4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

BMX Fashion

8/8/2012 8:11 PM

What did BMX riders wear back then? I know it wasn't skinny jeans and a tee shirt.

I'm so glad I haven't got my bike stolen.

8/8/2012 9:36 PM

skinny jeans were a fad in the 80's too, mostly i see guys in cut-off shorts, t-shirts and some Oakley Frogskins.

8/8/2012 11:15 PM

idk why but this topic reminded me of this old ad

dak knows all about fashion!

8/10/2012 4:44 PM

cky199 wrote: idk why but this topic reminded me of this old ad

O i guess its kinda the same.

I'm so glad I haven't got my bike stolen.

10/31/2012 10:30 AM

Some old old bmx racing gear! Dig the helmets though!

12/18/2012 1:44 AM

sbc785 wrote: skinny jeans were a fad in the 80's too, mostly i see guys in cut-off shorts, t-shirts and some Oakley Frogskins.

Actually, I remember having girls stop me in the halls to roll my pants legs because that is what was cool. Hornrim glasses were cool if they had print all over the frames, and you had to have the string holding them around your neck. I was wearing cutoffs I had just had my sister help me with and was out riding and a girl from my school stopped me. We talked for ten min or so, and I thought she was checking out my bike the whole time, till I realized my nuts were pushed out the bottom of my shorts. I gave her a chicken heart before I knew what it was, haha.

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

1/19/2013 2:35 AM

sbc785 wrote: skinny jeans were a fad in the 80's too, mostly i see guys in cut-off shorts, t-shirts and some Oakley Frogskins.

werent jeans always on the tighter side though, up untill like the 80s-90s?

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

1/23/2013 5:35 PM

We wore skate clothes in the late 80's/early 90's. Lot's of Vision Street Wear, Skate Rags, 2Hip, etc.

I started riding when we transitioned from neon colors and FREESTYLE RAD BMX!!! to dark, grunge clothing. Club Homeboy was on the come up, as well as AggroRag, and riding crews like Plywood Hoods. It was also right at that time when street riding REALLY started to get big.

Sorry guys, were were throwing bar spins back in 1991 off picnic tables.

Here's me at 14 with 1st generation Hammer Shin Guards

1/30/2013 6:11 PM

cky199 wrote: idk why but this topic reminded me of this old ad

them shoes were not made in the 80's....this is newer ad from last year or so......

4/15/2013 9:41 PM

T-shirt and baggy shorts for me.

6/8/2013 12:42 PM

can anyone tell which dress will suit me while racing my cycle. I am very much confused about it.

Custom Stickers Printing

6/25/2013 10:01 AM

neon and pink in the 80s, especially in racing. 90s is about the only style that make sense, regardless of the topic at hand.

In midschool bike rides you.

7/20/2013 5:33 AM

I remember the odd shorts, almost hotpants ! Socks pulled up knee-high.........

Gravity sucks

9/28/2013 1:47 AM

I'm a atv rider and i have used atv riding suit for atv racing. When i have started atv riding so i weared atv suit and full protectors for safty. Because it's very comfotable and pretty good work.

Atv Riding Suits

11/3/2013 3:14 PM

ecko open face helmet baby

4 Pegs Or No Pegs

2/16/2014 11:38 AM

I wore a t shirt, jeans, and Airwalk or Reebok high tops when I went riding around after school.

2/16/2014 8:37 PM

OP shorts or Levi 501 jeans. Vans shoes and t- shirt ..Also parachute pants

Mirraco is my ride!!

3/2/2014 11:28 PM

Angstystudio wrote: What did BMX riders wear back then? I know it wasn't skinny jeans and a tee shirt.

This post is old but it doesn't really matter in this section. Look at Darryl Nau...he still rocks 80's clothes.

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

Post a Reply to: BMX Fashion

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm