4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Need Help With J-Hops

5/3/2013 8:14 PM

I need help. Whenever I go for a J-Hop I end up doing a bunnyhop but lifting the back a little more.

5/3/2013 8:23 PM

wut do?

You probably know more than me.
M8.

5/3/2013 8:29 PM

This puts me in a strange position. Aren't they the same thing dude? I mean, a hop is a hop.

The winners guide to tricks: Tuck-it, huck-it, or fuck-it!

My music:http://fxaudiorage.bandcamp.com/

5/4/2013 11:10 AM

I hate it so much when kids say J-Hop. It's a bunny hop. It would be one thing to call it a J-Hop or a Bunny Hop but to say that they are different things is one of my biggest pet peeves

Anderson IN

5/4/2013 7:52 PM

alright first start small attemp to manual and then at your highest pioint ( witch will probibly be a couple inches for you ) just try to push your bars foward and your body and kick back with your legs . at first you will land front tire thats ok then eventualy when you get your front tire higher start to do more of a scoop and compress in your legs and slowly you will get a good jhop it took me about a month to learn a good one but it pays of in the end

5/7/2013 2:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/8/2013 2:38 PM

loudsilence96 wrote: I hate it so much when kids say J-Hop. It's a bunny hop. It would be one thing to call it a J-Hop or a Bunny Hop but to say that they are different things is one of my biggest pet peeves

Mine too but when you live in a town of riders who are retards except one or two it gets to you and I didn't know how people here would be. They say there is a difference but I was confused.

5/7/2013 3:35 PM

*Kids playing a game of bike* Ok...trick set! *2nd kid does a hop* You get a B, stated the 1st kid. What?! I did a bronco and landed it, yelled the second kid. I did a j-hop dude...you're such a poser. I need someone who I can actually play against...whateves...I'm gonna go practice my bunnyhops now, uttered the 1st kid. *The second kid watches as the 1st kid struggles to ride away on his bike with Perfect 10s and a slammed seat*

The winners guide to tricks: Tuck-it, huck-it, or fuck-it!

My music:http://fxaudiorage.bandcamp.com/

5/8/2013 2:36 PM

ha

6/18/2013 3:58 PM

loudsilence96 wrote: I hate it so much when kids say J-Hop. It's a bunny hop. It would be one thing to call it a J-Hop or a Bunny Hop but to say that they are different things is one of my biggest pet peeves

My thought exactly! Its even worse when you try to explain its the same thing and is and always has been called a bunny hop and some scooter kid rolls up and argues with you like we only ride bikes but dont know anything about the sport.

6/23/2013 7:55 PM

chad88 wrote: alright first start small attemp to manual and then at your highest pioint ( witch will probibly be a couple inches for you ) just try to push your bars foward and your body and kick back with your legs . at first you will land front tire thats ok then eventualy when you get your front tire higher start to do more of a scoop and compress in your legs and slowly you will get a good jhop it took me about a month to learn a good one but it pays of in the end

I just started riding this year, and I can definitely say this is a very good explanation. It also helps (in my opinion) if you are jumping over or onto something rather than doing bunnyhops flat.

Aw, yisss.

6/25/2013 10:05 AM

you gneed to practice your lmnop hops. Arm strength is helpful in control front wheel liftoff.

In midschool bike rides you.

10/3/2013 5:34 AM

A bunny hop is when both tires leave the ground at the same time all in one move. a j hop is a two part hop, first the front tire lifts then the rear

10/11/2013 7:06 PM

HAR0PRO83 wrote: A bunny hop is when both tires leave the ground at the same time all in one move. a j hop is a two part hop, first the front tire lifts then the rear

No your wrong a bunny hop is front tire first then back it always has been.......where did this retarded J hop shit come from

10/11/2013 7:09 PM

HAR0PRO83 wrote: A bunny hop is when both tires leave the ground at the same time all in one move. a j hop is a two part hop, first the front tire lifts then the rear

eskimojay wrote: No your wrong a bunny hop is front tire first then back it always has been.......where did this retarded J hop shit come from

YES!!!! Finally.... Thank you. Im not the only one......

10/12/2013 11:09 PM

Im about to slap someone

My Whip Fresher Than Fresh Fruits And Vegetables

10/14/2013 3:06 PM

It's a bloody bunny hop people, you lift the front tire off the ground, reach your peak tilt your feet towards the ground and push forward thus lifting the back wheels off the ground and making yourself look awesome.
now what the hell is a j hop and where did it come from

The first breath is the beginning of death

12/18/2013 4:29 PM

No such thing as a "J-hop." 'Nough said

3/19/2014 7:50 PM

jamiespadina wrote: It's a bloody bunny hop people, you lift the front tire off the ground, reach your peak tilt your feet towards the ground and push forward thus lifting the back wheels off the ground and making yourself look awesome.
now what the hell is a j hop and where did it come from

It kind of seems like a regional thing to me. Like soda vs pop

3/20/2014 5:36 PM

bmxguy3 wrote: I need help. Whenever I go for a J-Hop I end up doing a bunnyhop but lifting the back a little more.

What you need to do is stretch out the "pulling-up" process. You're likely pulling up for a split second, then bringing the bike forward too soon, which results in the bike coming too far forward. Ultimately when you do a good bunny hop there are 3 motions. First you lean back/pull up and jump up into the air, next you wait for that moment of weightlessness, and you time your tuck with that, so that the peak of your tuck comes at that mid-point of your hop. Lastly, as you start to descend you need to extend your legs and prepare to absorb your landing.

Hope this helps dude!

3/30/2014 8:22 PM

hella funny.

HEAVY bikes METAL music

4/5/2014 6:00 PM

What is a jhop is a jhop a bunny hop

2013 Fit Inman 2

4/17/2014 9:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2014 9:14 AM

Fuck off with the j hop shit it doesn't exist

Saying j hop might be the only thing dumber then people calling rock walks g turns

6/30/2014 11:01 AM

lol, that's how i understood it - and you live in the nxt town over from me..
Post a Reply to: Need Help With J-Hops

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm