards first... Duh. You don't have to be able to ride down a narrow path backwards or anything, just far enough to were you run out of momentum. A fakie is a backwards 180 and the easiest way to ride out of a forwards 180! Do the math, its better to now what to do after you land in a180 before you actually 180! If you add the two together what do you have? hmmmmm? A 360 thats a little under rotated but can still be rode out of smoothly because you were smart and have already been working on you FAKIES.

5/3/2008 8:41 PM

spend as much time on manuals as you can fucking stand!

5/3/2008 8:43 PM

04wildman wrote: spend as much time on manuals as you can fucking stand!

listen to these words, i never learned how to manual good cause it didnt really interest me, so i can only manual maybe 30 feet if im lucky. hahaha

but my 2 friends who learned when they started out can manual almost a half mile, its crazy
just practice everything so you get the feel of them awhile so they seem easier in the future

5/5/2008 12:37 AM

ur next best trik would hella be 2 go up ur fav q.p hop a lil b4 the coping so u do like a fakie disaster and hop again b4 u roll bakwards and turn ur bars swing the bak until u land 180 in the q.p

its the hardest thing to do(make a bmx part that will never brake) but if you got warranty throw it kick it bend it brake it but dont customize it warranty is there for a reason so u can get free things if it brakes

5/5/2008 4:30 AM

up the street from my house is this litttle hill
and i used to ride up the hill and lean back
thats how i learned fakies
i love to do them
although they are very easy

Bikes Make Me Jizz

5/21/2008 9:22 PM

Is it posible to do a bunnyhop X-up?

I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

5/21/2008 9:23 PM

Ep!cBMXer2theCore wrote: Is it posible to do a bunnyhop X-up?

yes
i know people who do them all the time

5/21/2008 9:33 PM

learn ur manuals, later on theyll b useful and try a 180 by bunnyhopin, dont need to get as high as u can, theres time fo that later on

5/22/2008 3:26 AM

just try whips or bakflips or 1080s. na just try 180s. just carve like fuk wen u do it

5/22/2008 3:32 AM

unluckyrider wrote: ye im with pago on this, im new at BMXing and i kno how to bunnyhop too... but i dont see how a 180 is easy from there

start learning how to spin out of a quarter and then when you try to hop and spin first get to 90 degrees andthen 180(focus more on the spin than the hop).
Post a Reply to: what to learn after a bunny hop ?

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm