4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

rear hub/driver issues. need help!!

8/18/2014 7:29 PM

Everyone loves to have a dialed bike, correct? Well I can't seem to get my hub to be "perfect". Its either loose and wobbly, or too tight! There's no "in the middle" for it.
I've tried countless times. When I want it " perfect", I dont tighten my bolts too tight.

For example: when I don't want it to wabble, I tighten the bolts on just to the point where it can't wabble, but not too tight for it. But it seems to be to tight! I would spin the wheel and it moves the whole drive system, but if I stop the cranks to let the wheel coast, it either stops completely, or slows down immediately and stops no matter which way it spins. And if I even if I were to attepmt to ride it like that (which I don't) when it coast the cranks wabble forward/backward and I get virtually nowhere. Suggestions??

8/26/2014 6:43 AM

Hub bearings going bad? Rubbing brakes or tire?

If it works when you pedal is it stiff to pedal?

I would bet your bearings are going out. Does it make a grinding sound when tight/loose when rolling with you on it?

Spin it BY HAND not on the bike, hold the axle. What happens? Does it feel gritty?

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

10/10/2014 9:30 PM

Driver bearings are most likely blown

Bike Shop Employed
5107766739 is my #

Post a Reply to: rear hub/driver issues. need help!!

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm