4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Flat 360 Help

7/5/2012 8:41 PM

I've been trying to learn bunnyhop 3s on flat for a while now, and not being able to do them is starting to frustrate me. I can usually get the full 360 degrees of rotation but not before my back wheel touches the ground. I usually get between 180 and 270 then my back wheel hits. I've watched a few YouTube videos where people say to suck your back end up, but I don't really know how to do that. I'm not sure what to do with my body to get the back higher. I've pretty much only tried them on flat with a few attempts on a ramp at a skatepark. I'm not sure if I should try to learn them off a ramp/bank first or on flat. Any help about avoiding tire taps or anything else would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Refs: element4all, kroller

7/5/2012 9:03 PM

What they mean by sucking up is to bend your knees. But I learned them on a pyramid and I got them dialed in a day flat

7/12/2012 6:52 PM

mine arent perfect but if you tuck your knees up as if your trying to do a high hop and it usually comes round. also, tucking forward towards the bars moves your (centre of gravity? axis?) forward and speeds up the rotation.

7/12/2012 9:45 PM

CharlieWalsh wrote: mine arent perfect but if you tuck your knees up as if your trying to do a high hop and it usually comes round. also, tucking forward towards the bars moves your (centre of gravity? axis?) forward and speeds up the rotation.

When I pull my knees up to my butt should I extend my arms out to compensate or not?

Refs: element4all, kroller

7/13/2012 6:37 AM

SIRE wrote: When I pull my knees up to my butt should I extend my arms out to compensate or not?

yer. like i said, just tuck up as if your doing a high hop so i guess u would etend ur arms to compensate

7/14/2012 8:45 PM

keep your head turned and spot your landing

I ride a: Cult
why do I ride?:peer pressure

11/14/2012 1:22 PM

everyones threes are different in the way they do them, what i do is i lean over my bars a lot and the more forward i lean before i do the three the higher i can tuck in the back wheel.....thats atleast how i do them

11/24/2012 9:27 AM

If you havent gotten them yet, this is what I did. I first learned them to fakies on a hill, then I took them to a jump. I just decided to try them flat one day and I got them pretty quickly. They are easier than you think.

Refs: FreddyDapice, Skids007, siege eh

Post a Reply to: Flat 360 Help

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm