4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Creaking noise when I'm pedaling?

5/2/2014 3:37 PM

So I've asked my friends this question before and they told me it's either my BB or pedals, whenever i'm pedaling, occasionally i hear a creaking, really high pitched almost like a door opening but a lot higher. I know it isn't my pedals, I'm not a hardcore rider and they're new pedals so I wonder if my BB is like collapsing haha

5/3/2014 7:01 AM

I think its the cranks, make sure that each arm has enough spindle, and sit properly.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

5/3/2014 8:13 AM

T-rider wrote: I think its the cranks, make sure that each arm has enough spindle, and sit properly.

they're stock cranks so that might be it, i also have a stock BB so im not sure

5/4/2014 10:21 AM

Tighten your pedals, cranks, sprocket, and if that doesn't fix it ignore it or get a new chain.

Check out my skavenger EL BLAAAAAAAAANCO LOCO!

Subscribe to my youtube channel here

Why do drugs when you can ride BMX?

5/5/2014 12:02 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote: Tighten your pedals, cranks, sprocket, and if that doesn't fix it ignore it or get a new chain.

I will try that, i wouldnt imagine it being my chain, just got it like 3 months ago

5/5/2014 1:29 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote: Tighten your pedals, cranks, sprocket, and if that doesn't fix it ignore it or get a new chain.

RedLenz© wrote: I will try that, i wouldnt imagine it being my chain, just got it like 3 months ago

It could be how the chain is aligned. If the sprocket isn't even with the driver on the hub it causes the chain to move back and forth and make a grinding noise.

Check out my skavenger EL BLAAAAAAAAANCO LOCO!

Subscribe to my youtube channel here

Why do drugs when you can ride BMX?

5/6/2014 12:12 AM

Also, make sure your spindles are greased on your cranks. I used to have a creaking down there and that fixed it up.

5/7/2014 6:28 AM

Joey Cash wrote: Also, make sure your spindles are greased on your cranks. I used to have a creaking down there and that fixed it up.

I'm looking to get new crank arms/spindle soon anyways haha, ill just wait it out

5/7/2014 6:29 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote: It could be how the chain is aligned. If the sprocket isn't even with the driver on the hub it causes the chain to move back and forth and make a grinding noise.

it isn't really a grinding noise, just like a creek

5/9/2014 10:23 PM

This happens all the time with cranks, headsets and the stem. If it is your cranks, just pull it apart quick and put a little grease on all the spacers and inner side if the crank arms. It should stop the creaking. I use White Lightning Clear Grease. Or you could spary it down with some Teflon, just dont get it all over the place. This goes for when you get your new parts, always make sure you grease everything before you put it together, because DRY parts and spacers rubbing together under stress will make creaking sounds.

5/10/2014 5:30 AM

michael.eckhart wrote: This happens all the time with cranks, headsets and the stem. If it is your cranks, just pull it apart quick and put a little grease on all the spacers and inner side if the crank arms. It should stop the creaking. I use White Lightning Clear Grease. Or you could spary it down with some Teflon, just dont get it all over the place. This goes for when you get your new parts, always make sure you grease everything before you put it together, because DRY parts and spacers rubbing together under stress will make creaking sounds.

thanks man

5/10/2014 10:43 AM

grease/oil the spindle
just fixed my neighors problems with creaking with grease

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90
"no one cares you goon i'm practically a girl"-Sickdude/Krooked
shitlist: timedrifter, rxking, crazyclark, _reyesbmx_, thuglifebmxriderz
http://deviantbmxer.blogspot.com/ http://deviantbmxer.blogspot.com/p/forum.html

5/18/2014 4:35 AM

List of problems

Bearings gone in bottom bracket and/or hub
Loose sprocket boss (That was my problem
Crank flex
No grease on spindle, sometimes
Dry bearings

Check this and hit us up if it does not fix them creak.

Latest edit (Check it out) | Anything With Two Wheels Goes!!
"Fuck it and Huck it" -Tomdon

photo bike_zpsb600f46b.jpg

5/18/2014 8:02 AM

Sharpy wrote: List of problems

Bearings gone in bottom bracket and/or hub
Loose sprocket boss (That was my problem
Crank flex
No grease on spindle, sometimes
Dry bearings

Check this and hit us up if it does not fix them creak.

This plus lube everything

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

5/20/2014 9:31 AM

Make sure theres a good amount of spacers on each side of the spindle

5/21/2014 9:22 PM

michael.eckhart wrote: This happens all the time with cranks, headsets and the stem. If it is your cranks, just pull it apart quick and put a little grease on all the spacers and inner side if the crank arms. It should stop the creaking. I use White Lightning Clear Grease. Or you could spary it down with some Teflon, just dont get it all over the place. This goes for when you get your new parts, always make sure you grease everything before you put it together, because DRY parts and spacers rubbing together under stress will make creaking sounds.

Yeah I just greased everything and tightened my cranks and pedals and the problem stoped for me

Bicycle motor-cross Motor bicycle-cross Bicycle cross-motor Motor cross-bicycle!
brands: whatever i can afford GP sk8 park .. Maybe a park rat?

6/23/2014 11:05 AM

is your chain to tight?
Post a Reply to: Creaking noise when I'm pedaling?

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm