4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Beginner BMX Skatepark/Street Tricks?

6/17/2014 6:23 PM

Hi, I am sort of new to BMX and can do a few basic tricks but only on street so I guess I'm beginner overall. I have started going to local skatepark more often and just want to know what tricks I should learn there or what stuff I can do there? I can drop in to most things and air some stuff but not high and haven't done any tricks or tried spines/transfers on BMX.

Thats what my skatepark looks like. Not sure if you can get any sort of info from it. Just put Wakefield Thornes Skatepark in Google and some images will come up.

7/9/2014 6:35 AM

Hey bro im new too but if you can just drop in and try to bunny hop onto things

[u]fuck scooters~joshjames and crank to cunt all day errr day

7/9/2014 9:40 PM

im street lol i go to parks every once in awhile but as my town just plain out sucks and wont build a skatepark streets all i got but when i got into bmx i learned how to grind first it was easy after that i learned how to 180 but that took me over a year and i still dont land it sometimes,id say just try to grind boxes and manual and well if you want learn how to 180 out of the bow or just flat after that go for bigger tricks

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...

7/10/2014 2:03 AM

Shadow2 wrote: im street lol i go to parks every once in awhile but as my town just plain out sucks and wont build a skatepark streets all i got but when i got into bmx i learned how to grind first it was easy after that i learned how to 180 but that took me over a year and i still dont land it sometimes,id say just try to grind boxes and manual and well if you want learn how to 180 out of the bow or just flat after that go for bigger tricks

Yeah I think I'm more street myself personally. I can do basics atm. I am trying to learn to manual longer, also fakie as I suck at them at the moment. I can 180 but can't fakie out of it. I can nearly 360 but i always end up tyre tapping most of the time or getting to 270 as I don't lift my back end up as I go around.

I might try grinds but I don't have pegs at the moment. Also learning footjam whips but haven't tried them in awhile, got it around once but didn't dare put my feet back on the bike lol. And bar spins but I don't dare throw bars when bunny hopping but I've tried doing them on grass and it's still scary. Well goodluck with bmxing I think I'm just gonna keep practicing basics until I get them perfect.

7/11/2014 8:54 AM

JannyUK wrote: Yeah I think I'm more street myself personally. I can do basics atm. I am trying to learn to manual longer, also fakie as I suck at them at the moment. I can 180 but can't fakie out of it. I can nearly 360 but i always end up tyre tapping most of the time or getting to 270 as I don't lift my back end up as I go around.

I might try grinds but I don't have pegs at the moment. Also learning footjam whips but haven't tried them in awhile, got it around once but didn't dare put my feet back on the bike lol. And bar spins but I don't dare throw bars when bunny hopping but I've tried doing them on grass and it's still scary. Well goodluck with bmxing I think I'm just gonna keep practicing basics until I get them perfect.

After i posted i noticed the date lol and i just recently took my pegs off my bike looks and feels better now and footjam whips i cant seem to get i put to much pressure on my front tire and it slips and to me barspins are overrated everyone does them and i wont do them cuz last time i tried i smacked the hell out of my calf lol

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...

7/23/2014 11:18 PM

feebles, smiths, double pegs, stalls, tire grabs, seat grabs, find gap options, manual things, 180 gaps, 3 gaps, footplant stuff. tire tap stuff. just look around and try and stuff out man.

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

Post a Reply to: Beginner BMX Skatepark/Street Tricks?

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm