4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Half Cabs

7/2/2014 3:12 PM

OK , first , I can 180 flat , flyout , on and off things almost 100% of the time. With a coaster , I've been trying half cabs off things and on flat surfaces I get them all the time.

With curbs , there is a mental factor of doing a 180 going BACKWARDS off something....like I was spooked to even cab off a curb. It's the "drop" the makes it spooky. I can get some lines going on , but I've been trying to 180 onto a ledge height circle/boobie thing at the park , maybe 2 bike lengths long. I can NOT muster up the balls to cab off it , simply from the fact it's off something and I'm basically timing the hop mentally as I don't look. I managed to get a whimpy half-assed - half cab (haha) but myback tire cased and I almost supermaned my ballsack into my tire-frame. It's higher than a curb but not much , so why is it I'm a pussy haha. It's shitty !

I don't really carve into my halfcabs , I just kinda 180 back to normal. Should I carve into them? When I do , I get noticeably higher from a better hop , but I get unbalanced in air and often put my foot down.

Is it just because the drop factor is why i'm being a bitch? I do NOT want to go cab right when my tire drops and get thrown off my bike like a horse , or go to cab but case and land all fucked up. Carve into it or not?

Puberty hit Hermoine like a bus...

#Lacehubsnotweed

Check out my whip here

7/8/2014 4:10 PM

Do it slower. Sometimes speed causes problems like that.

Do it slow enough to barely clear the ledge. Also try just a fakie hop off it.

When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same, out there for the fun of it, the challenge of progression, and the personal accountability we have for the results we get. There are no teams to let down, no coaches to scream about a missed pedal, and no obstacles that cannot be overcome.

Post a Reply to: Half Cabs

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm