4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

X Games (video games)

6/7/2014 4:40 PM

This is exactly what I posted on my Facebook.

X Games now has a VIDEO GAME tournament! REALLY, not going to lie, there are some serious gamers out there, BUT REALLY, I actually quit playing video games for BMX 6 or so years ago, NEVER TURNED BACK. The ONLY way I see gaming being "extreme" is when a person gets so ADDICTED to playing them they have "X-Treme Weight Gain" because they might just sit for several hours in their basement with their possibly several thousand dollar surround sound and whatever else to hear bullets flying by in the game so clearly it sounds real, and in that several hours, probably eating doritos and drinking energy drinks and soda because they would get too addicted to pause the game, get up and make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for themselves. Might as well put a sport called "Race to Diabetes" in X Games. /Rant Over....

Discuss?

Brayden_Buckingham wrote: If he's offering just buy whatever the fuck you want. I'd buy titanium everything , A Federal Churchill frame , and I get oilslick parts for swag.

Me: Nah.... Swaggots will be coming at me from every direction. Snapbacks will start falling from the sky, and obey clothing will rise from the ground. It will be "#Swagpocalypse2014"

6/7/2014 4:56 PM

I told you about this right? Haha

It's gay as fuck , a COD player , Optic Nadeshot (Who is in Xgames for the tournament) posted a picture of the Mega-ramp saying "Proud to be in Xgames!" yet playing a fucking videogame compared to doing 40 ft long flip whips to blasting a huge quarterpipe REALLY makes sense.

"When I get a new bike I'm taking a shitload of pre-workout suppliments and going fucking crazy the first day and flip - whip off a roof !"

Check out my STOLEN whip here

6/7/2014 5:40 PM

I ranted about this as soon as I saw an article for it on TCU in like May I think. I think it is COMPLETE bullshit that they would even consider putting video games in the X Games! I'd rather have scootering in the X Games honestly! At least you're STANDING while riding a scooter! I don't understand why ESPN would even consider letting video games in!

Bike Check
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

6/7/2014 5:49 PM

It's all about the money. Video games are probably one of the biggest markets in the world, and from a business standpoint bringing in the MLG thing is smart. A broader spectrum of appeal means more money. But the X Games are about extreme sports, so bringing in MLG is stupid as fuck

6/8/2014 1:27 AM

I see your point, but you 'quit' playing games for bmx? You can do both you know.. I mean, i RARELY go on my ps3, but i wouldnt say i quit haha



NEW Bike check

6/9/2014 7:03 AM

Exactly as someone said. All about the money! There's more money than there are in movies nowadays. Espn have rights to a whole bunch of games. E3 is starting today, for those who don't know it's a 'sort of' video game convention where teams get to show off new video games in tge works and I wouldn't be surprised to see a new bmx game or a skate 4 in tge makings there. Video games and getting on a bike isn't a one or the other thing though buddy. I don't see any problem with it. I dOnt think they'll be making it a big deal, just a side thing! Won't be taking over anything else ha. I've been to plenty of music festivals and about 4 years ago at download festival they had a guitar hero tournament at a stand. Didn't mean tgey took machine head off stage and replaced them with a ps3 and plastic guitar. It was just abit of fooling around on one of tge many stations besides tge bands. I'm sure it'll be simular here. I still play Videogames, every now and then, wouldn't call myself a gamer, I don't have a mic I strap to my head to talk to children while playing call of duty and eat my chips and soda whilst living in my parents basement haha, but if I ever feel
Like chilling inside, I sometimes have a bash on something or switch on the old snes. I also have recently started to ride again, after 9 years, but back when I was first riding, I played a lot if games, and still rode, alot!

6/9/2014 1:16 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote: I told you about this right? Haha

It's gay as fuck , a COD player , Optic Nadeshot (Who is in Xgames for the tournament) posted a picture of the Mega-ramp saying "Proud to be in Xgames!" yet playing a fucking videogame compared to doing 40 ft long flip whips to blasting a huge quarterpipe REALLY makes sense.

that's fucking retarded. he should be cock slapped across the mouth for that... at most he should be able to take a picture in front of a tv or mt dew poster or some shit actually related to his event

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

6/9/2014 1:21 PM

EddiMundo wrote: I see your point, but you 'quit' playing games for bmx? You can do both you know.. I mean, i RARELY go on my ps3, but i wouldnt say i quit haha

I understand I can do both. I also just got pretty bored of playing video games.

Brayden_Buckingham wrote: If he's offering just buy whatever the fuck you want. I'd buy titanium everything , A Federal Churchill frame , and I get oilslick parts for swag.

Me: Nah.... Swaggots will be coming at me from every direction. Snapbacks will start falling from the sky, and obey clothing will rise from the ground. It will be "#Swagpocalypse2014"

6/9/2014 8:56 PM

EddiMundo wrote: I see your point, but you 'quit' playing games for bmx? You can do both you know.. I mean, i RARELY go on my ps3, but i wouldnt say i quit haha

James_Letten17 wrote: I understand I can do both. I also just got pretty bored of playing video games.

well then. that explains it lol

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

6/9/2014 9:29 PM

Did this even happen? I never heard any mention of it during x games. I feel like it was just a side thing (not actually part of the games) like just park of the festivities and just something for people to do

THOU SHALL NOT COMMIT SKOOTERY
Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90, dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin
text me323.245.2827

6/10/2014 4:19 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote: Did this even happen? I never heard any mention of it during x games. I feel like it was just a side thing (not actually part of the games) like just park of the festivities and just something for people to do

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a real xgames event. Like they didn't get medals or anything. It was just something to bring more people in.

6/10/2014 11:09 AM

Its not video games in general. Its just Call Of Duty.... Which is basically turing to promote itself anywhere...

"Riding four piece bars is like getting a BJ from an ugly girl, Close your eyes and it feels the same."

-Feeble_to_face

California Living

6/10/2014 11:41 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote: Did this even happen? I never heard any mention of it during x games. I feel like it was just a side thing (not actually part of the games) like just park of the festivities and just something for people to do

GThompson121 wrote: I'm pretty sure it wasn't a real xgames event. Like they didn't get medals or anything. It was just something to bring more people in.

Oh that makes sense then, the way people were complaining about made it seem like it was actually going to be an event. They had stuff like that when it was here too it's just part of all the stuff people can do to have fun

THOU SHALL NOT COMMIT SKOOTERY
Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90, dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin
text me323.245.2827

6/10/2014 7:58 PM

http://thecomeup.com/news/x-games-to-bring-call-of-duty-tournament-to-austin/

Check this out. Notice "and they’re actually giving people medals for winning."

Bike Check
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

6/11/2014 2:15 AM

Stocksy wrote: http://thecomeup.com/news/x-games-to-bring-call-of-duty-tournament-to-austin/

Check this out. Notice "and they’re actually giving people medals for winning."

I definately wouldn't think of them getting medals for video games at the x games... I mean itd be kinda cool to have it to just bring people in. but as an actual even its fucking stupid lol

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

6/11/2014 11:02 AM

X Games is a business. Can't be too shocked by this. They've never exactly had a high moral stance when it came to anything...
Post a Reply to: X Games (video games)

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm