4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

ska

3/1/2014 9:37 PM

Point me towards some good punk rock/ska bands with lots of trumpet. And in English. It seems Mexico has I liking towards ska.......

3/1/2014 9:50 PM

I'll prob get shit on for this but how about: Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Reel Big Fish, Skankin Pickle, Suicide Machines, Mustard Plug, Catch 22, Operation Ivy (not really brass heavy though)....these are some but I personally don't listen to the stuff. Oh, and Screechin' Weasel.

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

3/2/2014 11:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/2/2014 11:49 AM

Less Than Jake
Suicide Machines
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Streetlight Manifesto
Operation Ivy
Reel Big Fish
Goldfinger
Shaken 69
Catch 22
Big D and The Kids Table
Citizen Fish
Slapstick
Voodoo Glow Skulls
The Scholars
Against All Authority
Bomb The Music Industry
The Arrogant Sons of Bitches
Farse
Fuzigish
The OC Supertones
Skankin Pickle
Suburban Legends
Los Kung Fu Monkeys

My favorite Ska bands. Some label NOFX and Rancid as Ska, I don't personally but still a good listen.

30+ refs check profile.



"I like chicks that look like Ronald Reagan"- Chris

3/2/2014 4:42 PM

Five Iron Frenzy

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
"Life's a pizza. Eat it."
-Gary Ginch
"omg u own a truck and drive boots let me fuck you"
-xxOhioanxx
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid
#cantbancollin
#savefastplants
#hungandsexless
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

3/3/2014 12:42 AM

all crack rock steady and such... idk man, use google and the tube of yoube


and daycare swindlers

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

3/4/2014 9:38 PM

Four wrote: Less Than Jake
Suicide Machines
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Streetlight Manifesto
Operation Ivy
Reel Big Fish
Goldfinger
Shaken 69
Catch 22
Big D and The Kids Table
Citizen Fish
Slapstick
Voodoo Glow Skulls
The Scholars
Against All Authority
Bomb The Music Industry
The Arrogant Sons of Bitches
Farse
Fuzigish
The OC Supertones
Skankin Pickle
Suburban Legends
Los Kung Fu Monkeys

My favorite Ska bands. Some label NOFX and Rancid as Ska, I don't personally but still a good listen.

NOFX. I HAVE THEIR ENTIRE SELF-ENTITLED ALBUM BOUGHT AND DOWNLOADED. SO MUCH YES. Fanboy-gasm

3/4/2014 10:11 PM

I wouldn't label NOFX as ska either. It is rare, but you will hear a trumpet from now and then such as on "Bob," "Bugley Eyes," or "Drop the World". They're definitely punk though. I met them back in '97 in Milwaukee and they were complete assholes lol! They reluctantly signed my shirt. They were my favorite band years ago before I got more into hardcore and metal. Rancid is ska though. Not all ska has to have a brass section. Their riffs are very ska-driven with all the upstrumming on the guitars.

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

3/4/2014 10:29 PM

Madtown608 wrote: I wouldn't label NOFX as ska either. It is rare, but you will hear a trumpet from now and then such as on "Bob," "Bugley Eyes," or "Drop the World". They're definitely punk though. I met them back in '97 in Milwaukee and they were complete assholes lol! They reluctantly signed my shirt. They were my favorite band years ago before I got more into hardcore and metal. Rancid is ska though. Not all ska has to have a brass section. Their riffs are very ska-driven with all the upstrumming on the guitars.

Hahah yeah I've heard the dudes from NOFX can be dicks. That's pretty rad though! I get what you're saying, I dunno I guess I never really connected Rancid to ska but I definitely can hear an influence maybe the lack of brass just throws me off haha. Good shit for sure though.

30+ refs check profile.



"I like chicks that look like Ronald Reagan"- Chris

3/4/2014 10:30 PM

biggybuggy wrote: NOFX. I HAVE THEIR ENTIRE SELF-ENTITLED ALBUM BOUGHT AND DOWNLOADED. SO MUCH YES. Fanboy-gasm

Hahah awesome! Good stuff.

30+ refs check profile.



"I like chicks that look like Ronald Reagan"- Chris

3/5/2014 1:00 PM

Rancid-Life wont wait. You're welcome

"The Miranda chick likes Wal-Mart she deserves to take a shovel to the head'-Handlebar-To-The-Face

Bike Check!


Antithought.bandcamp.com- Check it!

3/5/2014 1:37 PM

Mephiskapheles

enjoy.

Wallride everything.



ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher

3/7/2014 6:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/8/2014 1:41 PM

Rancids life won't wait is awsome
Voodoo glow skulls
Stockyard stoics
Indk
Some of the flat liners older stuff
Sublime ( how this has been missed is beyond me)

3/8/2014 3:05 PM

Four wrote: Less Than Jake
Suicide Machines
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Streetlight Manifesto
Operation Ivy
Reel Big Fish
Goldfinger
Shaken 69
Catch 22
Big D and The Kids Table
Citizen Fish
Slapstick
Voodoo Glow Skulls
The Scholars
Against All Authority
Bomb The Music Industry
The Arrogant Sons of Bitches
Farse
Fuzigish
The OC Supertones
Skankin Pickle
Suburban Legends
Los Kung Fu Monkeys

My favorite Ska bands. Some label NOFX and Rancid as Ska, I don't personally but still a good listen.

Ooooh I didn't see you had Supertones in there. They are one of my favorite bands I have ever seen.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
"Life's a pizza. Eat it."
-Gary Ginch
"omg u own a truck and drive boots let me fuck you"
-xxOhioanxx
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid
#cantbancollin
#savefastplants
#hungandsexless
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

3/20/2014 8:53 AM

LESS THAN JAKE! and mighty mighty bosstones haha

Refs: Four x4, Dolphin, BrokenBMX, Tomdon, ecuadevil...

Post a Reply to: ska

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm