4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Converting vintage 1985 racing bike to modern day park bike

1/17/2012 2:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2012 2:08 PM

Hey guys. I have a vintage 1985 Ross Piranha Racing frame. The whole frame is chromoly and shit, and it's extremely strong and light. I would like to get nice light hubs for my bike, my drop outs are 3/8, and I'm thinking about buying a conversion kit. Which are female hubs. I'm really likeing the feel and shape of my frame, so I don't want to buy a new frame any time soon. I would also like to but rims, and spokes that aren't 36/105 guage. I'm also getting a converter for my steam, so i can go from gooseneck, to non-gooseneck. Plus, i'd like to get a nice bitchin' crank (no not the subrosa cranks). They have to be american bb as well, I have the sealed bearings in hand already, i was just retarded enough to take my friends sims cranks and put them on my bike, and they weigh a fucking ton. So please help me out, I'd truely appreciate some good tastes in affordable parts.

^old picture, I have same tire set-up, but a smaller sprocket and a new chain

If i had a choice between a subrosa pandora frame, and a 1985 Skyway streetbeat, I'd pick the street beat.
1985 Skyway Street Beat
Subrosa Pandora

1/17/2012 4:41 PM

that thing is probably worth more in that shape/condition than a modern bmx bike.

I personally wouldn't risk doing damage to it.....

1/18/2012 2:19 PM

pnj wrote: that thing is probably worth more in that shape/condition than a modern bmx bike.

I personally wouldn't risk doing damage to it.....

it was about 100 bucks brand new =/ an its worth hasn't increased at all. Maybe mine has due to me having all original parts. The american version of my bike, which was made in 1982-83 was worth a lot more, and it weighed less.

If i had a choice between a subrosa pandora frame, and a 1985 Skyway streetbeat, I'd pick the street beat.
1985 Skyway Street Beat
Subrosa Pandora

2/8/2012 8:47 PM

dont know which version i had but it was chrome with red chrome rims n parts, im pretty jealous lol my uncle threw mine away when i was on a summer trip few years ago.

i will never die, my world will only end...[[[REFS,,, showtime402, _brendan

2/25/2012 9:13 AM

bmxryder2001 wrote: dont know which version i had but it was chrome with red chrome rims n parts, im pretty jealous lol my uncle threw mine away when i was on a summer trip few years ago.

Your uncles a dick

doing business like its a business since 1985

"*a08 is awesome" -Penman166

BMX-Decals.com on Facebook!!!!!!!

Post a Reply to: Converting vintage 1985 racing bike to modern day park bike

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm