4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

How to bunny-hop?

12/22/2012 3:27 PM

pick-up your front tire by pulling up on your bars
pick-up your back tire by scooping your legs back and pushing your bars forward
Any other tips because I can't pick-up the back side at all I've bin trying to do it for 2 months my bike is like 29 pounds does that matter?

12/23/2012 3:59 PM

Weight dosn't matter really. I think its better to learn with a heavy bike so by the time you get a light bike you can hop really high! Just practice hopping up curbs and small stair sets. Thats what I did and now I can hop up loading docks and six stairs.

12/23/2012 11:39 PM

Dakota_Donaldson wrote: Weight dosn't matter really. I think its better to learn with a heavy bike so by the time you get a light bike you can hop really high! Just practice hopping up curbs and small stair sets. Thats what I did and now I can hop up loading docks and six stairs.

How long did it take you to learn em?

12/24/2012 11:58 AM

I was able to bunny hop pretty quick but that's because I practiced a lot. When you try and bunny hop, try not to have a lot of pressure on the pedals and after you get that down, focus on tucking the bike so your back tire hits you in the ass. That way you can hop really high.

12/25/2012 4:51 PM

2 months? Shit dude, I learned how to hop in like a hour. Try to practice leaning back when lifting the bars and leaning forward over the bars when you scoop your legs up. Do this slowly over like a rock or something, front wheel then back wheel over, this will probably help out with your 29 pound bike. Once your used to it and get a good feel put the two motions together fast and you will eventually get it. but to get maximum hop you don't lean back over the bars you centre yourself and try to get the back tire to hit your ass.

12/25/2012 6:41 PM

Legit

Oscar5788,Scramhype,SuperstarDK,Howlerfbm,AlexDanielP,KilledGlamour,notorious NIG

1/9/2013 7:45 AM

How do you get higher jumps ?

1/9/2013 5:28 PM

KidMunnko wrote: How do you get higher jumps ?

Practice. U need to challenge urself by having something to actually jump over or on to. gradually increase the height of the obstacle when it gets too easy. It becomes more natural to u the more u do it.

1/9/2013 6:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/9/2013 6:12 PM

And wear a goddamn helmet in case you come to faceplanting. Almost happened so close to me trying to hop a 3 foot tall tree stump.

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

Post a Reply to: How to bunny-hop?

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm