4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

My Girlfriend's Father - Should I worry about it?

3/25/2014 3:30 PM

My girlfriend's dad, for some odd reason, does not like me. It seems to be getting worse and worse and I'm wondering if I should be concerned. It seems as if he doesn't want to completely terminate my girlfriend and I's relationship all together, but I know he isn't happy about us being together.

Honestly guys, I have no idea why he doesn't like me! I'm not the most polite guy but I'm not rude. I mind my manners and everything, especially around him. I get decent grades. And I almost never get in trouble! He's a pretty protective guy but it isn't like he dislikes me because I'm dating his daughter. He likes baseball and I'm sure he would jump for joy if one of the school's baseball players was dating his daughter. I don't like baseball at all. I am friends with a few baseball players and my girlfriend's father loves them! He jokes around with them a lot and is always happy to see them. I'm lucky to get a hello and a hand shake out of the guy when I go to his house.

I just wish I knew why he doesn't like me and what I can do about it.....Should I be concerned about this and what can I do to possibly help the situation because nothing that I'm doing seems to be working?

Bike Check
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

3/25/2014 4:12 PM

Just knock her up.....stick it to the man

3/25/2014 4:25 PM

You hang with those tweaker, vandalizing, good-for-nothing bmx riders!

But serisouly, i bet it's because your dating his daughter. Do you think he would be happier if she were dating a baseball player? Did you know him before you started dating his daughter?

Check out my skavenger EL BLAAAAAAAAANCO LOCO!

Subscribe to my youtube channel here

Why do drugs when you can ride BMX?

Not blazing, just tazing.

3/25/2014 4:49 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote: You hang with those tweaker, vandalizing, good-for-nothing bmx riders!

But serisouly, i bet it's because your dating his daughter. Do you think he would be happier if she were dating a baseball player? Did you know him before you started dating his daughter?

Lol The answers to your questions are Yes and No, not really. He helped build my house so I kinda knew him but not well.

Bike Check
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)

3/25/2014 7:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2014 7:10 PM

Its a dad thing honestly I've never been liked by any of my girlfriends dads, Im not rude or anything either they just never liked me it's kind of like they feel you'll take them from them or something. the last ine tried to fight me even, which unfortunately i did and he got fucked up now none of them like me haha...except the mom o_O

THOU SHALL NOT COMMIT SKOOTERY
Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90, dirtstars22
text me323.245.2827

3/25/2014 9:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2014 9:48 PM

Look at it this way. He wants to protect his daughter, just treat her right and maybe he will start to like you and maybe he won't kill you or something. I wouldn't worry about it either way though you can take him.

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

3/26/2014 5:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/26/2014 5:33 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote: Its a dad thing honestly I've never been liked by any of my girlfriends dads, Im not rude or anything either they just never liked me it's kind of like they feel you'll take them from them or something. the last ine tried to fight me even, which unfortunately i did and he got fucked up now none of them like me haha...except the mom o_O

i feel like there needs to be more story to this? maybe an ama? like what the hellman!

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

3/26/2014 7:03 AM

DeviantBMX123 wrote: i feel like there needs to be more story to this? maybe an ama? like what the hellman!

There really isn't he was just one of those guys that thought be was the shit (literally dressed up like a kid and said he had swag all the time) and always wanted people to listen to him to do shit for him. Really the only thing i did up until that happened was he told me to get him i think it was his shoes or something like that and i told him to get it his self and then he got in my face and started cussing me out, i guess he took it as being disrespectful or something but there was no way i was going to bring him his shoes.

I dunno i guess he just had enough of me or something because up until that i never really did anything to him to not like me (aside from the chick was Mexican so i think he might have wanted his daughter with a Mexican?). I really just think it was his ego or just over compensation

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90, dirtstars22
text me323.245.2827

3/26/2014 10:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/26/2014 10:27 AM

Stop by some time when shes not around to talk to him. Express to him how you really care for his daughter and she might be better off with you than some other guys. Firm handshake ofcourse. Tell him you want to be more involved in her life including her family

My girlfriends dad is psychotic. Like literally. But he hates me a ton just for dating his daughter who he thinks isnt responsible or mature enough for a relationship (shes the smartest most mature girl ive ever met, hes just crazy.) It really didnt help when I gave their neighbor/close family friend a black eye for telling her im a drug dealer and that I cheat on her and lie to her all the time (none of which is even remotely true and the kid barely knew me, just jealous because he had a crush on her since elementary school.) He demanded I apologize to HIM for what I did (HES FUCKING CRAZY) otherwise I couldn't see her while shes at his house. So I apologized to him and he began talking to me about how shes a horrible daughter and all this shit (shes a saint, hes CRAZY.) I just pretended like I agreed and shook his hand and now he likes me alot but tbh I hate his guts. Hes said and done some really fucked up shit to her.

Life behind bars.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

For sale!! 21" The Make Croft $100, Mutiny Glam v2 $20, Custom trans blue Odyssey Lumberjacks $20! Get at me!

3/26/2014 10:34 AM

It sucks man, but he would have to learn to like you or he will be pissed forever.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/26/2014 3:46 PM

I had a relationship with a girl for a year and a half. She was a year younger. Her dad first met me , after he caught me making out with her with my hand on her ass when I walked her home.

He loved me !

Bro , all dads will be protective. If you really like your girlfriend and treat her with respect , he WILL notice it. Be a good guy , use manners , and just be yourself around her dad. He should get used to you. It's not his relationship anyways , so don't let it control you and effect your love ! Obviously your girl likes you for a reason , so her dad should trust both of you guys. If SHE likes you , her dad will understand that. My ex's dad was NOT into boyfriends but after being with her for such a long time , he got to know me and I actually looked up to him. We had mutual respect towards one another , for us , and for my ex / his daughter.

BE YOU !! Don't worry about it homie. If you're a good guy it'll work out in time.

Deadline Motherfucker

Check out my STOLEN whip here

3/26/2014 5:55 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote: I had a relationship with a girl for a year and a half. She was a year younger. Her dad first met me , after he caught me making out with her with my hand on her ass when I walked her home.

He loved me !

Bro , all dads will be protective. If you really like your girlfriend and treat her with respect , he WILL notice it. Be a good guy , use manners , and just be yourself around her dad. He should get used to you. It's not his relationship anyways , so don't let it control you and effect your love ! Obviously your girl likes you for a reason , so her dad should trust both of you guys. If SHE likes you , her dad will understand that. My ex's dad was NOT into boyfriends but after being with her for such a long time , he got to know me and I actually looked up to him. We had mutual respect towards one another , for us , and for my ex / his daughter.

BE YOU !! Don't worry about it homie. If you're a good guy it'll work out in time.

Honestly, I am a really good guy! First semi-warm weekend this year that wasn't actually during spring, I was sitting in an auditorium watching my gf's dance competition. I missed a whole weekend of skateparks, warm weather, and riding so that I could watch her dance!

Like if that isn't being a good, caring boyfriend, then I don't know what is.

Apparently , some HUGE douchebag has been talking to my girlfriend's father and saying that I'm a "bad influence, I have a horrible attitude, my behavior is bad, and I will lead his daughter in the wrong direction."

Just to clarify, I have never been arrested, I have never been issued any tickets for anything, I don't smoke, I don't drink, I get decent grades (close to being on the honor roll), and I'm a polite kid. Some of what he's heard may be true, but it's definitely exaggerated!

And her dad won't tell her who's been talking all the shit so I can't do anything about it!

Bike Check
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)

3/26/2014 6:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/26/2014 7:00 PM

Stocksy wrote: Honestly, I am a really good guy! First semi-warm weekend this year that wasn't actually during spring, I was sitting in an auditorium watching my gf's dance competition. I missed a whole weekend of skateparks, warm weather, and riding so that I could watch her dance!

Apparently , some HUGE douchebag has been talking to my girlfriend's father and saying that I'm a "bad influence, I have a horrible attitude, my behavior is bad, and I will lead his daughter in the wrong direction."

Just to clarify, I have never been arrested, I have never been issued any tickets for anything, I don't smoke, I don't drink, I get decent grades (close to being on the honor roll), and I'm a polite kid. Some of what he's heard may be true, but it's definitely exaggerated!

And her dad won't tell her who's been talking all the shit so I can't do anything about it!

There might not be anyone telling him anything, the dude i was talking about in my earlier post would do the exact same thing where he apparently knew someone at the school and they were telling him i would be talking with other chick and making out with them while i was at school and ditching classes with them and like with you he wouldn't say the onky response he would give would be dont worry about and later found out it wasn't anyone he was trying to get her to break up with me

EDIT: not saying there isnt someone telling him stuff it's just a possibility he's making it up

Murica bike check
text me323.245.2827

3/27/2014 1:39 PM

Stocksy wrote: Honestly, I am a really good guy! First semi-warm weekend this year that wasn't actually during spring, I was sitting in an auditorium watching my gf's dance competition. I missed a whole weekend of skateparks, warm weather, and riding so that I could watch her dance!

Man thats a really boyfriend! But dam, the ¨x¨ man saying bullshit about you sucks, id try to find out and have some nice words.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/27/2014 6:13 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote: I had a relationship with a girl for a year and a half. She was a year younger. Her dad first met me , after he caught me making out with her with my hand on her ass when I walked her home.

He loved me !

T-rider wrote: Man thats a really boyfriend! But dam, the ¨x¨ man saying bullshit about you sucks, id try to find out and have some nice words.

It's a possibility Handlebar-To-Face and yeah I know, T-Rider. I just wish I knew who it was so that I could talk to them and say like "Hey man. Why don't you stop?"

Bike Check
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)

3/27/2014 7:16 PM

he sounds like a bitch, you gottta walk up in that bitch and be like yo i bent your daughter over the kitchen counter and banged her good n proper. that should do the trick

"Of course theyre compatible theyre cranks"

3/27/2014 7:58 PM

mitchovich wrote: he sounds like a bitch, you gottta walk up in that bitch and be like yo i bent your daughter over the kitchen counter and banged her good n proper. that should do the trick

Guaranteed the best way to make him like you

Murica bike check
text me323.245.2827

3/27/2014 9:41 PM

he probably just doesn't like you because youre bending over his little girl.

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

3/27/2014 9:44 PM

You're dating his daughter and I'm sure he knows/assumes that you're having sexual relations with his daughter. He's going to hate you, there isn't a god damned thing you can do about it until HE decides he's going to like you.

Just wait until my daughter gets her first boyfriend, IDGAF how old the little shit is, I'm gonna whoop his ass.

3/28/2014 10:35 AM

sbc785 wrote: You're dating his daughter and I'm sure he knows/assumes that you're having sexual relations with his daughter. He's going to hate you, there isn't a god damned thing you can do about it until HE decides he's going to like you.

Just wait until my daughter gets her first boyfriend, IDGAF how old the little shit is, I'm gonna whoop his ass.

This (I don't have kids currently though)

And TALK TO THE GUY.

Come right out and ask him if he dislikes you, and why. Aside from the dating/sleeping with his daughter, he has to have a more legitimate reason. Find out what it is and address it.

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

3/28/2014 11:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/28/2014 11:32 AM

I'm a 40 year old father with an 18 year old daughter. I can tell you from experience that no father wants ANY boy dating their daughter EVER. And you want to know why? It's because he too was a horny, teenage boy once and he knows exactly what is on the minds of teenage boys 24/7. Don't take it personal. He probably won't like the next guy she dates either. At the end of the day it all comes down to the fact the she's his little girl and he wants to protect her.

3/28/2014 11:35 AM

sbc785 wrote: You're dating his daughter and I'm sure he knows/assumes that you're having sexual relations with his daughter. He's going to hate you, there isn't a god damned thing you can do about it until HE decides he's going to like you.

I like you that much more now.

Even though in a sense I could be a guy having "sexual relations" , I'm still in highschool lol

Deadline Motherfucker

Check out my STOLEN whip here

3/28/2014 1:05 PM

mitchovich wrote: he sounds like a bitch, you gottta walk up in that bitch and be like yo i bent your daughter over the kitchen counter and banged her good n proper. that should do the trick

You will have his father.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/30/2014 7:19 AM

Hahaha You got it easy. My girlfriend and i got busted for holding hands XD her mom freaked out from what i understand. just for holding hands.

Count your blessings. And your girl may be into it. She may like to rebel against her dad.

Have sex with her and if she breaks it off with you explain in detail to her dad how it was and express your dislikes. #evilshit

3/30/2014 12:34 PM

MaximusBikes wrote: Hahaha You got it easy. My girlfriend and i got busted for holding hands XD her mom freaked out from what i understand. just for holding hands.

Count your blessings. And your girl may be into it. She may like to rebel against her dad.

Have sex with her and if she breaks it off with you explain in detail to her dad how it was and express your dislikes. #evilshit

THat least line thio

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Post a Reply to: My Girlfriend's Father - Should I worry about it?

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm