4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Offical Headphones Thread

3/16/2014 5:14 PM

To listen to music you have to have good equipment ; earphones , headphones , speakers.

In ear headphones I recommend !

JVC XX. 40$ , better bass than any other headphone on the market , lasted a year
Encase Reflex. 50$ , clean/low profile , look amazing , well rounded sound. Just got them.

In ear I don't suggest !

Panasonic. Just in general are shit. Paid 60$ and they broke in 3 months from casual wear.
Apple earphones , I just hate them because they never fit and I blow out the speakers.

I know a fair bit about musical devices , such as features, trends , design , etc.

If you're biking I'd keep your ipod in your front pocket , it keeps the cable more straight and this helps prevent the jack from malfunctioning due to poor connection. Also , try find earphone with L shaped jacks , they are more durable and if you drop it on the jack they'll last better than normal I shaped ones. Keep your cable IN your shirt and body and let them droop on to your shirt ; they'll never get tangled on anything like your bars or hands. If your riding with a hoodie keep it between your shirt and hoodie.

Just trying to help out ! I like music and good quality headphones really make the difference ! I'll try to update this if I get more reviews. Feel free to add !

My fucking bikes got stolen so I'm fucked in the ass by Sickdudes gonerria cock.

Check out my STOLEN whip here

3/17/2014 9:01 AM

Well i always recommend skull candies because they always have lifetime warranty and they're always cool about it

THOU SHALL NOT COMMIT SKOOTERY
Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90
text me323.245.2827

3/17/2014 9:26 AM

i just have an old ccs hoodie that has a spot for headphone speakers in the hood. same with my skullcandy hat. works good enough

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

3/17/2014 2:33 PM

My skull candys were nice until my dog ate them lol.
I have jvc ha x101 r something like that now, their bass is good, good headphones if you ask me for 21$.
I used to have sony mdr ex37b, i bought them for 30euro, about 42$. REALLY good headphones, they sound amazanly good, but i lost them . They were really confortable aswell.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/19/2014 1:13 PM

Sound Magic PL11
Cheap and fucking awesome

3/20/2014 10:07 PM

Audio-Technica ATH-M50. Best thing you'll ever buy.

Insta: @thenoahrolf Email: noahrolf@rocketmail.com
Refs: Hatebreeder Phone: 913 594 9213
Bike Check

3/23/2014 4:10 AM

So far the only ones I've really used were JVC riptidz, current biking headphones. I go through a pair about every 6-7 months. I like the sound, decent base, and sweat resistant is a nice touch too. What I hate is they have an l shaped plug. Plus they're like $7-8 shipped.

I used Panasonic RPHJE120K, they lasted 2 months of casually use, and I never biked with them. Wouldn't recommend.

Stock Samsung (S3 version) earbuds lasted about 3-4 months with biking use, I was pretty surprised. Then the S4 ones lasted around 2.5 months with bike use.

Sony MDR-J10 H lasted me about a year of biking/running/jogging use. Nice but uncomfortable, maybe of my ears?, and no bass.

Sony MDR-AS20J current running headphones/sometimes biking, much more comfortable, nice sound too. Would recommend.

I've never used skullcandy, is it really nice/durable? I head people like the bass but how's the durability? Also on the look for some nice decent L shaped plug headphones. Anyone know?

3/25/2014 10:18 AM

Fearthepeople wrote: So far the only ones I've really used were JVC riptidz, current biking headphones. I go through a pair about every 6-7 months. I like the sound, decent base, and sweat resistant is a nice touch too. What I hate is they have an l shaped plug. Plus they're like $7-8 shipped.

I used Panasonic RPHJE120K, they lasted 2 months of casually use, and I never biked with them. Wouldn't recommend.

Stock Samsung (S3 version) earbuds lasted about 3-4 months with biking use, I was pretty surprised. Then the S4 ones lasted around 2.5 months with bike use.

Sony MDR-J10 H lasted me about a year of biking/running/jogging use. Nice but uncomfortable, maybe of my ears?, and no bass.

Sony MDR-AS20J current running headphones/sometimes biking, much more comfortable, nice sound too. Would recommend.

I've never used skullcandy, is it really nice/durable? I head people like the bass but how's the durability? Also on the look for some nice decent L shaped plug headphones. Anyone know?

My skullcandys inkd 2 were nice, lasted 2 months until my dog ate the lol

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/26/2014 4:08 PM

I was told by a London Drugs assiocate in technology to AVOID Skullcandy headphones. That's why I got the Panasonic headphones , which sucked.

My fucking bikes got stolen so I'm fucked in the ass by Sickdudes gonerria cock.

3/28/2014 3:41 PM

Fail^

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/29/2014 6:14 PM

I use the Skull-candy titan headphones they have been working really well, they have great sound quality and are really durable since they are metal instead of plastic. I've been using them for a year which I'm surprised they have lasted that long because usually I buy the Skull-candy smoking buds but those usually last weeks to two months. Plus Skull-candy offers a warranty so I'm definitely getting another pair of titans.

Nothing like a Good day of Digging and Riding

3/30/2014 12:46 PM

they are expensive.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

4/3/2014 8:10 PM

Bose released a new model of headphones , dubbed "Freestyle". They look amazing and feature a skateboarder and bmxer. Check it up !

4/4/2014 9:50 PM

Added : 3$ "Ifrogz" headphones. Purchased at the dollar store. Sleek design and have good sound for cheap headphones ; good for riders on budgets or dont want to break 50$ + headphones riding. They fit pretty good too.

4/29/2014 4:49 PM

Skull candy makes good headphones.
That said, my favorites are Sol Republics V10's. Phenomenal sound for the money, absolutely kick the shit out of Beats which are anywhere from 50 to 100 dollars more. If you're an audiophile, check em out. They will not disappoint.

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

4/29/2014 10:22 PM

boston wrote: Skull candy makes good headphones.
That said, my favorites are Sol Republics V10's. Phenomenal sound for the money, absolutely kick the shit out of Beats which are anywhere from 50 to 100 dollars more. If you're an audiophile, check em out. They will not disappoint.

I heard they're good. I also know Street by 50 (cent) are about the same quality and significantly cheaper than beats.

BTW. Monster makes earphones / headphones with the EXACT same features as beats. Same driver , amplitude , everything. You're paying 70$ extra for a red cable and a b logo on beats.

4/30/2014 4:58 PM

No offense to dr. Dre, but unless you're obsessed with bass, and don't care about the upper registers, beats SUCK.
And I dunno, I'll check out the Streets. Took me two months of research before I settled on the Sol Republics. Tried everything up into the 300 dollar range before I settled on em. Lol.

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

5/4/2014 11:20 AM

Don't get sharper image headphones.

I've gone through three pairs in about two weeks and i dont evem use them to ride just when walking around

THOU SHALL NOT COMMIT SKOOTERY
Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90
text me323.245.2827

5/18/2014 9:06 PM

I use skull candy right now.. My sol republic v8 track blew out.. they had amazing bass.. My skull have lasted for about a year now and great sound for 10$ lol..

Bicycle motor-cross Motor bicycle-cross Bicycle cross-motor Motor cross-bicycle!
brands: whatever i can afford GP sk8 park .. Maybe a park rat?

6/29/2014 8:30 PM

The dollar store ones broke but for 2$ they lasted months. Probaly might scoop up Bose Freestyles next but that'd be an expensive set.

New Beats By Dre Solo Squared (2) and Beats By Dre Powerbeats Squared (2) came out. The new powerbeats look SICK but seems like a rip off of Jay Bluebirds X headphones

6/29/2014 10:59 PM

Went to a flea market and bought Beats earphones that are normally $40-$50 for $10. I am happy to have them but they fall out of my ears.

I don't even listen to music while I ride anymore because I can't find earphones that stay in my ears! I've tried Skully Candy smokin' buds, (yes I got rasta ones because my swaq tank needed refilled) these Beats that I got, The older Apple ones, Some cheap Sony ones, and I believe the other pair were RCV or RVC's? I'm not sure but they stayed in sorta well but still fell out pretty easily.

Bike Check
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

6/30/2014 9:25 PM

Stocksy wrote: Went to a flea market and bought Beats earphones that are normally $40-$50 for $10. I am happy to have them but they fall out of my ears.

I don't even listen to music while I ride anymore because I can't find earphones that stay in my ears! I've tried Skully Candy smokin' buds, (yes I got rasta ones because my swaq tank needed refilled) these Beats that I got, The older Apple ones, Some cheap Sony ones, and I believe the other pair were RCV or RVC's? I'm not sure but they stayed in sorta well but still fell out pretty easily.

Get some Yurbuds from walmart or amazon. they are 30 bucks. dont fall out of my ears and they have amazing sound quality.

"You should actually ride so the sticker would get beaten up after time, if you think it's so cool" - Butterynoza
"Looking good man. Now lets see you riding it." - TheMerged
R.I.P Sickdude ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

7/7/2014 10:46 PM

The pair I was using , called like Ethnic or some shit , totally forgot , they were like 50$.... ummhmm.....idk. Well my ipod dropped and the headphonejack snapped and the metal but was stuck in the ipod but thte cable was ripped out LOL

Bought "Black Web" headphones for 25$ and out of the box they are pretty good ! Noticeably lower quality then higher priced models but they feel rigid and pretty quality based plastic and it has a tangle free cable ! Plus it included a carrying case , rare accessory at the 25$ price tag !

7/8/2014 3:20 PM

MY FUCKING BEATS DIED THE OTHER DAY. I have large, over the ear SkullCandies and the old Apple one's now, that's it. This sucks.

Bike Check
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)

7/9/2014 3:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/9/2014 3:58 PM

Black Web headphone jack is acting up , probaly gonna return it and buy a different pair #lame. Probaly will just buy the Bose Freestyle tbh but they cost a fuckload of money !

Bought the new Judas Priest album , Redeemer Of Souls , and it's fucking sick classic heavy metal , also got 3 Bob Marley CD's because I need to chill on and off the bike ! Also , got an Itunes card but I forgot my Apple ID questions for security so they need to phone me to let me use it XD I'll be buying some Kanye West music though.

@Stocksy Beats are fucking garbage but if you got them for 40$ they were 100000% fake

7/11/2014 7:24 PM

Returned the Black Web headphones and bought JVC XX Premium headphones . for 10$ more than the standard 40$ you get a carrying case and a better driver. The OG ones were the best headphones I've ever owned , so the fact that I got them again should mean that JVC is probaly , on my opinion , the best sound company for the price.

7/12/2014 8:53 PM

A homie left some Samsung earbuds in my riding bag and he is on vacation so I have been using them. I am not riding with them because I don't want to break them but I want to get myself a pair. They are really nice! He said he got them with his S5. Anyone else use these?

Bike Check
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)

7/15/2014 12:06 AM

Samsung makes pretty good stuff my mom has a Tab 3 and I might buy a S4 but not sure.Got a TV too

Post a Reply to: Offical Headphones Thread

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm