4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Does my headset look on right?

7/4/2014 3:27 PM

Everything works great and it spins as fast as always but is there suppose to be this gap like this?
I put it down as far as I could.

7/7/2014 1:15 PM

Mine looks like that and works fine its a wtp headset with a pro-lite cap

BORN FAST ish

7/7/2014 1:16 PM

unless you mean your stem that looks wrong

BORN FAST ish

7/13/2014 8:44 PM

Running the stem like that is gonna be a bad time.
I'd pull that spacer. Maybe use one half that large or the stem is gonna let go brutally just going off a curb!

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

7/28/2014 7:57 PM

it's 'right' with regards to your spacer alignment, if that's what you mean (ie, the gap between the top of your head-tube and the 'race' thing [lol dunno what they're called])...
if you mean the entirety of it, then hell no, your stem is wayyy high on your fork's steerer tube, i mean scary high and i'd def second Boston in that the thing doesn't even look safe (just look at your 1st pic: your fork's steerer tube is only about halfway into that stem. If you want that to be safe, you need a new fork w/ a longer steerer tube, or, much more practical, just ditch that spacer so you can put the stem down further on your steerer tube. W/o putting my ruler to my screen, it does look like removing that spacer will be more than sufficient to give you all the stem:steerer contact needed... hell, it may be too much and require you to either chop the steerer tube further, or use a smaller spacer than the one you have there right now. Either way plz don't ride that, even gently/carefully, cuz just 'not breaking it' isn't useful I know i'd be uncomfortable knowing my stem was stressed like that being only half-connected and then force being applied, even just a cruise-ride's amount of force)

7/29/2014 12:00 AM

ehh youre probably good.

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

7/30/2014 4:02 PM

you're wrong. Not only is it dumb to have only half the strength of contact your stem/steer-tube are designed to have, but when it's hanging half off the top like that the stress isn't evenly distributed to the stem.

Post a Reply to: Does my headset look on right?

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm