4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Need help with crappy cassette hub

6/22/2014 9:19 PM

Alright so i got this rim that came stock on some of the older kinks like the launch, its a pbr with a mission function unsealed cassette hub. This rim was takn apart and all the bearings got put into a coffee can full of bearings and iv tried so many different combinations to get this rim to work but it will not work. When I put it on the bike after rebuilding it jus pops and creeks like crazy, does anyone know what size ball bearings go in which cup? Casette works fine btw PLease help I want to ride so f**king bad and this rim is the only thing stopping me!

6/23/2014 10:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/23/2014 10:33 PM

First mistake was mixing ball bearings.. But honestly, smaller ball bearings usually go on the inner side of the unsealed drivers. Save up for a sealed hub, at least semi-sealed. And use as much grease as possible with these, except on the pawls. And tighten the cones just enough.

Most up-to-date/latest bike check.

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

6/26/2014 10:21 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote: First mistake was mixing ball bearings.. But honestly, smaller ball bearings usually go on the inner side of the unsealed drivers. Save up for a sealed hub, at least semi-sealed. And use as much grease as possible with these, except on the pawls. And tighten the cones just enough.

Small bearings on driver side, a TON of grease and she works like a dream Thanks!
Post a Reply to: Need help with crappy cassette hub

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm