4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Tricks

9/15/2013 7:28 PM

What are some tricks you guys want to see How-Tos for?

And be serious, I don't want you guys to say "900 triple whip to manual to 180s" etc. I am talking legit, doable tricks that you struggle with.

Let's get a good list going and check them off as we get them done. Does anyone want to volunteer to either write up or film a few? I was thinking if we get say 5 riders of varying skill level, we could each tackle a few moves with our own style and go from there, creating a huge grouping of how tos for newer riders. Thoughts?

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

9/15/2013 7:35 PM

I'd like to see a how to from your good self on truckdrivers like you mentioned in that other thread, that would be sweet.

Also see if you can get sickdude to do a 180 tutorial lol

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

9/15/2013 7:51 PM

dave lawrence wrote: What are some tricks you guys want to see How-Tos for?

And be serious, I don't want you guys to say "900 triple whip to manual to 180s" etc. I am talking legit, doable tricks that you struggle with.

Let's get a good list going and check them off as we get them done. Does anyone want to volunteer to either write up or film a few? I was thinking if we get say 5 riders of varying skill level, we could each tackle a few moves with our own style and go from there, creating a huge grouping of how tos for newer riders. Thoughts?

Agreed Dave. It may be a good idea to include suggested tricks/techniques that should be learned before attempting as well. For instance, you should probably have fakies dialed before attempting FLAT 180s, etc.

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

9/17/2013 11:18 PM

Damn, I thought there'd be more feedback on this. Dave has a great idea here. Sure, if you look long enough on this site and others along with youtube, you'll probably find the how-to's you're looking for, but this is an opportunity for a fresh perspective. Since I'm still a beginner at "freestyle," I'd like to see something on wall rides, not just taps on walls that I see many amateurs do.

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

9/19/2013 12:42 AM

i could do a hop whip and 360 tailwhip one if you wanted. maybe a few others too if there was enough interest

9/21/2013 9:18 PM

I want to learn simple tricks you can do without ramps or flatland skills. stuff that you just wouldnt think about,but nothing too 80s. I feel like all I do is 180s cuz theres nothing to ride for miles.

In midschool bike rides you.

10/20/2013 2:37 AM

Go do the rails in Mountain Home, Andy!

10/20/2013 2:42 AM

I'm going to start doing some how to videos with some simple illustrations to show the correct angles, body position, etc. Here's my first one on barspins:

10/20/2013 8:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/20/2013 8:19 PM

O_o seems like a good idea... Although not sure how many people would participate in it.

10/30/2013 7:45 PM

how to suicide no hander

Jade Bike Check
Refs : ninjacat33 ; SuperstarDk ; ecuadevil ; xbikeascammer ;blizzbikes ; tcbmx ; mattjmuldoon@hotmail ;bmx ; Uoykcuf ; BrokenBmx, the balt; Pavimo; bmx-junkie; Fit.Team.Rider' tito24; trentydoo; brendan.magner.9 ;Scramhype ; Jonathan.Vargas ; jared42069; tomdon ; lifeofridden2200; howlerfbm

11/1/2013 9:26 PM

would love to see a how to on bar bar's and tailwhips

just huck it

11/4/2013 4:39 PM

Caelum Persson wrote: i could do a hop whip and 360 tailwhip one if you wanted. maybe a few others too if there was enough interest

It would be sweet if you could make a 360 tailwhip one! I am so close to them I can catch the pedals but come up short on the 360. If you don't make the how to could you just give me some tips on how to get the extra rotation?

11/4/2013 9:51 PM

Caelum Persson wrote: i could do a hop whip and 360 tailwhip one if you wanted. maybe a few others too if there was enough interest

ajohn15 wrote: It would be sweet if you could make a 360 tailwhip one! I am so close to them I can catch the pedals but come up short on the 360. If you don't make the how to could you just give me some tips on how to get the extra rotation?

i find underrotating happens most when you dont get enough flick off the ramp, i always notice if i dont twist my body and ehad really hard i dont get em, maybe give that a try.

12/9/2013 3:13 PM

Downside footplants are sweet but I cant do em, 360 no footed can seat grabs look so sweet, vadar foot jams, nose dive 360, 360 down whips, supermans, bar hops, opo whips

BearHunt98

12/14/2013 3:21 PM

720s would be nice to learn haven't seen a how to on those yet

12/14/2013 6:17 PM

what about a general one about how to ride dirt sets?
its getting fucking annoying when 10 year olds roll over our sets and destroy the lips
just basics like how to fall, hit them in general, not overshoot, dip the front end, get air, pump and carry speed would be awesome
also, trails are fun and a lot of people have access to them, but are scared to hit them

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
"no one cares you goon i'm practically a girl"-Sickdude/Krooked
shitlist: timedrifter, rxking, crazyclark, _reyesbmx_, thuglifebmxriderz
http://deviantbmxer.blogspot.com/ http://deviantbmxer.blogspot.com/p/forum.html

12/17/2013 12:45 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote: what about a general one about how to ride dirt sets?
its getting fucking annoying when 10 year olds roll over our sets and destroy the lips
just basics like how to fall, hit them in general, not overshoot, dip the front end, get air, pump and carry speed would be awesome
also, trails are fun and a lot of people have access to them, but are scared to hit them

scared of heights in genral for some reason..lol

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...

Post a Reply to: Tricks

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm