4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Got tired of my new MTB so I traded for this...

4/7/2014 5:24 PM

Some of you know that i'm a washed up ex-pro motocross racer, for those who didn't know...well now you do. Anyway, I had that Giant Reign 1 MTB that I just got not too long ago and found a local guy who wanted it more than me so he offered up this for trade:

and this is what I had:

Heh...now to buy another MTB.

4/7/2014 5:39 PM

Very nice.

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

4/7/2014 5:55 PM

Whaaaat. I'm a huge motocross fanboy. Like you're my favorite member now.

4/7/2014 6:09 PM

lol, i've been racing for 24 years now, 16 of them consecutively.

4/7/2014 6:19 PM

I want one

Check out my skavenger EL BLAAAAAAAAANCO LOCO!

Subscribe to my youtube channel here

Why do drugs when you can ride BMX?

"I ride bikes, not finger them"
-soulrebelrastaman

4/7/2014 7:34 PM

Thats rad! Lucked out in that trade

THOU SHALL NOT COMMIT SKOOTERY
Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype
text me323.245.2827

4/7/2014 8:36 PM

Tight

4/7/2014 9:27 PM

That's badass man! Currently have this in my garage waiting to be ridden.

4/7/2014 9:49 PM

you're in Houston, go ride!

4/8/2014 11:15 AM

Really nice bike!!! But that MTB could have been used for light downhill :OOO

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/11/2014 9:03 AM

Any idea what this is worth? I never found the exact year on it but its what I think is 07-09 Specialized hard rock sport. I've had it on craigslist for different prices forever.

Refs: Bought from Four ,TommyBoy & Xxohioanxx Traded tomdon & sold to Big Curn

4/11/2014 12:47 PM

DOesnt look really expensive if you ask me,

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

4/11/2014 1:34 PM

T-rider wrote: DOesnt look really expensive if you ask me,

It was only like 429.99$ new or something. I traded 50$ in bmx parts for it and I hate riding all the way to the local trailsy downhill stuff. No idea what the resale value for one is.

Refs: Bought from Four ,TommyBoy & Xxohioanxx Traded tomdon & sold to Big Curn

4/11/2014 2:42 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote: Any idea what this is worth? I never found the exact year on it but its what I think is 07-09 Specialized hard rock sport. I've had it on craigslist for different prices forever.

That's a 2003 or 2004, worth about $150 - $200 to the right person.

4/11/2014 3:40 PM

T-rider wrote: Really nice bike!!! But that MTB could have been used for light downhill :OOO

I've done more DH MTB riding then anyone I know, I've been racing for years and although the Giant was pretty beefy, it couldn't hold up to what I normally do on a DH bike.

4/11/2014 4:02 PM

sbc785 wrote: I've done more DH MTB riding then anyone I know, I've been racing for years and although the Giant was pretty beefy, it couldn't hold up to what I normally do on a DH bike.

I understand, dh bike shave 200mm supsension front right? ANd they are beefe as hell, i saw that the commencal world cup or something like that was 15kg.
FUcking love DH, i just dont have money for it.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

4/12/2014 10:05 AM

Ya we have the Red Bull Cup right here in Utah, we're supposed to be the number 1 state for DH racing.

4/12/2014 5:07 PM

sbc785 wrote: Ya we have the Red Bull Cup right here in Utah, we're supposed to be the number 1 state for DH racing.

Cool. Here there isnt any dh track.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

4/12/2014 11:23 PM

sbc785 wrote: Ya we have the Red Bull Cup right here in Utah, we're supposed to be the number 1 state for DH racing.

You only hold redbull rampage, the premier freestyle dh mtb event in the world.

4/15/2014 8:10 AM

Solid trade, now go get a PSlope from specialized or a Demo. haha

But seriously the P Slope is AWESOME. It's a dirt jumper with a rear shock and something like 80-100 MM travel. Great for the ridiculous slopestyle stuff that dudes like berecloth crank out.

When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same, out there for the fun of it, the challenge of progression, and the personal accountability we have for the results we get. There are no teams to let down, no coaches to scream about a missed pedal, and no obstacles that cannot be overcome.

4/15/2014 7:53 PM

dave lawrence wrote: Solid trade, now go get a PSlope from specialized or a Demo. haha

But seriously the P Slope is AWESOME. It's a dirt jumper with a rear shock and something like 80-100 MM travel. Great for the ridiculous slopestyle stuff that dudes like berecloth crank out.

I love Specialized (their bikes, not the company), I had a Big Hit and a Demo already. My fav bike I've had is probably my old Rocky Mountain Switch I had like 4 years ago. It came wit Marzocchi Bomber forks that were pretty good but I needed to put a heavier spring in them since they were too plush for the tracks I was riding. I think my next bike will be another freeride, they have the benefits of being able to do pretty big drops on the DH courses but you can still pedal them around singletracks.

4/17/2014 8:55 AM

awee shiiitttt. i didnt know that.

high five for being washed up *puts hand up*

ive never been good enough at anythign to be washed up

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/17/2014 9:03 AM

You guys ever freestyle ?

4/17/2014 5:54 PM

No, I have many friends who ride professional FMX and all but I never liked it. I'll watch it when it's on TV and go to FMX events to watch but i'll never try it.

Post a Reply to: Got tired of my new MTB so I traded for this...

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm