4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Half Cabs

7/2/2014 3:12 PM

OK , first , I can 180 flat , flyout , on and off things almost 100% of the time. With a coaster , I've been trying half cabs off things and on flat surfaces I get them all the time.

With curbs , there is a mental factor of doing a 180 going BACKWARDS off something....like I was spooked to even cab off a curb. It's the "drop" the makes it spooky. I can get some lines going on , but I've been trying to 180 onto a ledge height circle/boobie thing at the park , maybe 2 bike lengths long. I can NOT muster up the balls to cab off it , simply from the fact it's off something and I'm basically timing the hop mentally as I don't look. I managed to get a whimpy half-assed - half cab (haha) but myback tire cased and I almost supermaned my ballsack into my tire-frame. It's higher than a curb but not much , so why is it I'm a pussy haha. It's shitty !

I don't really carve into my halfcabs , I just kinda 180 back to normal. Should I carve into them? When I do , I get noticeably higher from a better hop , but I get unbalanced in air and often put my foot down.

Is it just because the drop factor is why i'm being a bitch? I do NOT want to go cab right when my tire drops and get thrown off my bike like a horse , or go to cab but case and land all fucked up. Carve into it or not?

Deadline Motherfucker

Check out my STOLEN whip here

7/8/2014 4:10 PM

Do it slower. Sometimes speed causes problems like that.

Do it slow enough to barely clear the ledge. Also try just a fakie hop off it.

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

Post a Reply to: Half Cabs

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm